** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Aug 14th - 16th

nationalleagueodds.jpg

nationalleaguenorthodds.jpg

nationalleaguesouthodds.jpg

nplodds.jpg

rpdodds.jpg

slpodds.jpg

The next round of non-league matches are fast upon us. The odds can't get updated quickly enough! What are your thoughts on these games guys? A quick turnaround so we'll need them in fast! :lol

ave got it all going on this weekend with a full complement of non-league fixtures coming up. Plenty for you all to digest and think about. Let's hear those tips then guys!

@GazBlades, @Gidds, @tictok, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @amtopm, @sammydubs@the bastardian@bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, @Kenton Schweppes, @TastesLikeTuna, @atish29, @MuineBheag, @Bronxie@misky, @Cheltenhamwhite, @canaries91, @HastGill1, @Foinavon, @Neubs, @Duty281, @Jack A, @sap, and @Marc Kearney.

Halifax v Dover

Halifax are yet to score this season, and are up against a Dover defence who have kept two clean sheets from their opening three games. Dover tend to do well when they travel to Northern grounds and I expect them to beat Halifax 1-0 or 2-0, given their proven ability to defend a lead this season, and Halifax’s inability to score. 11/5 for a Dover win looks very generous. 

Maidstone v Aldershot 

Aldershot travel to Maidstone on the back of a comfortable 6-0 victory over Guiseley on Saturday. Aldershot lead the pack at the top of the National League having won all of their games so far. Maidstone have only managed to pick up 1 point from their opening 3 matches, scoring just one goal. Aldershot have scored 11 goals in their opening 3 matches, and I expect this firepower to be more than enough to beat Maidstone. Evens looks a very generous price for an Aldershot win.

Edited by Jack A

Folkestone Invicta vs Merstham - MERSTHAM TO WIN 7/4 Sky Bet

First contribution of the season and it's a tip for a high on confidence Merstham to beat a very average Folkestone Invicta. 

Mersthsm are on a high following an excellent 4-1 win over Wingate at the weekend who were a play off team last season. Having completely rebuilt their squad Merstham seemed to have gelled very well following some early pre-season hiccups. Couple that with their new signing forward, Ryan Hall who is playing well beneath his standard and it shows! 

Folkestone had a solid yet unspectacular start to the season with a 1-1 away win at Enfield, from what I read it was very unspectacular and my belief is that Merstham on their high and confidence and with very solid away form last season can put them away, maybe with ease. 

Tranmere @ 8/13

Perfect for double ,not much to write here,Rovers need to start picking up points after slow start,there is no better place than Guisley,one of the two candidates to go down.

Aldershot put 5 against them over the weekend,guest should win today with the handicap too.

1 hour ago, sammydubs said:

Folkestone Invicta vs Merstham - MERSTHAM TO WIN 7/4 Sky Bet

First contribution of the season and it's a tip for a high on confidence Merstham to beat a very average Folkestone Invicta. 

Mersthsm are on a high following an excellent 4-1 win over Wingate at the weekend who were a play off team last season. Having completely rebuilt their squad Merstham seemed to have gelled very well following some early pre-season hiccups. Couple that with their new signing forward, Ryan Hall who is playing well beneath his standard and it shows! 

Folkestone had a solid yet unspectacular start to the season with a 1-1 away win at Enfield, from what I read it was very unspectacular and my belief is that Merstham on their high and confidence and with very solid away form last season can put them away, maybe with ease. 

Wasn't their away form crap last season?

Solihull v Barrow

Solihull have got off to a terrible start to the new season. They were well outclassed at Leyton Orient last Tuesday night when losing 3-1 and then it got even worse at Boreham Wood on Saturday as they lost 4-1. They have taken the gamble of mainly recruiting from lower down the pyramid and so far it isn't working as they are struggling to get up to speed. Now this is their first home game of the season so that might help matters, but I have to back Barrow here given Solihull's first two efforts of the season. I put up Barrow last Tuesday when they were held to a disappointing 0-0 draw with Halifax, but they followed that up with a good 3-0 win over Woking on Saturday. I think they should be odds on for this so am happy to take the 11/10 with Stan James. 

Sutton v Macclesfield

Sutton had a great result at the weekend when they won 1-0 at Tranmere. That could spell a change to their away form this season, but having said that they won at Lincoln last August and then it was months before they added to that away victory. Tranmere will obviously be hoping that is a good omen! Back to Sutton and they look set to be as strong at home as they were last season based on their dominant win at Leyton Orient on the first day of the season. Macclesfield are unbeaten having won once and drawn twice, but they have been pretty unconvincing so  far and I think Sutton will have too much for them on their 3G pitch. Skybet's 11/10 is too big for me.

Woking v Eastleigh

Woking did manage to win their first game of the season when impressing against Gateshead, but things have not gone so well in their two away games since conceding 3 at Tranmere and Barrow. The visit of Eastleigh will be another stiff test for them and my concerns that I had pre-season about Woking remain, that is that they look possible relegation candidates this season. Eastleigh on the other-hand will be hoping to be in the play-of picture and after playing out a dull 0-0 with Bromley first up they beat Sutton last Tuesday and then got a good point against Dagenham on Saturday. I'm surprised Eastleigh are as big as 11/8 (various) and that is well worth taking. 

Tamworth v Boston

Down into the National League North now and Tamworth have had a very mixed start to the season. They beat Leamington 1-0 last Tuesday, but either side of that they lost to Bradford and Blyth, who put 4 past them on Saturday. Whilst Tamworth were conceding 4, Boston weren't doing an awful lot as their game against Spennymoor got called off as Spennymoor weren't able to reach the ground in time. At this stage of the season when the games are coming thick and fast I do think that could be an advantage for Boston. They had a nightmare start to the season as Southport beat them 4-0, but they bounced back beating Alfreton 3-1 last Tuesday. If they can take that performance into this then they will have a much better chance than the odds of 23/10 (Bet 365) suggest.

Truro City v Bath City

Truro have made a cracking start to the season having won twice and then being involved in a 2-2 draw at Concord on Saturday. That doesn't tell the whole story though as Truro scored twice in the last 6 minutes before Concord equalised in the last minute. They are certainly looking a lot stronger than last season and they host a Bath side who have lost all 3 matches so far. They did take the lead against Chelmsford on Saturday, but they conceded twice in the 2nd half to make it 3 defeats on the bounce. I just can't understand how Bath are favourites for this given both teams respective results so far this term and the fact a trip to Truro on a Tuesday night is hardly the easiest one of the season. The home side should be favourites so the 15/8 with Marathona and Bet365 makes a lot of appeal.

Whitby Town v Stalybridge Celtic

Celtic were one of my ante-post picks for the Evo-Stik Northern Premier title this season and they got off to a great start when beating Nantwich 1-0 on Saturday. The match report suggests it should have been more than the 1 as well which bodes well. Their hosts tonight started their season with a 1-0 defeat to Barwell. I thought the bookies underrated Celtic before the season started and I think that is also borne out in the prices for this game and BetVictor's 19/10 is too big.

Lowestoft v Billericay

Despite my thoughts on what is going on at Billericay I have to bet with my head and although Tamplin is no manager they clearly should be winning this game. I thought that an odds against price about them would be hardly seen all season, so it was with great surprise to see that they are odds against for this game tonight. At the end of the day that price makes no sense given the respective sides and as much as it would be funny if they failed to win again, I can't let them go unbacked at odds against. They are 6/5 with Marathon to beat the home side who lost at Leatherhead on Saturday.

2 hours ago, addpea said:

Wasn't their away form crap last season?

Apologies I had missed as season in my mind!! The season before Merstham were right up there with best in league on away wins. Granted this is a new squad but it's the same manager. 

Last season was a weird one because they were in so many cup competitions including FA Cup 1st round and Surrey Senior Final, their final league position and both home and away form should be taken with a pinch of salt. 

Quick, young squad, hungry too. I'm backing the away win here. 

Eastbourne Borough - Welling   ----->   over 3,5 goals  @2,30 bet 365

Eastbourne Borough did scored 5 goals in 3 games this season but they only managed to collect just one point so far in this start of the season .

Welling saved themselves from relegation last season but when it came to them playing games away from home they only managed to collect just 14 points in 21 games, they did score however a decent 28 goals, but their defense conceded 43 goals, this while in this start of the season just like Eastbourne they collected just one point, it happened last round as they drew at home 3-3 against newly promoted Bognor, they lost another game at home in this opening of the season 1-0 to Chelmsford, this while in their only away game so far they have been defeated with 3-2 away at Truro.

Last season both games between these two sides had at least 4 goals scored in them, actually the game played here at the stadium of Eastbourne last term was one of the best games in the league last season as it had 10 goals scored total in it with Eastbourne winning the game with 7-3 in the end, but also the game played at Welling had 4 goals scored in it with Welling that time winning the game with 3-1 in the end.

Both teams played in this start of the season two out of 3 games with over 4.5 goals scored, last season this fixture produced 10 goals so I believe there are good reasons we can expect here in this game once again a couple of goals scored and my bet is on over 3.5 goals at decent odds.

Edited by buga00

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, Jack A said:

Halifax v Dover

Halifax are yet to score this season, and are up against a Dover defence who have kept two clean sheets from their opening three games. Dover tend to do well when they travel to Northern grounds and I expect them to beat Halifax 1-0 or 2-0, given their proven ability to defend a lead this season, and Halifax’s inability to score. 11/5 for a Dover win looks very generous. 

Maidstone v Aldershot 

Aldershot travel to Maidstone on the back of a comfortable 6-0 victory over Guiseley on Saturday. Aldershot lead the pack at the top of the National League having won all of their games so far. Maidstone have only managed to pick up 1 point from their opening 3 matches, scoring just one goal. Aldershot have scored 11 goals in their opening 3 matches, and I expect this firepower to be more than enough to beat Maidstone. Evens looks a very generous price for an Aldershot win.

Last minute goal to put Dover 2-1 up, then a last minute goal to draw Maidstone level with Aldershot. Funny old game.

7 hours ago, Jack A said:

Last minute goal to put Dover 2-1 up, then a last minute goal to draw Maidstone level with Aldershot. Funny old game.

Yes it was a Day of the Late Goals. Bristol against Brentford with Draw in Extra Time, Maidstone with a late Goal, Sutton with 2 late Goals - the Hull-Wolves Game also.... Funny and Crazy :lol