** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Football Predictions > Aug 18th & 19th

trends seem to show a lot of draws happening especially in championship. it's really hard to find a team with a bit of edge. it also seems that some teams are experiencing same issues as last year. the league feels unsettled with teams underperforming

champratings.jpg

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

scotschampodds.jpg

The next round of UK matches are fast upon us after an exciting schedule of midweek action. A full line-up of fixtures here to browse through with the odds and ratings now available for all of the leagues covered.

@DW_United@sajtion, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, @silver fox, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @JJG, @Xtc12, and @MuineBheag.

A lot of you to get involved this weekend! Let's be having your tips!!! :ok:beer

Good start with the double up last week on Man Utd and Tottenham.

Trying something a little more ambitious this weekend with a seven-match accumulator.

Oldham v WIGAN

PORTSMOUTH v Walsall

SHEFF UTD v Barnsley 

HIBERNIAN v Hamilton

Swansea v MAN UTD

Burton v BIRMINGHAM

LIVERPOOL v Crystal Palace 

Combined odds of 45-1 at BV

Liking the look of the Ipswich price. I don't expect them to keep up their good start and be in the running come the end of the season but they are scoring goals and Brentford have got off to a pretty torrid start. Can't understand them being favorites. Bit of value in that IMO.

Looking forward to the big one this weekend @StevieDay1983!

2 hours ago, sajtion said:

trends seem to show a lot of draws happening especially in championship. it's really hard to find a team with a bit of edge. it also seems that some teams are experiencing same issues as last year. the league feels unsettled with teams underperforming

If you stick with Middlesbrough and Cardiff  (at home) throughout the season, you will come out ahead. Middlesbrough is defensively the best team in the Championship by miles. And it is no fluke, they got better year on year for the last 3 or 4 years. You go consistently with Middlesbrough WIN TO NIL or NO TO BTTS against the bottom 17 teams at home, you will win  over the season.

Teams like Burton and Bolton are going to get hammered, especially away from home. 

Stay away from the average stuff, in the middle of the table (rank 8 to 17), especially away from home. These are the really inconsistent teams and are a betting minefield. Betting on these teams will empty your pocket !

Edited by neilovan

i'd stick my money on burton to beat birmingham although i expect burton to struggle to stay in division but i think this match is winnable one for them. birmingham failed to even score against bolton at home on tuesday.

i agree about middleborough they should do well in championship because of their defensive quality and i'm thinking of taking them against nottingham forest who concede too many goals and middlesbrough will probably have chances to score few goals.

ipswich at home is also a good pick. they have started season in good form and bretford are defensively leaky same as last season.

reading is also on my radar to beat not so hot preston. their games have been tight but i imagine that reading is going to play their high pressing game and beat them in ninety minutes.

fulham have played better at home since last season but with three consecutive draws it's not very encouraging although they played norwich, reading, leeds which are tough opponents. i don't think this sheffield wednesday is at the racers yet. fulham can clinch the win against them

i am not sure how good this wolverhampton is and why but three win in a row in pretty good start. cardiff likewise have won all three without conceding. i am considering a score draw

i think qpr can beat hull and qpr looked better going forward against norwich in midweek despite losing. hu8ll have conceded in all three games thus far and so they will probably concede here as well

2 hours ago, PokerWolf1 said:

Liking the look of the Ipswich price. I don't expect them to keep up their good start and be in the running come the end of the season but they are scoring goals and Brentford have got off to a pretty torrid start. Can't understand them being favorites. Bit of value in that IMO.

Looking forward to the big one this weekend @StevieDay1983!

Completely agree with this. Can't see why Brentford are the favourites here. Admittedly Ipswich haven't played that well in any of their wins but they have that winning habit having won 4 out of 4 so far this season. They've also got in form strikers in Waghorn, Garner and McGoldrick which is priceless.

This same fixture was played in early March last season and Bet365 had it was priced up as;

Ipswich - 2.38

Draw - 3.4

Brentford - 3.2

Now I'm not sure of the form going into that game but you can bet Ipswich didn't have the form they currently do. Massive value in this one IMO.

So with that in mind I fancy Ipswich again @ 2.88 Marathon Bet (3pts)

Edited by Bobby Vegas

On 17/08/2017 at 9:42 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

champratings.jpg

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

scotschampodds.jpg

The next round of UK matches are fast upon us after an exciting schedule of midweek action. A full line-up of fixtures here to browse through with the odds and ratings now available for all of the leagues covered.

@DW_United@sajtion, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, @silver fox, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @JJG, @Xtc12, and @MuineBheag.

A lot of you to get involved this weekend! Let's be having your tips!!! :ok:beer

What site is that from?

Trying to stay away from backing results, preferring to go for goals & corners.
i know history doesn't always repeat itself, but I am going on the ratings above, form, and my trusty gut feeling! I also want to only bet at odds against, as backing odds on always seems to empty my account after a while.

BRISTOL CITY V MILLWALL
Millwall P2 W0. Their 2 games featured 9 goals, & BTTS happened in both games. They threw away the lead against Ipswich in the last 10 minutes on Tuesday.  Shots & corner stats also suggest that Neil Harris is giving it a good go this season, playing attacking football.
They are away from home this week, so may relax a bit more as their is less pressure.
Bristol City have had 11 goals in their 3 games this season. BTTS & O2.5 has happened in all 3 matches.They have won 1/3, so should be pressing for the home win.
High ratings for both teams suggest they are both playing attacking football.
PICK- BTTS & O2.5 - 2.1

QPR V HULL
The corner count from QPR’s first home match was 10-1 in their favour. They always give it a good a good go at home, and by all accounts gave it a good go against Norwich. They usually cover the corner handicap at home.
Hull are still getting going under their new manager and I am not convinced they will do much this season.
PICK- QPR -1 AH CORNERS - 2.15

COVENTRY V NEWPORT
Coventry won 3/3, including a Cup win over Blackburn & sit top of L2.
They have scored in all 3 matches, F5-A0.
Newport have scored in 3/3, the 2 league matches featured 8 goals. They have yet to lose this season, in their last match away to Crewe, they won the shot count by 12 & the corner count by 9.
Ratings of 44-71.50 suggest both like to attack & the advantage is with the away team
PICK - BTTS & O2.5 - 2.3

LUTON V COLCHESTER
Lutons last home game featured 10 goals. They have not won or played at home since then. They were unlucky against Barnet, losing in the last minute. Nathan Jones will be looking for a response in front of the home fans.
Colchester have not won this season. In 2/2 league games, all the goals have come in the second half.They have scored in all 3 matches this season, featuring 9 goals, including Villa in the Cup.
I fancy LUTON to win, but won't get involved at 1.7. They should win, so LUTON to win & BTTS could be worth a punt, but I want to stay away from results.
But there are a couple of bets that interest me. One being that LUTON never seem to have many corners in a match,  they lost the corner count 4-6 in a game in which they scored 8.

PICKS
BTTS & O2.5  - 2.25
COLCHESTER MOST CORNERS - 3.2
MOST GOALS IN 2ND HALF - 2.05

I am mindful of having too many bets, so may slim this down. But these are my initial thoughts, and I actually had time to read, research, write some notes & type it all up as it's been bloody quiet at work!
Interested to see if anyone agrees or not with above. 
Good luck all!

Edited by Tiffy

3 hours ago, The Sexless Innkeeper said:

My acca, based on form in opening matches

Wolves Cardiff BTTS @1.83

Charlton Northampton 1 @1.72

Accrington Mansfield BTTS @2.00

Luton Colchester 1 @1.72

Combined odds of 10-ish

I would definitely back us and Wolves to be BTTS at those odds. Both teams are looking very good on the attack and even though they have decent defensive units when fully fit and gelled it's a bedding in period for them both. If I had to call it I'd say it will be 1-1 or we will lose 2-1, unfortunately. :ok

Surprised to see Accrington at 3.1 with Bet365. The next best odds in the market are 2.9 and I think that's probably a better reflection of where they should be. Possibly out to those odds because of an away defeat to Yeovil last time out, who had themselves suffered an embarrassing 8-2 defeat on the opening game of the season.

At home though, I think Accrington will be a tougher proposition. Already this season, they've beaten Colchester and Preston. Whilst I expect Mansfield to do well this season, I think they'll find this one of their tougher away days.

I'll have a small bet of Accrington winning @ 3.1 with Bet365 (1pt )

Kilmarnock v Celtic

I think Celtic will make some changes with Tuesday nights 2nd leg away against Astana but we still fancy us to win convincingly here , although we have only 2 strikers and one is injured we have goals from all over the midfield with Rogic, McGregor , Sinclair, Forrest and Armstrong.

I am tempted by bet365s celtic -2 at 13-10 as my main bet

will also put on a small staked accy over 2.5 goals

Peterborough v Rotherham 8/11

Scnuthorpe v Oxford 19/20

Luton v Colchester 4/5

Accrington v Mansfield evs

£5 returns £60.62

Rangers fans might be interested in rangers win and BTTS 12/5 bet365

After last weeks win at Ibrox, we should take care of Hamilton today. They had a good win over Dundee last week but that was on their artificial pitch, where they always have a slight advantage. We're a far better team than Dundee and on the big grass pitch at Easter Road we'll have too much firepower. Comfortable Hibs win. There's no value in the odds of 1.50 so i'll double it with Aberdeen. They've started the season very well and it look a straightforward home win today against a side who conceded 3 to Hamilton last week. Hibs and Aberdeen double at 2.00.

In League One, Ayr look a level above everyone else and could easily run away at the top of the league. I was expecting them to be odds on today away to Stranraer. Ayr at 2.00 looks good value to me.

In League Two, the same can be said for Peterhead. Peterhead at 2.00 to beat Stenhousemuir has to be backed.

I generally don't back my own team qpr but I reckon we will do hull. Hull are without their main striker in Hernandez which will be a massive blow. Back Conor Washington to score anytime he seems to hit the season running.

Reckon Aston Villa will do Norwich today. Granted they got out played possession wise at reading but being at home is a different game.

regards to reading if they play the same type away from home they may get unstuck! Hence the 6-1 defeat last season. 

On 18/08/2017 at 7:31 AM, sajtion said:

i'm trying these accas this weekend. 

west brom
middlesbrough
reading

ipswich
qpr
charlton
mk dons
luton

stake £15 returns £10.000

reading
charlton
luton

wycombe
coventry
carlisle
doncaster
bradford
barnet

stake £15 returns £11.000

it was close on the first one. i guess nottingham forest can defend after all. i'm not too sure about reading this season. there were better options to play

18 hours ago, JJG said:

Kilmarnock v Celtic

I think Celtic will make some changes with Tuesday nights 2nd leg away against Astana but we still fancy us to win convincingly here , although we have only 2 strikers and one is injured we have goals from all over the midfield with Rogic, McGregor , Sinclair, Forrest and Armstrong.

I am tempted by bet365s celtic -2 at 13-10 as my main bet

will also put on a small staked accy over 2.5 goals

Peterborough v Rotherham 8/11

Scnuthorpe v Oxford 19/20

Luton v Colchester 4/5

Accrington v Mansfield evs

£5 returns £60.62

Rangers fans might be interested in rangers win and BTTS 12/5 bet365

scnuthorpe let my accy down and 1 goal away from celtic result, ah well

On 8/18/2017 at 11:44 AM, The Sexless Innkeeper said:

My acca, based on form in opening matches

Wolves Cardiff BTTS @1.83

Charlton Northampton 1 @1.72

Accrington Mansfield BTTS @2.00

Luton Colchester 1 @1.72

Combined odds of 10-ish

That went well :beerand hey, Cardiff won too @StevieDay1983 possible promotion push this season?

9 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Bad day at the office. Onwards and upwards......

where do you think hibees will finish this season? got a good mix of youth and experienced players and a good manager so I would say top 4, think that was a just a blip at the weekend, when have you seen Hamilton score a goal like that before? lol ( was a great move to be fair)

On 19/08/2017 at 9:03 PM, The Sexless Innkeeper said:

That went well :beerand hey, Cardiff won too @StevieDay1983 possible promotion push this season?

Early days. Still got concerns about squad depth. We need another midfielder and maybe an extra defender but glad to have Bogle as cover for Zohore now. Our first XI is proving to be stronger than anyone so far. Long way to go but we'll try and pick up 3 points in every game and see where we are come May.

22 hours ago, JJG said:

where do you think hibees will finish this season? got a good mix of youth and experienced players and a good manager so I would say top 4, think that was a just a blip at the weekend, when have you seen Hamilton score a goal like that before? lol ( was a great move to be fair)

We're definite top 4, anything less would be a failure with the squad we have. Saturday was a shocking performance though, especially after such a good start to the season but hopefully we learn from it and move on. I have a feeling we'll win a lot of away games :ok