** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A Predictions > Aug 19th & 20th

serieaodds.jpg

The 2017/18 Serie A season officially kicks off this coming weekend. It's a tougher league to call than usual. Juventus have had to be proactive in the transfer market after some departures, AC Milan are finally making positive moves with their financial backing, and then there's the likes of Roma, Lazio, and Napoli who cannot be ruled out. Fiorentina and Inter Milan also always in the thick of it. What do you guys think?

@TastesLikeTuna, @discipline@Icongene, @betcatalog, @Pipoca@sajtion, @Vcg2007, @chris666, @WinningAdvice, @yoju82, @DrBetter, @KingSoccertips, @CloughandTaylor, @Punki85, @DW_United, @KikoCy, @vasilli07. @Simeon Borisof, @Simeone, @fat, @HastGill1, @clubgowi, @MPLouis, @Kumanovac, @AF13, @Jase82, @azzurini1976, @Mindfulness, @amygdalate, and @TotoSchillaci.

Inter -0.75

Fiorentina had a fire sale, fans favs Gonzalo Rodriguez and Borja Valero are gone. Rising Italian star Federico Bernardeschi also sold to Juventus. Stefano Pioli may want to exact some revenge against Inter but it will not be in this game. Inter bought early and bought well this summer so I believe Spalletti should have a good start.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Serie A

Roma have won their last 7 away matches in Serie A.
Atalanta are undefeated in their last 11 home matches in Serie A.

You can find interesting 22 Football Betting Streaks for 20.08.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-20-08-2017

Edited by Magic0024

Lazio V SPAL

SPAL +2.0 AH @ 1.60 Bet365

SPAL were promoted as champions from Serie B last season, the club seems to be well co-ordinated at boardroom level while coach Leonardo Semplici has been instrumental in their rise through the divisions.

In terms of playing style, SPAL turn away from possession football in favour of quick transitions and this enables them to be dangerous on the counter-attack. This type of playing style can be problematic against teams that just sit back and defend but Lazio will surely push forward and try to make the game here.

SPAL have been strong in the summer window and bought in the likes of CM Viviano, CM Grassi and CF Paloschi to name but a few. Their squad already had some quality with players like CB Vicari, RWB Lazzari and FW Antenucci so I think SPAL have a fighting chance at retaining their Serie A status come May.  

Simone Inzaghi did a good job at Lazio last season and has put together a decent unit. The issue they face for this particular match is the dual absence of Felipe Anderson and Diao Keita Balde through injury and window saga respectively. Lazio are still a strong side without them and are rightly favourites here but I would speculate that SPAL are priced long in the given circumstances.

My biggest concern for this selection is that although SPAL have added defenders with decent Serie A experience in the window; it will mean their backline wont have played together for long and this can make it tricky to assess their AH goal line with confidence.

Despite this I am willing to get involved because I feel the market is slightly underestimating SPAL here. I’m gonna go with the +2 line for extra cover and it will be a half stake bet as it’s early doors and this is one of my more speculative plays.