** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Football Predictions > Aug 11th - 13th

champodds.jpg

league1odds.jpg

league2odds.jpg

scotsodds.jpg

The second week of UK football odds are now available. A few of you might be holding back until the EFL Cup and Scottish League Cup matches are done before deciding on your betting but here they are for those of you that have an idea already.

@DW_United@sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, @silver fox, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @JJG, @Xtc12, and @MuineBheag, what are you guys all looking to bet this weekend?

I have gone against my team again (sheffield wednesday) and backed Qpr at 17/4 .The price has shortened a little but the bet was made on the basis that the odds were wrong.i don't think qpr should be bigger than 3/1.Wednesday did not have one shot on target at preston and whilst they improved last night against Chesterfield, wednesday put a strong team out and Chesterfield a young team.

The problem for wednesday has been creativity or the lack thereof. It's no good having Jordan Rhodes in the team if you don't create chances for him as he will not do that  himself. Whether there is any creativity on saturday depends on hooper playing (to link midfield with attack), bannan playing further forward rather than dropping deep and picking the ball up from the centre half and forestieri playing wide rather than as a striker.

Edited by waynecoyne

Plymouth vs Charlton

Despite getting promoted last season, Home Park was hardly a fortress for Plymouth, with them losing 7 of their 23 league games played there. Given the step up in class this year, I would expect them to lose a fair few games there this season - especially against the better teams.

There seems to be a positivity around Charlton this season which has seen their impressive pre-season demolition of Ipswich, followed up with another impressive victory, this time with 10 men for almost all of the match against a decent Bristol Rovers team and a mid-week cup win at another good side in Exeter. Whilst I’m not going to read a great deal into that win at Exeter, given it was a completely different XI to Saturday’s XI, I wonder whether that positivity has passed itself throughout the squad.

Plymouth are currently the favourites for this game at a best priced 2.65 but I expect the 2.84, on offer from Marathon for a Charlton victory, to have been shortened come Saturday.

On numerous occasions last year, Charlton were priced significantly lower against similar opposition away from home so I think there is a bit of value here, given the perceived improvement from Charlton. If both teams perform as I expect them to in the coming months, I wouldn’t be expecting to get odds anywhere near these in a few months time.

3pts Charlton to win @ 2.84 (Marathon Bet)

Edited by Bobby Vegas

I like Leeds to beat Preston... Leeds a good Squad this Season and i think they can play for a PlayOff Place this Season. Preston didn´t impressed me at first game against Sheffield W. And also i think Preston are only a lower Mid-Table team this season. So Leeds can made a good Start to the season and that can gave them a boost.

Also i think Sunderland are too big at the Moment. Maybe Sunderland +0.5 are a good bet and i will wait maybe 1 or 2 days for more informations about this match. But at the Moment Sunderland too big.

Mansfield have not hit the ground running so I am going to keep away from them and watch their form over a few weeks.  

I fancy Charlton to beat Plymouth.  It is a big jump for Plymouth and as has been said they were actually better away from home than at home last season.  Charlton started well and are worth a punt

Have had a better look.  I have already tipped Charlton.

Luton had a strong start and I fancy them to beat Barnet who will take a bit of time to find there feat.  I think Luton will just have a bit too much for them.  

The other team that interest me is Accrington. They seem to be decent and go a bit under the radar. Yeovil had a terrible start against Luton but did get some respect back midweek although wolves didn't play their full team.  Think Accrington are worth a punt.

11/1 the treble with hills

Don't fancy any of the Scottish odds.  So keeping away from them this. 

@waynecoyne, has your result last weekend altered your opinion on how you think you boys will do this season? Holloway is a great man manager but going to your place and taking all three points will be a huge task for them. I'd be reluctant to back QPR to win. They might take a point though so a double chance on Wednesday was my preferred option until I saw how short it was at 1.18! If I was pushed I'd punt for the draw.

As for my side Cardiff, as I've said, there's a strong sense of quiet confidence/ optimism about this season. We have a solid squad, a top drawer manager, and finally we have full unity at the club again. We really should have put 3 or 4 on Burton last week. I would be disappointed if we didn't take a point at least against Villa. I think Zohore could give Terry the runaround and if Tomlin has got his head on then his pin point passing will split that defence open all day long. I think it will be tight though so under 2.5 goals could be a fair shout.

Im looking at the derby between morton v st mirren 

St mirren started off well beating falkirk 3-1 who a good side , st mirren scored quite a few in the league cup groups and also prone to concede , morton being at home i fancy them to score.  

Im going over 2.5 and btts 7/5 laddies 

Hibs are overpriced tomorrow. 

Rangers have started the season well but you'd think they were Real Madrid the way the media up here is going on. I watched their game v Motherwell last week and they look very decent going forward but look weak at the back, Motherwell were a little unfortunate not to get something from the game, they missed a couple of decent chances and also had a stonewall penalty turned down (as usual when you play the rangers). 

Hibs are a far far better team than Motherwell, strong all over the park and if we can weather the early onslaught and start imposing ourselves on the game, we can score a couple of goals here. I would be very disappointed with a defeat, in fact I would be disappointed with a draw.

I'll be having a little tickle on Hibs -1 at 11.00. Because why not?

Hibs win at 5.00 is the very definition of a value bet.

My bet of the day is Hibs +1 at 2.05. Has Christmas come early? We're not losing this.

I am going for a treble this weekend.

Hull

Middlesborough

Crystal Palace

Hull didn't get the start they wanted and play a Burton team that will struggle and also had a tough away trip to Oldham midweek. Hull have to much quality on the pitch and at home.

Middlesborough very similar reasons, need to get the season underway and quality on the pitch and at home. Brentford were the only team that let me down last week, they got beat by Sheffield Utd but Brentford had 5-1 shots on target and the result didn't tell the story. Midds win.

Crystal Palace always a hard ground to go to with passionate support. A lot of attacking talent and will be to much for the new boys .

4-1 Treble good enough for me.

Good Luck All.

On 8/9/2017 at 3:26 PM, waynecoyne said:

I have gone against my team again (sheffield wednesday) and backed Qpr at 17/4 .The price has shortened a little but the bet was made on the basis that the odds were wrong.i don't think qpr should be bigger than 3/1.Wednesday did not have one shot on target at preston and whilst they improved last night against Chesterfield, wednesday put a strong team out and Chesterfield a young team.

The problem for wednesday has been creativity or the lack thereof. It's no good having Jordan Rhodes in the team if you don't create chances for him as he will not do that  himself. Whether there is any creativity on saturday depends on hooper playing (to link midfield with attack), bannan playing further forward rather than dropping deep and picking the ball up from the centre half and forestieri playing wide rather than as a striker.

I think QPR are a terrible travelling team. I would not back them on the road, even at excessive odds.

On 09/08/2017 at 4:01 PM, sajtion said:

my accumulator bet based on last weeks performances will be the following and if the all win i stand to win £5000

leeds
bradford
blackpool
luton
mansfield
wimbeldon
birmingham
ipswich

just fell short of target.. wtf leeds at home and luton going from 7 goals to zero and wimbledon 

Like the looks of both Man Utd and Tottenham today.

Chelsea slipping up already gives both teams an extra boost if they can start with a win. Jose made some good summer catches and I think they'll outclass West Ham today, who although they have made some new signings too, they're missing a few key players, which is never good playing United at home.

Tottenham got thrashed by Newcastle at the end of the season but I'm not bothered about that too much. New season and Tottenham were pretty brilliant for most of last season and will get revenge today.

2-1 the double 

Edited by FLUFFY
Correction

16 hours ago, robbiewilliamson ESQ said:

Well done there @allyhibs impressive today especially after the early goal.

We were hanging on a little bit in the first 10 - 15 minutes but once we found our feet we dominated the match. I felt we weren't clinical enough to finish them off in the second half and allowed them a second goal to make it a nervy last 10 minutes but we saw it out with ease. It's been a superb start to the season so far. There's a real feeling of something a bit special happening at Easter Road at the moment.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:35 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

@waynecoyne, has your result last weekend altered your opinion on how you think you boys will do this season? Holloway is a great man manager but going to your place and taking all three points will be a huge task for them. I'd be reluctant to back QPR to win. They might take a point though so a double chance on Wednesday was my preferred option until I saw how short it was at 1.18! If I was pushed I'd punt for the draw.

As for my side Cardiff, as I've said, there's a strong sense of quiet confidence/ optimism about this season. We have a solid squad, a top drawer manager, and finally we have full unity at the club again. We really should have put 3 or 4 on Burton last week. I would be disappointed if we didn't take a point at least against Villa. I think Zohore could give Terry the runaround and if Tomlin has got his head on then his pin point passing will split that defence open all day long. I think it will be tight though so under 2.5 goals could be a fair shout.

As you may recall Stevie, I wasn't that positive but expecting top 6, our shortage of centre halves has been exposed with injuries to loovens and hutchinson . No more players have come in -we were 3 short imo, so I can see the slow start continuing and at this stage top 6 is looking fanciful-so in short yes :)