** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Aug 15th

uclodds.jpg

The play-off round of the 2017/18 Champions League has been drawn. A couple of juicy ties there including APOEL Nicosia versus Slavia Prague, Napoli versus Nice, Hoffenheim versus Liverpool, and Young Boys versus CSKA Moscow. Can we get some early thoughts on these games?

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @andrewcalo, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, and @WinningAdvice.

I like Hoffenheim DNB. This team is rock solid at home and was unbeaten for the whole season. They may have lost Sule and Rudy but they have brought in reinforcements like Grillitsch and Gnabry (both players are my ex players in my football manager save as Werder Bremen manager) so I know what they can do. :lol

Napoli - Nice : BTTS @1.8 sounds good to me too...

Nice is solid, performed very well last year, they still have most of their team, Balotelli, Dante, Koziello, and co... And they've just add St Maximin from Monaco, who's is a very talented player, and of course, Sneijder, who i hope will perform well in Ligue 1, even if he's coming from 4 years in the Turkish League... I loved this player so much in the old days.. He's 33, so he surely will be a good addition to the team...

The only thing, is they'll have to play without Balotelli, and maybe Pléa... but i'm confident they'll be able to score... but they have also a french league game tonight, so we'll have to wait to give a definitive prediction..

Agreed on Hoffenheim (above)!

Celtic is tempting,  and a draw no bet for Sevilla in Istanbul sounds good to me, maybe all of that in a acca?... not sure yet...

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, it's going to be a very tough game for Klopp's Liverpool. Does anybody have access to stats that show what Klopp's record against Hoffenheim when he was Borussia Dortmund manager was? Not vitally important but always interesting to see.

He has managed against Hoffenheim in 17 matches (including whilst at Mainz) with 6 wins, 6 draws and 5 defeats.

His Dortmund side played Hoffenheim 15 times, winning 6, drawing 5 and losing 4.

In 8 away matches at Hoffenheim Klopp has won 6 and lost 2.

Quite meaningless IMO, but interesting nonetheless

Karabakh Agdam v FC København

Karabakh Agdam: Dani Quintana (1/0 m), Donald Guerrier (0/0 m, doubtful)

FC København: Ján Greguš (3/0 m, suspended), Tom Høgli (1/0 d), Erik Johansson (5/0 d)

APOEL FC v Slavia Praha

APOEL FC (last season): Ioannou (17/0 d)

Slavia Praha: Deli (2/0 d), Bílek (1/0 d), Ščuk (1/0 m), Alvir (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Qarabag FK are undefeated in their last 9 games in Champions League.

Liverpool have failed to win their last 5 games in Champions League.

Sporting have lost their last 4 games in Champions League.

You can find interesting 17 Football Betting Streaks for 15.08.2017 on this link ... Euro Football Rumours: Streaks for 15.08.2017

12 hours ago, Jack A said:

He has managed against Hoffenheim in 17 matches (including whilst at Mainz) with 6 wins, 6 draws and 5 defeats.

His Dortmund side played Hoffenheim 15 times, winning 6, drawing 5 and losing 4.

In 8 away matches at Hoffenheim Klopp has won 6 and lost 2.

Quite meaningless IMO, but interesting nonetheless

Yeah, I always find it interesting. I think there are so many differing factors between this Liverpool side he manages and the Dortmund side he managed plus Hoffenheim have obviously changed over the years too. Still, it does show how Hoffenheim can raise their game against a "better" side. I think a draw is likely. I'm not convinced I can see Liverpool winning. That defence is still causing problems.

7 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, I always find it interesting. I think there are so many differing factors between this Liverpool side he manages and the Dortmund side he managed plus Hoffenheim have obviously changed over the years too. Still, it does show how Hoffenheim can raise their game against a "better" side. I think a draw is likely. I'm not convinced I can see Liverpool winning. That defence is still causing problems.

The only thing putting me off Liverpool is the fact that both teams would probably be happy with a draw, and it is always difficult to back a side when that is the case. 

However I do think Liverpool will win. I just think they are too good for Hoffenheim, on paper at least. I think Hoffenheim will score, so my pick for the game is Liverpool / BTTS at 10/3. 

I consier Hoff a very strong side and I doubt they'll be satisfied with a draw at home knowing that they'll have to play at Anfield next leg. They'll obv try and squeeze as much as possible.. Hoff is a strong team and seeing how Liverpool's defense has more holes than swiss cheese I'd be happy to back btts/o2,5 because liverpool will score, question is only once or multiple times.

My 2 c

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Celtic have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 games in Champions League.

There have been over 3 goals scored in Napoli's last 3 games in Champions League.

You can find interesting 10 Football Betting Streaks for 16.08.2017 on this link ... Euro Football Rumours: Streaks for 16.08.2017

> Napoli - Nice: BTTS @1.8

Nice will be able to score, Pléa is playing, the team lost last game in Ligue 1 but it was an accident. I believe Napoli will be a bit fragile as they haven't done any official confrontation yet. And don't forget Nice did kick out Ajax the previous round... Pretty impressive... I would even consider a draw as likely, but we never know in this stadium... So BTTS sounds good to me..

> Hapoel Beer Sheva - Maribor: BTTS @2.05

Not a strong defense for Hapoel Sheva, they're conceding goals lately, and yet, they’ve won all five of their historic Champions League home games. They are likely to win with difficulties, I'm pretty sure Maribor can rise up from the poor level they had on the previous round against weaker teams. They didn't perform very well yet, seems a bit under, and Hapoel Beer Sheeva is a stronger opposition for Maribor than previously... The BTTS seems dangerous, but i'll take the risk.

> Istanbul - Sevilla: BTTS@1.62  (+ Celtic win @1.4 in a double)

Sevilla is above, but away games in european cups are difficult for them, and Istanbul is perfectly able to perform very well.. They've learn from their previous mistakes in european cups, and now they're decided to reach the group phase more than ever for their first time... difficult to choose, Istanbul use to score a lot and concede also a few goals, and Sevilla, away, is likely to concede at least a goal... BTTS is my pick...

Edited by DrBetter

I am really curious to see the Napoli / Nice game. Napoli are probably going to give Juventus their closest competition in Serie A this season. They finished  last season on fire, so can they keep it going now. In serie A they face Verona away on Saturday, so this will be a good indicator of where they are ...

You can't judge these 2 legged matchups as easily as a regular season game, because the home team wants a clean sheet in the first leg. They tend to be a little cautious...

If I had to bet here it would just be 1 unit on the Napoli win and over 2.5 goals

It is priced at about 1.7 which is decent