** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

What am I doing wrong?

Serialkill37

If you're winning at 50p/£1 than well done, but you're going to need a big sample to be sure you can be sure you're not just hitting a rich seam of form. I would suggest that you need 100,000 hands minimum to get an idea of your hourly rate.

At £5/£10 you will be facing some very, very good players. Even some of the world's best will be happy to play these tables, so you will need to be confident of your game. Even then, I wouldn't suggest you play at this level unless your bankroll is £50K+ (That means you could lose £50K, shrug your shoulders, and go back to playing 50p/£1).

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess that your tight play is being heavily exploited at the higher stakes...these will be very good players that play various different styles and look to exploit soft spots.  You may be a very good tight player but you need to have a more varied style to win at this level...you will be basically playing too obvious with your tight ranges and this makes you highly exploitable.

Agreed, playing higher stakes will typically mean better quality of player. Not always, but it's often the case. If you wanted to play higher stakes, maybe try increasing gradually and learn how to adapt against those better, more experienced players.