** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Aug 19th - 21st

eplodds.jpg

Well, what an opening weekend of action that was just gone! The first game was a goal fest. We saw champions humbled. Underdogs thrive. Tottenham and Manchester United both keep standard clean sheets! What will this next weekend bring? Hell of a game between Tottenham and Chelsea to look forward to!

What are the tips for these games looking like then guys? No ELO ratings quite yet due to just one set of games gone so let's see what your background research and gut instinct has got for us! :drums

@sajtion, @discipline, @Pipoca, @the bastardian, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @allyhibs, @Judeksi, @Tiffy, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch, @betcatalog, @vasilli07, @omch@, @Pep004, @Torque, @AK1979, @Charon84, @dylanphan, @Kenton Schweppes, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @KingSoccertips, @seifer365, and @WinningAdvice, 

23 hours ago, mrclubbie said:

Hmm...If I am not mistaken, Arsenal only won at Stoke twice since the return of the latter to English top flight, while registering 3 draws and 5 losses

Somebody said they were a big fan of backing bogey teams... well, Stoke against Arsenal is one of those prime examples!

On 8/14/2017 at 5:16 PM, seifer365 said:

benteke and zaha at liverpool, hmmm 1.36 does not look so good

Zaha is injured and will not play. In my opinion you really have to question a guy like de Boer. How can he walk into the multi million Palace job after such shambles at Inter ?  He won the Dutch league, but it's a bit like Brendan Rogers winning the Scottish Premier with Celtic and then getting pounded 7-0 by Barcelona.

What is he doing wrong ?

Changing too much too quickly ?
Big name players who are overrated as managers.
Playing a system the players don't understand ?
My WAY or the HighWAY arrogance !
Maybe it is a lot easier to win in the Eredivisie (Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord and who else) ? 

The Coutinho issue is really vital to Liverpool's season. Sell him to Barcelona and Liverpool look like a feeder club, a stepping stone. Selling your best players also has a demotivating effect on the squad. His teammates don't want him to go.   

Liverpool should play hardball, and make ridiculous demands of cash plus player/s for the move ! Look at Real Madrid's BS with Morata and Man United (changing the price at every stage). Time to give them some of their own medicine :moon. I am sick of this player/agent power ! No player is bigger than the club. I have to admire Wenger for standing up to Sanchez and calling his bluff.  

Liverpool are really lacking that central defender. Virgil van Dijk is their answer, but until they get him, they will concede goals. Scoring them will be no problem here ! 

Home Win & Over 2.5 goals - Odds 1.85 (1 Unit)

On a side note:  Off to a flyer this season. Looking for 7 out of 7  for the week (will be a record) but started week well with Reading beating Villa (odds of 2 to 1) and big win on Middlesbrough beating Burton to Nil (slighty better than even money).

Good luck everyone :drums

Edited by neilovan

i think west brom will beat burnley despite their so called good home form. they won last week against chelsea but they conceded twice when chelsea were down two men. they will probably fancy taking game to visitors but everyone knows west brom defense is very tight and i see them as winners in this match 

Edited by sajtion

On 15/08/2017 at 10:26 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Somebody said they were a big fan of backing bogey teams... well, Stoke against Arsenal is one of those prime examples!

May be a potential banana skin. I will probably skip this one and look at other matches instead.

Burnley vs West Brom

Perhaps I am overlooking something here. Both sides have seen plenty of goals in recent years when they meet: In the last 2 seasons, their 4 encounters produced 16 goals in total. And if we look further back, the 2 FA Cup matches back in 2009 produced 8 goals in total.

I believe the market now is over/under 2...Surprising given their records, so I must have been overlooking something here ?

Edited by mrclubbie

1 hour ago, mrclubbie said:

May be a potential banana skin. I will probably skip this one and look at other matches instead.

I am not sure what Hughes is trying to do at Stoke (maybe get himself fired), but their squad looks weak. They have had quite a clear out, and he is reasonably priced to be first Premier League manager fired this season (got some competition though). What turns me off here, is just how bad Stoke play at the beginning of a season. It seems to take them 3 home games to wake up.

2014 lost first two to Villa and Leicester   

2015  lost first two to Liverpool and WBA   | 2 points from their first 3 away games

2016  lost first two to Man City (1-4) and Tottenham (0-4)  | 2 points from their first 4 away games

Would'nt touch Stoke with a barge pole here. These guys are still on holiday !

Southampton V West Ham Utd

West Ham Utd +1.0 AH @ 1.72 Betvictor

West Ham may have got a clanking against a very good Man U side last week but I do not see why the Hammers are priced so big in this instance.

Southampton were poor at home last season - 17th in the EPL home league with only 17 goals scored from 19 games played. Overall they are a good side and should finish in the top half this season but I do not really see how they've addressed their lack of goals in the summer window. Mauricio Pellegrino's side may have dominated the game last week V Swansea but they still seemed to lack that killer edge infront of goal.

For me West Ham have made some good signings in the summer window and you would feel it's only a matter of time before the teams fortunes start to improve. The game at Old Trafford was not so good but they came up against one of the best sides in the league which was firing on all cylinders. I do not expect to see such a disparity between Southampton and West Ham, infact they are two teams on a very similar level imo and I do not see much daylight between them.

West Ham seem to be a team that's capable of getting results on the road with the players they have, they won this fixture 1-3 back in February so hopefully that will stand them in good stead for Saturdays game. Kouyate and Lanzini are still out for the Hammers but I still don't think their absence justifies such a big asian line for the away side here. They still have a lot of players that can hurt Southampton and Michail Antonio returning will give them a further boost.

Manager Slaven Bilic says his team has trained well this week, let's see if this will translate into a positive result for the Hammers here.

Burnley was a very strong home team last season, especially in the beginning of the season. I'm expecting the same trend to continue today. I'm still not convinced about WBA's goalscoring abilities, so Burnley's home win looks good to me today. Best odds are around 2.60 at the moment.

Also, Man. United with the -1,5 handicap looks tempting. Swansea has lost Sigurdsson and I think it's a huge blow for them. ManU on the other hand looked very dangerous against Hammers last weekend. Best odds are around 2.30 (dropping at the moment).

Leicester to win Brighton looks promising to me. Brighton's ball possession percentage was only 22 against Man City last weekend, not a very great sign for them. On the other hand Leicester attacked all guns blazing against Arsenal and they nearly won the match. Especially Jamie Vardy looks like he could be able to score over 15 goals this season, and that's a brilliant sign for the home team. Best odds are around 1.85 atm.

Edited by Judeksi

marco silva has impressed me as a coach even when he was managing hull last year. he is making a name for himself just like mauricio pochettino did in premiership. watford scored three against liverpool and i can see them again scoring against bournemouth and i think they won't lose it's a draw in my opinion

3 hours ago, allyhibs said:

There must be some money to be made from the Swansea v Man Utd game....

The bet I keep coming up with is Man Utd win and Lukaku anytime at 2.05. Straightforward surely?

Yeah. I'm also tempted to go with Liverpool to win and Firmino anytime at 6.00. I reckon Liverpool could stick a few on Palace.

15 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah. I'm also tempted to go with Liverpool to win and Firmino anytime at 6.00. I reckon Liverpool could stick a few on Palace.

That's a good shout. Liverpool are my bogey team though, they always seem to let me down when I back them

Sunday 20th August

Tottenham v Chelsea

Now were to begin with these two....

First up is Tottenham, tremendous team with plenty of energy and surly to good not to be challenging for the title??

Well I don't think any will argue with the tremendous comment but I think the title unfortunately won't be going back to the lane this year, sorry Tottenham fans.

Why not? 

Well we have all seen the massive improvement Manchester United have made, Liverpool look stronger this year again and Manchester City will be much more solid this year, and those 3 reasons are why I believe they won't be bring the title back...there is also one more Wembley!!

Wembley is not White Hart Lane and that's were the problem lies. Teams will go there and there performance will show a massive increase, and why wouldn't it when your playing at the national stadium.

Then we have Chelsea....

Defending champions, one of the best players in the world in Hazard within the team and a top class manager in Conte, everything should be nice and rosey, shouldn't it....

It certainly doesn't seem that way from the outside though does it, opening day defeat, players want out and not all seems happy from the gaffer.

Were does that leave us for tomorrow's match up, I see two very good teams who just don't seem to be were they need to be, or want to be.

However I can't ignore the fact that Chelsea would not have wanted to be going to the Lane tomorrow after that defeat versus Burnley but going to Wembley is a total different ball game, look at West Ham last year going to the Olympic stadium.

Tottenham always look dangers whoever they are playing and they will want to get a win under there belts asap at there new home ground, but they could be suspect at the back in these new surroundings, and open to plenty of attacks down the flanks which Chelsea love to use in there play.

This should leave us with a very open and entertaining Sunday match up.....

Summary

1pt BTTS Tottenham v Chelsea 3/4 Betfair   

59 minutes ago, KingSoccertips said:

Tottenham were expected to beat Newcastle but this will be their biggest test. Not only are they facing London rivals Chelsea, but Spurs are starting life in their new temporary home, Wembley. Mauricio Pochettino's side have a dreadful recent record at the home of football and it could really undo their title challenge if they fail to adapt.

Chelsea, meanwhile, have started the season dreadfully, but have beaten Tottenham at Wembley as early as April. Antonio Conte's side are in disarray at the moment and it's incredibly difficult to predict how this match will play out considering all the factors at hand.

Top prediction for this match: Draw or Chelsea to WIN (1,73 in bet365)

More information: http://kingsoccertips.com/preview-of...sea-20-082017/

Stop copying the preview from whoscored.com . Write your own please !!! https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190209/Preview/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Tottenham-Chelsea

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Tottenham have won their last 14 home matches in Premier League.
Tottenham are undefeated in their last 19 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 22 Football Betting Streaks for 20.08.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-20-08-2017

19 hours ago, David S said:

Sunday 20th August

Tottenham v Chelsea

Now were to begin with these two....

First up is Tottenham, tremendous team with plenty of energy and surly to good not to be challenging for the title??

Well I don't think any will argue with the tremendous comment but I think the title unfortunately won't be going back to the lane this year, sorry Tottenham fans.

Why not? 

Well we have all seen the massive improvement Manchester United have made, Liverpool look stronger this year again and Manchester City will be much more solid this year, and those 3 reasons are why I believe they won't be bring the title back...there is also one more Wembley!!

Wembley is not White Hart Lane and that's were the problem lies. Teams will go there and there performance will show a massive increase, and why wouldn't it when your playing at the national stadium.

Then we have Chelsea....

Defending champions, one of the best players in the world in Hazard within the team and a top class manager in Conte, everything should be nice and rosey, shouldn't it....

It certainly doesn't seem that way from the outside though does it, opening day defeat, players want out and not all seems happy from the gaffer.

Were does that leave us for tomorrow's match up, I see two very good teams who just don't seem to be were they need to be, or want to be.

However I can't ignore the fact that Chelsea would not have wanted to be going to the Lane tomorrow after that defeat versus Burnley but going to Wembley is a total different ball game, look at West Ham last year going to the Olympic stadium.

Tottenham always look dangers whoever they are playing and they will want to get a win under there belts asap at there new home ground, but they could be suspect at the back in these new surroundings, and open to plenty of attacks down the flanks which Chelsea love to use in there play.

This should leave us with a very open and entertaining Sunday match up.....

Summary

1pt BTTS Tottenham v Chelsea 3/4 Betfair   

They left it late but a winner is a winner....