** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tax implications for my friends betting returns

mick bones

I can't find any suitable forum for this question but here goes anyways. Me and my friends have a fairly solid system going where we are making steady profits but now the time has come to share the loot.  What are the tax implications for me as the receiver to get money from my mate via Paypal?  He has made a few £K from his footy betting and wants to share it with me. Will he just have to withdraw it from paypal via his own bank account or can he send it to me via paypal transfer?  Obviously it is easy for him to prove that he made the money from betting so with that being the case is there any thing I need to do tax wise?

On 8/2/2017 at 11:57 AM, mick bones said:

I can't find any suitable forum for this question but here goes anyways. Me and my friends have a fairly solid system going where we are making steady profits but now the time has come to share the loot.  What are the tax implications for me as the receiver to get money from my mate via Paypal?  He has made a few £K from his footy betting and wants to share it with me. Will he just have to withdraw it from paypal via his own bank account or can he send it to me via paypal transfer?  Obviously it is easy for him to prove that he made the money from betting so with that being the case is there any thing I need to do tax wise?

It's impossible to tax because you could also claim back losses effectively. ;)