Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***

Czech could you give me the link to the site which gives you these draws in tennis comp, very handy for other events with the quick updates....Didnt watch Federer this morning was to tired to stay up, backed 3-1 Federer as I thought like most with watching him in previous matches, didn't look like his normal self. Was this a good display from Federer, or he just done enough to get through to next round.

53 minutes ago, dave5perth said:

Czech could you give me the link to the site which gives you these draws in tennis comp, very handy for other events with the quick updates....Didnt watch Federer this morning was to tired to stay up, backed 3-1 Federer as I thought like most with watching him in previous matches, didn't look like his normal self. Was this a good display from Federer, or he just done enough to get through to next round.

Lopez was just poor, nothing more in it imo. The draw links are straight from the US Open main website, I don't think that there are any quickly-updated ones for normal events. Your best bet is the official ATP website (http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/tournaments), at least they have both main tournaments and Challengers.

9 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Lopez was just poor, nothing more in it imo. The draw links are straight from the US Open main website, I don't think that there are any quickly-updated ones for normal events. Your best bet is the official ATP website (http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/tournaments), at least they have both main tournaments and Challengers.

Cheers, how do you see the Safarova v Vandeweghe match panning out? Just you boy's have a lot more knowledge about tennis than me, but I'm learning. Noticed Saforova is also having to play doubles also, so that's not so good regarding rest in between matches.

11 minutes ago, dave5perth said:

Cheers, how do you see the Safarova v Vandeweghe match panning out? Just you boy's have a lot more knowledge about tennis than me, but I'm learning. Noticed Saforova is also having to play doubles also, so that's not so good regarding rest in between matches.

Doubles don't matter all that much. I'm thinking about backing Vandeweghe, not decided yet though.

R.Federer/P.Kohlschreiber - Over 3.5 sets at 2.24 with 10Bet

It would be impossible for me to take this below the 2.00 mark, but I think that everything above that is pure value, as this has at least a 50% chance of coming in imo. Lopez couldn't do the trick against Federer, but that's because the Swiss number one was able to attack his weak backhand. Kohlschreiber is hitting a heavier ball than the Spaniard off both wings, so Federer shouldn't be able to rush the net all that often - and prolonged rallies aren't what he'll want imo. Kohli has been flying under the radar since the start of the tournament, but he's been surprisingly clinical in many stats and I think he'll be able to get something here. His problem - over his whole career really - has been his chokiness when finishing things off, but he's nearly always been able to deliver until the clutch moments like deciding sets, tie-breaks, etc.

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

R.Federer/P.Kohlschreiber - Over 3.5 sets at 2.24 with 10Bet

It would be impossible for me to take this below the 2.00 mark, but I think that everything above that is pure value, as this has at least a 50% chance of coming in imo. Lopez couldn't do the trick against Federer, but that's because the Swiss number one was able to attack his weak backhand. Kohlschreiber is hitting a heavier ball than the Spaniard off both wings, so Federer shouldn't be able to rush the net all that often - and prolonged rallies aren't what he'll want imo. Kohli has been flying under the radar since the start of the tournament, but he's been surprisingly clinical in many stats and I think he'll be able to get something here. His problem - over his whole career really - has been his chokiness when finishing things off, but he's nearly always been able to deliver until the clutch moments like deciding sets, tie-breaks, etc.

I like the look of your bet as Federer is still not back to his best even though he says he is not feeling the injury

My selections for today

David Goffin vs Andrey Rublev

Over 37.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Rublev to win 7/4 paddy power

It looks like Goffin is going to have a tough match here as he is opponent has been very impressive at this years US Open. Also he looks like a future Grand slam winner and will continue by taking Goffin to five sets as i think it will be long match

Rafael Nadal vs Alexandr Dolgopolov

Over 32.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Nadal to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power

Over 3.5 sets 11/10 paddy power

This is going to be tough for Nadal as he is facing a player who serves well and with power like his opponent in the previous round. I expect three tight sets and has a chance to lose a set here as i expect a few tie breaks which his opponent can win

Edited by owenclass

Watched the early match this morning Kvitova v Miguruza, excellent match, best so far with both playing well till Petra started ratcheting up the pressure 2nd set, making her make more errors. Alway's thought Muguruza was to short in the outright marker before this game @ 3, very low considering the matches she still had to play. Starting to get a little hooked on this tennis now.

Some bets for todays womens fourth round matches

Karolina Pliskova vs Jennifer Brady

Over 19.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 11/5 paddy power

I have not been impressed with Pliskova in this tournament as she has had a few three set matches. I also think that being World number one has put more pressure on her as everyone would want to beat her from now on so i expect her to struggle against her talented opponent

Coco Wandeweghe vs Lucie Safarova

Over 22.5 games evens paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power

This is another match im looking forward to and it will be tough for Coco to beat her opponent as she is a tricky player who is a lefty and it is always tough to play against those sort of players so expect a tough first set

Edited by owenclass

Elina Svitolina vs Madison Keys

Over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power

Well i think and most people think that this will be the match of the day and it is not hard to see why as they both evenly matched and have similar games. And with the match being played on a hard court then it will great for both players as they love this surface

Sam Querrey vs Kevin Anderson

Over 42.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Querrey to win 3-2 4/1 paddy power

This is probably going to be the longest match of the tournment so far as i cant see how one player will win in straight sets. So five sets is probably the best bet as they both playing so well and dont expect a lot of breaks in the match

Edited by owenclass

I realized that Kohli was going to mess it up after the sixth/seventh game, which is where his bad side showed up unfortunately. Got to 0-30 on Federer's serve, but Roger got some good serves in and held. Kolhi then went 40-0 up on his own serve, but that's where things clicked and he lost his serve without resistance. All straightforward from then on unfortunately.

Meanwhile, what a match Delpo-Thiem. That should haunt Thiem for some days to come.

I don't really see a pick for tomorrow, might come back later with one. Having some doubts about the PCB pick now, but yeah, I'm going to let it ride.

I suppose that Rublev could be good enough for a set with his big hitting, but he'll start missing eventually and he won't be able to stay with Nadal over five sets, that's a given really. Forehand is good and everything, but he's going to break down once Nadal starts finding his backhand side I'm afraid.

Federer is still getting gifts, as Del Potro didn't look healthy at all, he wouldn't win without all the crowd support. That's not going to happen with Federer on the other side, 3-0 or 3-1.

Pliskova crushed Brady, but Brady didn't really show up, Vandeweghe will be harder to deal with, as she can attack and stay on the front foot. Neither player defends well, so it should be all about who makes the more errors. Maybe slight value on Coco if the odds rise just a bit, especially with Pliskova also now under pressure with the no.1 ranking defense.

Keys-Kanepi should be all about Keys. If she fires on all cylinders, she'll win hands down. She's priced at 1.20 not to break down at any moment though and that's way too short for me, if it shortens Kanepi is to be considered. She's experienced and can deal with the pressure, Keys can just fall apart.

Updates on the outright betting to win this years final Grand slam

Sam Querrey to win the US Open 11/1 paddy power

Juan Del Potro to win the US Open 14/1 paddy power

Pablo Carreno Busta to win the US Open 14/1 paddy power

Madison Keys to win the US Open 7/2 paddy power

Petra Kvitova to win the US Open 7/2 paddy power

Venus Williams to win the US Open 14/1 paddy power

Name the finalists

Madison Keys vs Petra Kvitova 5/1 paddy power

Madison Keys vs Venus Williams 7/1 paddy power

Well if you want an outsider to win the mens title then these three could win in it as they are all playing well. The three players in the womens draw that have impressed me are at good odds and are more likely to win the title based on form

Edited by owenclass

My selection for the Quarter finals of the US Open

Venus Williams vs Petra Kvitova

Over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Kvitova to win 8/11 paddy power

This match is going to be a battle as they both are desperately want to win another Grand slam title and they know the winner of this match has a great chance of reaching the final. Venus is playing well and has already reached two Grand slam finals this year while her opponent has only just come back from her injury which could have ruined her career and slowly is getting back to her best. So this should a great match with her opponent edging it because of her head to head record against her

Edited by owenclass

On 06/09/2017 at 8:47 PM, CzechPunter said:

TennisThread.png

I like the look of that bet. And what do you think of this one

Venus Williams vs Sloane Stephens

Over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power

This a tough match to call as they are both playing well and Venus will have to play her best tennis to beat her. Her opponent will make it as tough as possible so expect a tough first set

Edited by owenclass

Not a Woman's semi final day to remember in my opinion. 6-1 0-6 7-5 is an odd scoreline, and 6-1 6-2 is a hiding.

Looking at the Anderson matchup, I can't see Anderson losing his serve more than once in this match. He is serving like a monster (in the 130's is huge), and can then be really aggressive on his return games. I see at least 1 set going to a breaker,   and say a break of serve in the other 3 sets  .

If Anderson wins in 4 you will prob see a scoreline something like 7-6 6-3 4-6 6-4

Looking at the over 38.5 games at odds around 1.72

25 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Not a Woman's semi final day to remember in my opinion. 6-1 0-6 7-5 is an odd scoreline, and 6-1 6-2 is a hiding.

Looking at the Anderson matchup, I can't see Anderson losing his serve more than once in this match. He is serving like a monster (in the 130's is huge), and can then be really aggressive on his return games. I see at least 1 set going to a breaker,   and say a break of serve in the other 3 sets  .

If Anderson wins in 4 you will prob see a scoreline something like 7-6 6-3 4-6 6-4

Not too many memorable matches in the women's draw this year, certainly. Williams-Kvitova was the most enjoyable one, Sevastova-Sharapova was good as well, but what then? Krunic-Konta from R1? Kvitova-Muguruza maybe?

9 hours ago, neilovan said:

I also think Anderson will go through

Mens Semi final matches

Kevin Anderson vs Pablo Carreno Busta

Over 40.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Anderson to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power

Anderson to win serve the mose aces and least double faults 5/1 paddy power

I like the look of Anderson in this match as he has the big serve which can get him the big points and is also more experienced in these big matches

Rafael Nadal vs Juan Martin Del Potro

Over 38.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Nadal to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power

This will a tough for Nadal but i think he is playing well enough to beat his opponent who has two tough matches himself

If Nadal does not go through then Del Potro to win outright at 7/2 looks a good bet

Edited by owenclass