** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

EFL Cup and Scottish League Cup Predictions > Aug 8th - 10th

eflcup.jpgeflcup1.jpg

scottish-league-cup.jpg

EFL Cup 1st Round matches give us the first midweek football action of the new season in the UK. There are also a few Scottish League Cup games. A lot of interesting games here. I know a lot of you guys aren't too enthusiastic about these early rounds of the EFL Cup but, personally, I think some great value can be had.

@DW_United@sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, and @MuineBheag, looking forward to hearing your views! :ok

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to EFL Cup and Scottish League Cup Predictions > Aug 8th - 10th

Gillingham at reading could be one of the shocks of the round. Reading appear to have a huge injury crisis already and couldn't even name a full bench at qpr on Saturday, so it's unlikely Stam will play many of their remaining healthy first teamers and risk further injuries. I think 8/1 is too big for Gillingham, and 7/2 for them to qualify is decent value too. 

cup matches are not easiest games to predict but btts is my favorite market for these types of games. it's early to think that some managers at least won't have a go early now and it's not like they are in mid season or fighting relegation to prioritise something else at this moment. i know few teams had bad start to the league over the weekend and will want a win under their belt. i'm looking at birmingham, norwich, mansfield, millwall, reading, wolverhampton to get the wins

Luton V Ipswich

Luton will have their tails up after thrashing Yeovil on the first day of the season. They will be full of confidence, and at home against an Ipswich side who we put out of the FA Cup in our last meeting at Kenilworth Rd.

Luton to win 3.4

Difficult to call on a lot of these as more and more teams seem to be resting players. With that in mind I think I'll go for an accumulator.

with the exception of Birmingham, I expect all the teams I've backed to be strong this season whereas I expect their opponents to be near the bottom. Difficult to predict at this stage with the lack of competitive games

Wolves to beat Yeovil

Luton to beat Ipswich

Birmingham to beat Crawley

Southend to beat Newport

and I've lumped in

Gateshead to beat Guiseley from the National League.

five fold 1pt @ 13.69 with Bet365

22 hours ago, WiggoBets said:

Gillingham at reading could be one of the shocks of the round. Reading appear to have a huge injury crisis already and couldn't even name a full bench at qpr on Saturday, so it's unlikely Stam will play many of their remaining healthy first teamers and risk further injuries. I think 8/1 is too big for Gillingham, and 7/2 for them to qualify is decent value too. 

As a Gills fan, Pennock sounds like he's also going to make a few changes as well tonight. That's not necessarily a bad thing as there were a few players on the bench on Saturday whose inclusion would improve us. I wouldn't want to see too many changes but would see the likes of Darren Oldaker or/and Josh Wright in for Mark Byrne, Liam Nash and Conor Wilkinson for Tom Eaves and Josh Parker as positive moves.

17 hours ago, Bobby Vegas said:

Difficult to call on a lot of these as more and more teams seem to be resting players. With that in mind I think I'll go for an accumulator.

with the exception of Birmingham, I expect all the teams I've backed to be strong this season whereas I expect their opponents to be near the bottom. Difficult to predict at this stage with the lack of competitive games

Wolves to beat Yeovil

Luton to beat Ipswich

Birmingham to beat Crawley

Southend to beat Newport

and I've lumped in

Gateshead to beat Guiseley from the National League.

five fold 1pt @ 13.69 with Bet365

Newport vastly underrated this season. A quality win for them here and I really do think they will defy a lot of people tipping them to be relegated this coming season.

Personally, I'm just glad to see Cardiff get past a very difficult Portsmouth side. Ironic that our worst player scored the winner! I was always a big fan of Greg Halford throughout his career but he's a liability now. Well, most of the time he is!

The game I think could deliver an upset tonight is Crewe versus Bolton. Parkinson is renowned for his expertise in the cup competitions but Bolton have a massive task staying up this season. I think he will field a reserve side and a team like Crewe will relish that. I can't see the favourites falling at the first hurdle in any of the other games.