** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Punters Lounge Tips

Is the profit of £15,000 to £20 stakes from backing every tip in every race? If so far too much risk has any body found and does it include the nap and daily treble? da way of narrowing things down? 

Also why do the tips on the home page differ to the tip on the actual race cards? 

I'm guessing the profit is from the home page selections? 

@Dannyboy236

The profit is indeed for backing every horse, that is the only way of proving the merit of the selections, we don't pick and choose the 'best bits' like some may do.

£20 singles and £10 EW on anything 8/1 or over.

The profit figure is for the top rated selections and does not include the Daily Treble.

The Nap is the best bet of the top rated selections so is included.

A few threads on the PL have discussed ways of narrowing down the selections, have a look around but we do not claim they will make a profit, the only way we have made such profits is by following each tip.

We make the spreadsheets available for 'systemites' to dissect the figures in any way they choose.

The Tip on the racecards are industry wide and have nothing to do with the tips from the PL page.

:ok

To BH,

If the long term profitability of the Nap of the Day (other than the monthly round up) and the Daily Treble presented anywhere? Also the daily treble often appeal to me as singles.

Keep up the good work. We have a similar selection style, so on those days when time is limited, I take a look at yours.

Why do you provide a tip for every race when surely you must often conclude: this race is too difficult ?

The main newspaper tipsters put one up for every race, and I think have an end of year award (the National Press Challenge). From an old newspaper cutting (maybe 3 yrs old). Return on outlay (1 pt per race) is shown.

1. Daily Mail (Robin Goodfellow) 91.62%

2. Guardian 90.84%

3. Express 90.04%

Note the "winner" still loses 8.38% overall! You could have a luctrative new job awaiting!

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Dannyboy236 said:

Is the profit of £15,000 to £20 stakes from backing every tip in every race? If so far too much risk has any body found and does it include the nap and daily treble? da way of narrowing things down? 

Also why do the tips on the home page differ to the tip on the actual race cards? 

I'm guessing the profit is from the home page selections? 

I guess it's how you look at it. You can only truly know how good a tipster is, over a big sample of tips and there are thousands on our record, so that really puts a lot of other tipsters out there in the shade, because you'll find they include accumulators they've hit, which aren't really a true test of whether you can do it long term, only singles are.

I'd also suggest this - if someone said that if you followed these tips for life at £100 per tip and an average of £80k profit per year, would you just say "It's too many tips?" - I'd be finding the way that I could back them all, and to be honest, there's a ton of software out there these days that can do it quickly. Also, how long does it honestly take to put on 20-30 bets a day? We've become a lazy nation in my opinion, always looking for easy cash, but it doesn't exist. You have to put in the time to earn good money. ;) 

2 hours ago, Snoopdog said:

To BH,

If the long term profitability of the Nap of the Day (other than the monthly round up) and the Daily Treble presented anywhere? Also the daily treble often appeal to me as singles.

Keep up the good work. We have a similar selection style, so on those days when time is limited, I take a look at yours.

Why do you provide a tip for every race when surely you must often conclude: this race is too difficult ?

The main newspaper tipsters put one up for every race, and I think have an end of year award (the National Press Challenge). From an old newspaper cutting (maybe 3 yrs old). Return on outlay (1 pt per race) is shown.

1. Daily Mail (Robin Goodfellow) 91.62%

2. Guardian 90.84%

3. Express 90.04%

Note the "winner" still loses 8.38% overall! You could have a luctrative new job awaiting!

Thanks.

I'll leave this to BH regarding the NAPS. 

The reason for a tip for every race was me. ;)  Myself and @BillyHills discussed how was best to move forward with PL's new structure, design and tipping, especially for horse racing. I had plenty of people giving me feedback that they'd like to see tips for every single race, as not many sites do it. To do that, we needed a ratings system and that was devised by @BillyHills to be the future of Punters Lounge horse racing tips.

Neither of us believed it would be as successful as it has been, but when you keep things simple in your selection methods and introduce logic with it, you can't go far wrong as long as your knowledge is good. :ok 

My ELO football ratings are of a similar kind of logic BH has applied, knowledge, logic and simplicity.

3 hours ago, Snoopdog said:

To BH,

Thanks.

As far as the Naps go, our figures read a 6.67% yield from stakes of over £17,000 (12 months)

I am recording them in a sheet but only from March when our Expert tips went from 3 per day to 1 per day.

I have a thread but it needs updating, will do it soon.

The treble has been less successful I have to say, we have had two winning trebles this month only. Many many times we have had 2/3 winners but I suppose thats how it goes with picking multiple selections.

I agree some races are too tricky, personally I wouldn't back in any 2yo races but as Paul says we like to provide tips for all races and some of the biggest priced winners have come from races I wouldn't normally do so it just goes to show.
The AW has been a success and anyone who knows me will tell you I don't like the AW at all.

Thanks for the support:ok

I'd just like to add my two pence worth (though the tips have certainly made me more than 2p profit!) and say a massive thank you for putting these tips up on a daily basis. I've been following all singles tips since January and I'm VERY happy with how my bank has grown - I bet 0.25% of my bank as a stake so small stakes to begin with but as the compounding develops the stakes (and profit) have increased very nicely.

A huge amount of effort must go into this and it is massively appreciated - thank you to everyone who's involved and long may the tips continue!

17 hours ago, foxinexile said:

I'd just like to add my two pence worth (though the tips have certainly made me more than 2p profit!) and say a massive thank you for putting these tips up on a daily basis. I've been following all singles tips since January and I'm VERY happy with how my bank has grown - I bet 0.25% of my bank as a stake so small stakes to begin with but as the compounding develops the stakes (and profit) have increased very nicely.

A huge amount of effort must go into this and it is massively appreciated - thank you to everyone who's involved and long may the tips continue!

So the :beer:beer is on you then? ;) 

3 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

So the :beer:beer is on you then? ;) 

Well I did say they were only small stakes! :lol Although the figures don't lie and they are a little bigger now, so I'm pretty sure I've made enough to at least buy a round! So if you, or any of the team are ever passing through Leicester ... :cheers But in all seriousness, I think this is a fantastic resource anyone can add to their betting portfolio. It takes me about 20 mins per evening to place the bets which, considering you provide them to us for free, is a brilliant return on investment in itself. I'm sure I speak for many when I say your efforts really are appreciated so much ... thank you!

So do you back all the bets or are you a bit more selective

24 minutes ago, foxinexile said:

Well I did say they were only small stakes! :lol Although the figures don't lie and they are a little bigger now, so I'm pretty sure I've made enough to at least buy a round! So if you, or any of the team are ever passing through Leicester ... :cheers But in all seriousness, I think this is a fantastic resource anyone can add to their betting portfolio. It takes me about 20 mins per evening to place the bets which, considering you provide them to us for free, is a brilliant return on investment in itself. I'm sure I speak for many when I say your efforts really are appreciated so much ... thank you!

1 hour ago, Dannyboy236 said:

So do you back all the bets or are you a bit more selective

Hi Danny, I bet all Singles tips that are given. I don't bet the Each Ways but that's just personal preference. And that's as selective as I get, but there are many angles you could approach I imagine - excluding Maidens, not betting Class 5 and 6, horses up/down in class etc. There might be more profitable edges but it isn't something I've explored.

For me, the important aspect has been my betting bank and the stakes I use. I bet 0.25% of my bank on each selection and recalculate my stakes each day. I never decrease my stakes, but as my bank grows, so do my stakes. At 0.25% this is a small but steady growth, however it also protects me up to a losing run of 400 bets. That might seem on the cautious side (and I think it's important for a person to find the right level of stake for them, so my %age isn't necessarily my recommendation) but the volume of bets means there will be losing runs - as there always is for any betting system.

I would say it's important not to expect to make a profit every day, and again this is reflective of all systems. I think it's also important to consider this as a long-term investment. You may have a week where you're running a loss ... but the next two weeks run a profit, showing it's important to give it time. I hate this saying, but it really is about the "bigger picture" and after six months my bank is bigger than it was when I started, which is more than I can say for many systems I've tried in the past!

All the best to you however you decide to use them. I'd be really interested to hear if you're considering using them with a bit more of a selective process than myself. :ok 

• 3 weeks later...

PL tips have been on fire today, I only came across them 2 weeks ago and having looked at the P/L spreadsheet the results clearly show an incredible amount of profit over the past year. So I started following on bank holiday Monday with a £1000 bank with a staking plan of £10 singles per selection. The bank is currently on £1080, which is impressive considering it was a poor start to the week with a loss of around £250. There has been plenty of near misses as well, with a lot of 2nds this week. 

I am definitely going to persist with backing each and every selection because as I said previously, the profit does not lie. I am interested to know if any other members back the tips regularly and how much success they have had?

I would also be interested to hear how the selections are picked, presumably it is a small team of you who focus on a couple of meetings each per day? I imagine an awful lot of time is spent putting these tips together especially on days like yesterday when there was 8 meetings and not to mention running the tipping competitions as well. 

I've only been a member here for a month and I have to say I am mightily impressed. Keep up the good work chaps. 

@WiggoBets

Hi mate, thanks for the comments.

There has been one or two threads with members trying various ways of backing the selections, have a search through them when you have time. Try putting PL Tips in the search space at the top of the page.

The selections are made from a Ratings method I have devised and your right on busy days they do take a lot of sorting out. That should decrease now the night meetings have come to an end (except AW floodlights of course!).

Of course we have poor days but hopefully you are on when the good days occur!

*Nice drifter from 6/1 to 12/1 paid for the day today:ok

1 hour ago, WiggoBets said:

PL tips have been on fire today, I only came across them 2 weeks ago and having looked at the P/L spreadsheet the results clearly show an incredible amount of profit over the past year. So I started following on bank holiday Monday with a £1000 bank with a staking plan of £10 singles per selection. The bank is currently on £1080, which is impressive considering it was a poor start to the week with a loss of around £250. There has been plenty of near misses as well, with a lot of 2nds this week. 

I am definitely going to persist with backing each and every selection because as I said previously, the profit does not lie. I am interested to know if any other members back the tips regularly and how much success they have had?

I would also be interested to hear how the selections are picked, presumably it is a small team of you who focus on a couple of meetings each per day? I imagine an awful lot of time is spent putting these tips together especially on days like yesterday when there was 8 meetings and not to mention running the tipping competitions as well. 

I've only been a member here for a month and I have to say I am mightily impressed. Keep up the good work chaps. 

I have been following the past few weeks. There are always ups and downs following any bets but it has mainly been profiting. I only bet for fun and bet 30-50p each way (60-1pound in total for each bet.) I realize that Saturday are usually the down days maybe because there are too many matches. (One exception was last Saturday went quite well from what I remember.) 

Special thanks again to @BillyHills for his endless hard work, effort and predictions. As I always say, much appreciated whether the bets win or lose. 

Good luck, @WiggoBets! Your naps were good too! I followed them most of the time. Thank you too! 

21 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

@vikki37

Actually we did some research on the ratings and Saturdays are showing a good profit overall.

I didn't think they would but there you go, it seems the more races the better chance of profit!

Many thanks:ok

I've been following it for only around four weeks, hence I don't know about the Saturday profit long-term. It's just my experience with this site and another program that it seems to profit less on days with many races. (Only experienced for a month though heehee).. I will keep on following. 

Thanks again and for holding all the competitions. Thank you for letting me join in too :)

• 4 weeks later...

Not the best of months in the end although at one stage it was looking very rosy, anyway just scraped a profit which is what counts.

I always think the end of the flat and the start of the jumps is a tricky period, the ground is very poor everywhere too.

I would stick to the AW!!

September figures

Top Rated +358
Naps +178
Trebles +479

All to £20 stakes at prices advised which are taken at around 5pm.

I have some stats on all the courses for a full year, Aug 2016 - Aug 2017

Interesting reading:

All of the AW tracks are showing a decent profit, the out and out AW courses that include, Dundalk, Chelmsford and Wolverhampton are doing well>

Kempton, Southwell, Lingfield and Newcastle obviously include NH races as well as the AW.

I have absolutely no idea why some tracks should be better than others, why Redcar is +1,300 and Notts is -700 is a mystery to me.

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 12.35.10.png

• BillyHills changed the title to Punters Lounge Tips
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Only started following the PL tips in the last week with £7 stakes but already my bank balance is showing a very healthy profit. There has just been one losing day, which as luck had it was on the first day ! The second day with First Nation winning at 12/1, East Street Revue at 12/1, Alterno at 14/1, Kentford Heiress @ 13/2 and a few others at decent prices certainly turned things around !

I'd just like to echo what foxinexile said, actually, I'll use their exact words: a huge amount of effort must go into this and it is massively appreciated - thank you to everyone who's involved and long may the tips continue!

There have been a few forum members asking about how best to filter the data contained in the spreadsheet provided on the PL Tips page regarding the top rated selections, while SirPuntalot and BH have already answered these questions, I'd just like to add my two cents :)

As BH and Sir Puntalot have already said, you are missing out on a decent portion of the profits if you ignore E/W bets or only bet on them as singles, even over the week/ten days I've been following them I can confirm that this holds true !

The optimum ROI seems to be obtained by only betting on longer priced selections, according to the latest spreadsheet a £10 E/W bet on all selections with advised odds of between 14/1 and 16/1 returns a profit of £4365.40 or 218.27 pts over 741 bets - a not too shabby ROI of 29.46%. Similarly, for a greater profit and a slightly lower ROI, £6686.8 and 26.41% over 1,266 bets, odds of 12/1 and 16/1 should be considered. Below that the ROI starts dipping noticeably (while profit continues increasing of course !) Maybe this might be particularly useful for those starting off who don't feel comfortable risking a bigger bankroll ?

The easiest way to significantly maximise profit and ROI and to minimise losing runs is to use the table that BillyHills kindly posted with the P/L figures for each UK and Ireland course and filter out all the 'dead wood' courses (loss making ones) which have so far drained profit to the tune of around £4,000 - sadly my home racecourse, Listowel, is up there with the worst offenders ! There are also about 10 courses with quite low ROIs which maybe could be removed/filtered to give a small improvement in ROI for a smaller sacrifice of profit although I have left them all in so far. This is what I feel is the best mix between extracting maximum profit and reducing losses/losing runs for me.

SIr Puntalot/BillyHills/anyone who knows the stats, feel free to correct any incorrect figures or any flaws in my analysis here ! :)