** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Outside Chance (Goalscorers and Tryscorers)

3 hours ago, clarky101 said:

Harry,,,,,just spotted this thread, have you thought of goal scorer minutes on spin ?

I think of very little else mate, in my sleeping and waking hours! :loon

The spread prices are the inputs for this system, that I use to derive the minimum required price for a fixed odds bet. I do sometimes spot a decent looking spread bet but this system is focused on supposedly value fixed odds bets based on fairly strict criteria. I have ideas for different ways of applying this (identifying lays or spread bets in the scorer markets or value bets in other markets) but, for now, this pretty much takes up what time I have to spare for devoting to punting.

Wow, just had a look on Soccerbase and he's scored in 13 of his 14 appearances this season for club & country!

There are definitely those "obvious" goal scorers who, at first glance, appear to be "too short" but who bang in the goals so frequently that they are still profitable to follow. Ronaldo, Messi, Kane and Lukaku are probably in that group currently. If the anytime price is too short for your taste they can still be worth backing for brace, hat trick or both halves.

He may be worth blindly following for a while yet. Hopefully, when he does score it will have qualified as a bet for this thread!

An early Top 14 game before I update yesterday's results.

Monpellier v Brive: Nadolo to score 2 or more tries at 7/4 (2.07) and to score a hat trick at 6/1 (4.47) both with 365

Shorter but still backable at PP prices (13/8 and 11/2). Anytime price is value too but I'm not backing at less than 1/2.

Here we go, dawn of a new era and all that, with the inaugural "official" NFL selection! :)

Oakland/Denver: Roberts to score a TD at 3.77/1* with Hills (4.55)

*I've had to use my daily boost to get this over the line as a qualifying bet but there's reason to think it's not a bad bet at the standard 7/2. It's sub 2/1 in most places and while SX are only 8-11 about his TD minutes, SPIN go 13-16.

Mashing those two prices together would imply he's around a 9/4 shot. Hopefully it's SPIN who've assessed his chances correctly, making this a decent bet at the odds.

Cheers, a shame that the only losing bet was the one that qualified for this thread. Ramirez void unfortunately as he didn't start but still profitable overall.

Selections in this thread are "automatic" and don't involve any study of form etc. Sometimes I'll spot other bets that don't qualify but still look decent and take a closer look at them, especially spread bets.

With the International break I had more time to study form, stats and previews last night and thought I might as well post my bets in the relevant thread.