** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Football Predictions > Aug 25th - 27th

champratings.jpg

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

scotschampratings.jpg

Here are the next batch of odds and ratings for the next weekend of UK football matches. The odds for the Scottish Championship just taking a little longer to get hold of but the ratings are there so will update the odds when ready. The season is starting to settle a bit now after four rounds of action. What tips are you guys putting out there for this coming weekend?

@DW_United@sajtion, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, @silver fox, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @JJG, @Xtc12, and @MuineBheag.

Blackpool 23/20 is a great price.  Blackpool beat Mk dons at home and drew away to Doncaster so have made a solid start. Oldham are poor and leak goals.  Their own manager has said they are not good enough.  Should be a banker home win in my view at great odds.  It will not surprise me if odds drop to 10/11 or worse

Oxford vs Shrewsbury

Early top of the table clash between Oxford, sitting in 5th after 2 wins and a defeat, and Shrewsbury, who currently sit 3rd in the league with a 100% record.

I had Shrewsbury down for relegation at the start of this season so am somewhat surprised to see them start the season so well. On closer inspection though, their 3 wins came in games where I’m not actually surprised to see them win – even relegated teams will win games. All 3 opponents so far sit in the relegation places and whilst it’s still early, and Shrewsbury’s wins are actually a reason for these teams being down there, I don’t think the opposition has been that testing. Their opening day win against Northampton actually only came in the 90th minute and all victories have been by 1 goal.

Saturday will definitely be Shrewsbury’s toughest game so far. Oxford were expected to do well at the beginning of the season and have started off well. They would have been expected to beat Oldham (24th) in the opening game but followed it up with an impressive 3-0 defeat of Portsmouth. In their last outing, they succumbed to a 1-0 defeat at Scnuthorpe and there is certainly no shame in that given Scnuthorpe’s home record last season. By all accounts, Oxford put up a good fight and should have nicked a draw right at the death.

I see a big difference in the quality of both squads and with home advantage I strongly fancy Oxford to take this one.

Oxford’s price has pushed up past evens and I think that’s a very good price for a team I expect to be challenging for promotion come the end of the season.

Oxford to win 5pts @ 2.02 MarathonBet

Ipswich vs Fulham

Whilst I’m not going to read too much into both teams midweek cup games due to both teams making wholesale changes, Fulham’s home defeat at the hands of Bristol Rovers won’t have helped the confidence of a team still without a win this season.

In all fairness to Fulham, they haven’t actually had the easiest starts to the season. Home games against Norwich (1-1) and Sheffield Wednesday (0-1) and away games against Reading (1-1) and Leeds (0-0) pitted them against 4 teams that finished in the top 8 last year.

Fulham finished last season strongly and the 2.25 best price for them to beat Ipswich seems to have been largely based on this form. They’ve played 5 games so far this season and whilst they haven’t conceded more than a goal in any game, they have failed to find the net in 3 of their 5 games and only netted 1 in the other two. That’s not the kind of form that would see me backing them at those prices.

Personally I wouldn’t have them any shorter than 7/4 for this one. So with that in mind I think there is value on the other side. I’m surprised to see how this one has been priced up. It’s hard to imagine that Fulham would be much shorter had they actually won a few of their games this season.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this one finished as a draw so the 3/1 on the draw looks a bit on the high side to me and the 13/2 for a 1-1 has appeal as well.

However I still think Ipswich are overpriced, especially given this fixture is being played at Portman Road. To me, they’ve got one of the best forward lines in the division and already this has helped them win a few tight games. They are certainly finding goals easier to come by than Fulham have done so far.

I think this will be a tight fixture so will cover myself with an Ipswich win and 1-1 draw

Ipswich to win (3pts) @ 3.34 Marathon Bet

1-1 draw (1pt) @ 7.5 William Hill / Bet Victor

On 21/08/2017 at 9:12 PM, rangers234 said:

Cardiff to beat rangers is pretty much a dead cert. Are away form is pretty poor. 

Boro to beat Preston.. will be a tight game both not scoring great but reckon home form should do it.

Yeah, I would be disappointed if we didn't win but you guys have a knack of catching us off guard when we are the favourites to win. It would be an incredible feat to win our first 5 games of the season so we shall see.

can cardiff keep winning? complacency can set in when team hasn't tasted defeat but cardiff did lose cup and that can sometimes knock the confidence. i will probably avoid this one in my accumulator as ian holloway is experienced managed and could set up qpr for a draw which could frustrate the home side.

Looks like a frustrating start of the season for Brentford

Interestingly, their current league performance matches with the one back in 2010-11 season...

That season, they lost their 1st 2 league matches, drew their 3rd, lost their 4th and recorded their 1st win in their 5th league match

Same scenario as this season

On 8/21/2017 at 9:17 PM, WiggoBets said:

Interesting that Brentford have a 20 point advantage on the ratings over Wolves, despite not winning at home yet and wolves winning both away games, or am I reading it wrong? 

According to ratings in past two home games even Brentford drew with Bristol C and lost to Nottingham F, Brentford were unlucky not to win. For this match with Wolves I'll go for BTTS at 1.63 as seems both teams capable of attacking (at least that's what ratings say to me).

Edited by world

Peterborough scoring for fun against a shot shy Northampton team who leak goals and have started the season poorly.  Only team to have less shots are Oldham. 7/5

Double of Blackpool and Peterborough. 

I fancy Doncaster to a lesser extent and there is the risk of the draw. I have backed Blackpool already as a single so not going to duplicate. I will put them all on a trembles and accum bet that I do every week along with a pal

It looks like Burton A have some problems with few regulars, Akpan and Varney will be out, Warnock , lund and Mousinnho are doubts. I bet on this league for long time but I never paid attention what time we can expect line up confirmation, can any one give me a clue about it?

Current odd on Shefield W is around 2.1, I think  bet on visitors AH -0.25 @1.85 is not bad option. 

Edited by Puntermk

on my usual BTTS single and again St Mirren are the team I have picked.

St Mirren have scored and conceded in all 3 championship games so far and Dundee utd have scored in all 3 games , as its a St Mirren park I think utd will concede.

Scott McDonald scored twice so far for utd and looks a good addition as they sit top of the league with saint winning 2/3 and sit 4th with gavin reilly netting 3 times.

BTTS 4/6 at bet365

Fancying Fulham today at Ipswich, I know Ipswich have had a good start but I can't see them lasting the pace. Fulham will come good and rise up the table before long. Took them a while to get going last season too. Think they will shade it too but at 11/10 can'take be ignored.

Doncaster travel to Wimbledon who are struggling on the goal front although Doncaster haven't made a blistering start or anything, they can score. Think they might shade it today at 17/10.

My other two selection are Blackpool and Peterborough who are taking on teams who have had the lowest shot tallies in the whole league set up. My work colleague is a season ticket holder at Oldham and she says they're crap. Blackpool will win this at 6/5 and Peterborough who have made a great start are 13/8.

Fulham 11/10 Doncaster 17/10 Blackpool 6/5 and Peterborough 13/8 

Edited by Kenton Schweppes

5 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

VALUE BET ALERT!!!!!

Stirling at 5.00 WTF. Sitting top of Scottish League Two, 3 wins from 3, goal difference +7. Very obviously overpriced.

Think they are favs to go back up ( peterhead)

"Peterhead were surprisingly relegated last season, losing to Forfar in the play-off final, but are short-priced favourites with the bookies to go straight back up. They beat Hearts in the Betfred Cup and defeated Annan and Elgin in League 2 before losing 3-1 at Stenhousemuir last weekend, a match Rory McAllister missed through injury. Blue Toon boss Jim McInally revamped his squad during the summer and the new arrivals include David McCracken (Falkirk), Paul Cairney (Ayr United), Willie Gibson (Stranraer) and Jack Leitch (Airdrie). "

http://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/category/news/

46 minutes ago, JJG said:

Think they are favs to go back up ( peterhead)

"Peterhead were surprisingly relegated last season, losing to Forfar in the play-off final, but are short-priced favourites with the bookies to go straight back up. They beat Hearts in the Betfred Cup and defeated Annan and Elgin in League 2 before losing 3-1 at Stenhousemuir last weekend, a match Rory McAllister missed through injury. Blue Toon boss Jim McInally revamped his squad during the summer and the new arrivals include David McCracken (Falkirk), Paul Cairney (Ayr United), Willie Gibson (Stranraer) and Jack Leitch (Airdrie). "

http://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/category/news/

Yeah, Peterhead look strong and are rightly favourites to win the league but defeat last week shows they're beatable at this level, I think they over rely on McAllisters goals, have done for years.  Stirling have won 3 on the bounce and should never be as high as 5.00. Now watch the Peterhead 3-0 win :)

I have refrained from betting on the football league matches so far as I've felt it's all been a bit more of a lottery than normal at this early stage.

However, I can't see past a home win for Millwall against Norwich today.

Millwall have played well so far this season without getting the reward imo. In their last home game, they battered Ipswich yet went on to lose 4-3, with a combination of bad luck and poor goalkeeping.

Norwich on the other hand have been poor. If anything they have been even worse defensively than last season, which is saying something. It seems like Farke doesn't know his best 11, and has been rotating/resting players already.

I think Millwall will definitely be giving someone a good beating soon, and I can easily see that day being today against a below par Norwich side. Millwall at odds of around 7/4.

10 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Fancying Fulham today at Ipswich, I know Ipswich have had a good start but I can't see them lasting the pace. Fulham will come good and rise up the table before long. Took them a while to get going last season too. Think they will shade it too but at 11/10 can'take be ignored.

Doncaster travel to Wimbledon who are struggling on the goal front although Doncaster haven't made a blistering start or anything, they can score. Think they might shade it today at 17/10.

My other two selection are Blackpool and Peterborough who are taking on teams who have had the lowest shot tallies in the whole league set up. My work colleague is a season ticket holder at Oldham and she says they're crap. Blackpool will win this at 6/5 and Peterborough who have made a great start are 13/8.

Fulham 11/10 Doncaster 17/10 Blackpool 6/5 and Peterborough 13/8 

I feel like crying!!!!

Good day for me with Peterborough and Stirling both winning yesterday, keep that going today with Hibs at 2.00. I've got a feeling we'll put on a performance today after last weeks disappointment and win this comfortably, Dundee don't look up to much and the odds for the away win is just enough for me.

On 26/08/2017 at 0:52 PM, canaries91 said:

I have refrained from betting on the football league matches so far as I've felt it's all been a bit more of a lottery than normal at this early stage.

However, I can't see past a home win for Millwall against Norwich today.

Millwall have played well so far this season without getting the reward imo. In their last home game, they battered Ipswich yet went on to lose 4-3, with a combination of bad luck and poor goalkeeping.

Norwich on the other hand have been poor. If anything they have been even worse defensively than last season, which is saying something. It seems like Farke doesn't know his best 11, and has been rotating/resting players already.

I think Millwall will definitely be giving someone a good beating soon, and I can easily see that day being today against a below par Norwich side. Millwall at odds of around 7/4.

Comfortable winner at 7/4.