** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FAI Cup Predictions > Aug 11th & 12th

Hi Steve, I have been waiting for the Cup prices to become available and now they are I am taking Shamrock to lift the trophy at 6/1 with PaddyPower. They have won this trophy a record 24 times but not since 1987. However this year could be their year. They should have no problem getting past Glenville in round one but with the luck of the draw they could be a bit of value.

Cork have hit a bad patch due to the lose of key players and they have a tricky tie at Bray. Dundalk (2nd) and Derry (3rd) have been drawn together so a top 3 side will go definitely go out which will help Rovers cause.

I am also going to oppose Cork when they visit Bray. Bray are in poor form in the league without a win in 5 league games so a Cup run is the only thing left to keep their seaon alive, but Cork have struggled losing to Bohemians at home, just getting past bottom side Drogheda 1-0 away and losing in extra time in the League Cup to Shamrock on Monday night. The 4/1 on a Bray win is value for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Galway v Limerick FAI Cup QF: Galway in @ 6/5 PaddyPower

FAI Cup quarter Final sees Galway take on Limerick. Galway are in 11th place in the league and in drop zone while Limerick are 7th 5 points ahead of their rivals. However Galway are in better form in the league over the last 6 games winning 3 drawing 1 and losing 2 compared to Limericks record over the same period which reads 1 win and 5 defeats. Galway won the legue meeting at home between these sides 3-1 back in July and I am going for another home win. After a tight first half I think they will win 2-1 to book a semi final place.