** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

August 14 - August 20

14 hours ago, WinningTipster said:

1 PICK FOR ATP CHALLENGER SANTO-DOMINGO:

LONDERO-OLIVARES 2-0 SETS @ 1.5 ladbrokes
I watched the match between them last week 6-3,6-2 Londero win.
Olivares had no chance in that match, a gap in class between them.

I really do not agree with you especially on the basis that you have reached your conclusion. Firstly how a player performs against a particular player on a given day can not be used as a yardstick to try and figure out how he will perform in his next match. I will state my strong opposition to a Londero win alone. I will not be commenting on Londero winning 2-0 because I can safely see that as very unlikely. Here are my points.

Firstly, it is almost an impossible task and especially rare for a player to beat the same player twice in back to back weeks when they are pretty much on the same level. Hard!!!! Their first meeting on a hard court was a tight three-setter indicating that Olivares is not as easy as you make him out to be. Secondly, Olivares has some average form to be competitive here especially as he plays here at home. He is a 1997 kid and could be anything. Olivares to win a set 7/4 has to be a good bet in a match that he has a reasonable chance of winning!

Edited by liquidglass

Tennis and Bball plays posted in the glory Hunters section dudes and dudettes in my thread. Good start to my punters lounge career. Overall record 26-25 for close to +11U $$$$. On a massive run with the asian Cup bball Follow me on twitter @ sportnut also. Cheers. Happy punting

4 minutes ago, Simeon Borisof said:

Anyone watching Doumbia?The guy has initial signs of mental illness.He is bombing double faults like Ivo Karlovic aces.Dumb as a rock...

Yes, was just about to post this actually. He was 4-2 up in the first set and then decided it's just not worth the effort. Thing is, Kuhn isn't even playing that well. Now Doumbia broke for 2-2. Hard to hate Challengers :\.

Speaking of ridiculous players-Ferrer should lose tonight.I suspect Johnson will be very up for this tournament which is on his home soil and with the crowd behind him i really expect him to crush toothless Ferrer who really might be struggling after his spectacular loss against Federer.Evs looks big to me as i would say that the odds should be 50\50 if not the other way.GL!Johnson @ 2.00 with bet365

For today, I see a real value on Dimitrov vs. Lopez.

Dimitrov is struggling a little bit in the US so far but let's remember that but lost to Medvedev and Haase who are both much better player than Lopez and both in pretty good form.
Last year, Dimitrov went to Semi final here in Cincinnati so has a lot of points to defend.Then went to Round 16 at US open losing to Murray..
Lopez, on the other hand is not a hard court player. So far, he lost to Chung in 3 sets at Rogers and won his first round here in 2 sets against... Chung. 
So far 2017 is only two good performances during the grass season.

Last year, he lost to Dimitrov in 3 sets on the second round. I think that it should be the same result.

I will take Dimitrov -2,5 @1.96 at pinnacle.

Edited by radicaly

1 hour ago, radicaly said:

For today, I see a real value on Dimitrov vs. Lopez.

Dimitrov is struggling a little bit in the US so far but let's remember that but lost to Medvedev and Haase who are both much better player than Lopez and both in pretty good form.
Last year, Dimitrov went to Semi final here in Cincinnati so has a lot of points to defend.Then went to Round 16 at US open losing to Murray..
Lopez, on the other hand is not a hard court player. So far, he lost to Chung in 3 sets at Rogers and won his first round here in 2 sets against... Chung. 
So far 2017 is only two good performances during the grass season.

Last year, he lost to Dimitrov in 3 sets on the second round. I think that it should be the same result.

I will take Dimitrov -2,5 @1.96 at pinnacle.

couldn't agree more.Dimitrov is the real deal,while Lopez is mediocre at best.These courts are Grigor's favourite and he will play his heart out to win.Dimitrov every day for me here.GL

• With odds going north from evens i must say that Grigor screams value to me.He wasn't as confident as i expected to be but got the job done eventually and never looked in real trouble.He ahs 600 points to defend here and as it was pointed out that is his favourite surface.As i see it,Del Potro is lucky to be here.Berdych completey threw the match away.He was leading 5:4 in the 2nd set and had a BP but somehow missed it which really frustrated him and he couldnt get up after which was humiliated in the decider.Saying all that,i really think Del Potro showed some winning metality but Berdych was the one who suicide not that Del Potro ''kiled'' him.I thin with odds of 2.20 with bet365,Dimitrov is the value play.GL!
Edited by Simeon Borisof

I fully expect Sugita to give it a go today against Dimitrov.He is far mroe complex player than Del Potro with better returningso i can see this game going all the way to 3 sets-something like an year ago in Toronto.Grigor showed some fighting spirit yesterday to come back from 4:1 in the 2nd set to win it eventually but Sugita is ready for this,already winning some good matches so Grigor won't be such a step up for him.I think the Bulgarian will get the job done eventually but not without giving his best efforts.over 21.5 games @ 1.70 with sportingbet and Sugita to win a set @ 1.92 with sportingbet

Beatriz Haddad Maia to beat Christina McHale at 1.79 with Pinnacle

McHale seems to be having some serious mental issues at the moment, always good for one set, but never more. She's even able to win the first set 6-0 and then fall apart completely, which isn't good obviously. Haddad Maia, on the other hand, is a rising star that's doing well against everyone except the big names, so I fancy her to win this much more often than not.

18 minutes ago, MABS said:

Hello all,

Love this forum and reading up on your opinions - great stuff, real sport fans!

I like Estrella today, he is playing versus Ruud, think the odds should be even...

Also, I hope that Kovinic continues her rise by winning todays macth - being played in Vancouver BC.

:welcome and good luck! Have to admit that I was eyeing Estrella as well, but I don't know, I'd probably need 2.50 and I'm not getting that :eyes.

Hi All,

Finally the weekend and some great games coming!
First I agree with you, czech, regarding Haddad Maia.

My bet for today is Thiem vs. Ferrer.
Thiem is on a great form again! Finally! He had a very good US Tour so far. (I also take him as Outright winner by the way @15 - He's now at 7.6)
Only one H2H against Ferer and it was last year on Clay and Thiem won 6/3 6/2.
Ferrer is a little bit old now and on the decline. He can still win games against players ranked 50 and above but against a Top10, it's impossible for me.So far, he beat Johnson & Tipsarevic in 3 sets. These guys are clearly not big threats... And he beat PCB yesterday but he's not a strong hard court player.

Thiem -3 @2 on pinnacle. (8 units)

Good luck all,

Edited by radicaly