** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2017

Elina Svitolina vs Madison Keys

Over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power

Well i think and most people think that this will be the match of the day and it is not hard to see why as they both evenly matched and have similar games. And with the match being played on a hard court then it will great for both players as they love this surface

Sam Querrey vs Kevin Anderson

Over 42.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Querrey to win 3-2 4/1 paddy power

This is probably going to be the longest match of the tournment so far as i cant see how one player will win in straight sets. So five sets is probably the best bet as they both playing so well and dont expect a lot of breaks in the match

Edited by owenclass

I realized that Kohli was going to mess it up after the sixth/seventh game, which is where his bad side showed up unfortunately. Got to 0-30 on Federer's serve, but Roger got some good serves in and held. Kolhi then went 40-0 up on his own serve, but that's where things clicked and he lost his serve without resistance. All straightforward from then on unfortunately.

Meanwhile, what a match Delpo-Thiem. That should haunt Thiem for some days to come.

I don't really see a pick for tomorrow, might come back later with one. Having some doubts about the PCB pick now, but yeah, I'm going to let it ride.

I suppose that Rublev could be good enough for a set with his big hitting, but he'll start missing eventually and he won't be able to stay with Nadal over five sets, that's a given really. Forehand is good and everything, but he's going to break down once Nadal starts finding his backhand side I'm afraid.

Federer is still getting gifts, as Del Potro didn't look healthy at all, he wouldn't win without all the crowd support. That's not going to happen with Federer on the other side, 3-0 or 3-1.

Pliskova crushed Brady, but Brady didn't really show up, Vandeweghe will be harder to deal with, as she can attack and stay on the front foot. Neither player defends well, so it should be all about who makes the more errors. Maybe slight value on Coco if the odds rise just a bit, especially with Pliskova also now under pressure with the no.1 ranking defense.

Keys-Kanepi should be all about Keys. If she fires on all cylinders, she'll win hands down. She's priced at 1.20 not to break down at any moment though and that's way too short for me, if it shortens Kanepi is to be considered. She's experienced and can deal with the pressure, Keys can just fall apart.

Updates on the outright betting to win this years final Grand slam

Sam Querrey to win the US Open 11/1 paddy power

Juan Del Potro to win the US Open 14/1 paddy power

Pablo Carreno Busta to win the US Open 14/1 paddy power

Madison Keys to win the US Open 7/2 paddy power

Petra Kvitova to win the US Open 7/2 paddy power

Venus Williams to win the US Open 14/1 paddy power

Name the finalists

Madison Keys vs Petra Kvitova 5/1 paddy power

Madison Keys vs Venus Williams 7/1 paddy power

Well if you want an outsider to win the mens title then these three could win in it as they are all playing well. The three players in the womens draw that have impressed me are at good odds and are more likely to win the title based on form

Edited by owenclass

My selection for the Quarter finals of the US Open

Venus Williams vs Petra Kvitova

Over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Kvitova to win 8/11 paddy power

This match is going to be a battle as they both are desperately want to win another Grand slam title and they know the winner of this match has a great chance of reaching the final. Venus is playing well and has already reached two Grand slam finals this year while her opponent has only just come back from her injury which could have ruined her career and slowly is getting back to her best. So this should a great match with her opponent edging it because of her head to head record against her

Edited by owenclass

On 06/09/2017 at 8:47 PM, CzechPunter said:

TennisThread.png

I like the look of that bet. And what do you think of this one

Venus Williams vs Sloane Stephens

This a tough match to call as they are both playing well and Venus will have to play her best tennis to beat her. Her opponent will make it as tough as possible so expect a tough first set

Edited by owenclass

Not a Woman's semi final day to remember in my opinion. 6-1 0-6 7-5 is an odd scoreline, and 6-1 6-2 is a hiding.

Looking at the Anderson matchup, I can't see Anderson losing his serve more than once in this match. He is serving like a monster (in the 130's is huge), and can then be really aggressive on his return games. I see at least 1 set going to a breaker,   and say a break of serve in the other 3 sets  .

If Anderson wins in 4 you will prob see a scoreline something like 7-6 6-3 4-6 6-4

Looking at the over 38.5 games at odds around 1.72

25 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Not a Woman's semi final day to remember in my opinion. 6-1 0-6 7-5 is an odd scoreline, and 6-1 6-2 is a hiding.

Looking at the Anderson matchup, I can't see Anderson losing his serve more than once in this match. He is serving like a monster (in the 130's is huge), and can then be really aggressive on his return games. I see at least 1 set going to a breaker,   and say a break of serve in the other 3 sets  .

If Anderson wins in 4 you will prob see a scoreline something like 7-6 6-3 4-6 6-4

Not too many memorable matches in the women's draw this year, certainly. Williams-Kvitova was the most enjoyable one, Sevastova-Sharapova was good as well, but what then? Krunic-Konta from R1? Kvitova-Muguruza maybe?

9 hours ago, neilovan said:

I also think Anderson will go through

Mens Semi final matches

Kevin Anderson vs Pablo Carreno Busta

Over 40.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Anderson to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power

Anderson to win serve the mose aces and least double faults 5/1 paddy power

I like the look of Anderson in this match as he has the big serve which can get him the big points and is also more experienced in these big matches

Rafael Nadal vs Juan Martin Del Potro

Over 38.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Nadal to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power

This will a tough for Nadal but i think he is playing well enough to beat his opponent who has two tough matches himself

If Nadal does not go through then Del Potro to win outright at 7/2 looks a good bet

Edited by owenclass

odds of 2.10 for over 3.5 sets look disrespectful to me.Anderson serve is way better than Del Potro's who managed to take 1 of Nadal.I think Andreson will be fired up and good for at least a set if not two.He has been rock solid so far and can't see a reason why he cannot push it all the way to the 3rd set.It's true that Nadal's return is briliant these days but so does Anderson's serve.At very least i expect 3 very tight sets which will cover the over 34.5 line with ease.

1 hour ago, Simeon Borisof said:

odds of 2.10 for over 3.5 sets look disrespectful to me.Anderson serve is way better than Del Potro's who managed to take 1 of Nadal.I think Andreson will be fired up and good for at least a set if not two.He has been rock solid so far and can't see a reason why he cannot push it all the way to the 3rd set.It's true that Nadal's return is briliant these days but so does Anderson's serve.At very least i expect 3 very tight sets which will cover the over 34.5 line with ease.

It's all about his head I reckon. If he's up to the task, he should be able to cover that line, definitely. I can, however, see him throwing away his last service games in each set for some reason :lol.

Womens Final

Madison Keys vs Sloane Stephens

I know Keys was impressive in her last match but i think her opponent is a trickier opponent so it wont be as easy as Venus had trouble with her as well

Mixed Doubles Final

Jamie Murray and Martina Hingis vs Michael Venus and Hao Ching Chan

This doubles matches are always tough matches and the final is no exception so expect a tough battle with Murray and Hingis to go through

Edited by owenclass

Anderson - Nadal, Anderson to take first set 3.9 Pinnacle

Nadal lost three times here his first set against opponents that are weaker than Kevin. The big server must start better than in the semifinal, where he made huge amount of UE. In their four matches Anderson once took the first set. And now he is in the best shape of his life. The odds are very good for me. In his 22 GS finals, Rafa lost 9 times the first set, so here the stats are also nice for such odds.

Sinakova/Hrdecka vs Hingis/Chan 3.2 Pinnacle

Sinakova/Hrdecka started to play their best tennis here. The pair had no problems during the tournament and beat very easy classy doubles teams. They lost twice during the season from Hingis/Chan, but the second lost was very close. Hingis had very tough tournament, because she played also at the mixed doubles. She is the star of the team. Chan's record in big tournaments finals isn't so good. I expect close match, but 3.2 is a must play. The actual odds IMO must be around 2.5-2.6.

On 09/09/2017 at 11:08 AM, CzechPunter said:

It's all about his head I reckon. If he's up to the task, he should be able to cover that line, definitely. I can, however, see him throwing away his last service games in each set for some reason :lol.

Dont you think that Andersons nerves will get to him and will probably be broken very easily and i think if that happens then it will be an easy straight sets victory for Rafa. I just cant see Anderson winning a set as he has to play the match of his life to even compete with him

The only way Anderson will have a chance of winning a set is by serving well and winning the first set on a tie break as the first set is so crucial for Anderson as it will help him relax a bit more. So the bet for a tie break in the first set is pretty good

Mens Final

Rafael Nadal vs Kevin Anderson

Over 33.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Anderson to lose his first service game 4/1 paddy power

Tie break in the match evens paddy power

Three sets played 8/11 paddy power

Nadal to win in straight sets and serve least double faults 5/4 paddy power

Nadal to win and not have his service broken 7/2 paddy power

No breaks of serve in the first set 7/2 paddy power

I think the match will last long but it will be a straight sets victory for Nadal as he will have too much quality for a man who is making his first Grand slam final as he should be nervous. But his opponent has to serve well in this match as it is the only way that he will win a set as it is not going to be that easy to break Nadal

Womens Doubles final

Lucie Hradecka vs Katarina Siniakova vs Marina Hingis and Yung Jan Chan

The two doubles finals have already gone the distance and i can see this match doing the same thing

Edited by owenclass

On 9/9/2017 at 0:08 PM, CzechPunter said:

I actually think Anderson is a lot tougher than people are giving him credit for. He came back in two breakers against Querry, winning 1 and losing the other 11-9. I have watched him a lot (being a Saffer), and he is definitely tougher than he was before injury. You can see he has been working with sports psychologist.

Nadal has lost the 1st set three times during this tournament, and Anderson has a far better serve than any of those players ...

lost 4-6 Daniel

lost 6-7 Mayer

lost 4-6 to del Potro

It's also much tougher to figure out where someone is serving, early on in the match. You get a read as you see more and more serves. SO for me, if Anderson is to win a set, I think it is set 1.

Anderson to win set 1 is 2.76 which is my bet.

Verdugo - Vukic 4.22 Pinnacle

Very sweet bet. 10 minutes until the start. Both opponents are pretty close in level. Vukic is slightly better, but here Verdugo is serving great and showed better play earlier today. Vukic struggled against a guy, who is playinghis third ITF/ATP match.