** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ligue 1 & 2 Predictions > Aug 4th & 5th

ligue1odds.jpg

ligue2odds.jpg

Ligue 1 returns this weekend and Ligue 2 is also into its second week. Last season this section had such a great buzz about it and we all made a fair bit of profit on the games. Interested to see what you all think this season.

@DrO@Icongene, @Pep004, @Pipoca, @FCNA, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @michaelwinsall, @rangers234, @DrBetter, @sajtion, @KikoCy, @Tanktop, @zemo91, @hairline, @mrclubbie, @clubgowi, @neilovan, @WinningAdvice, and @Lisandri, what do you guys think?

i'm thinking toulouse beat monaco 0-1. the sale of star players mendy, bakayoko, silva and mbappe and lemar that could still leave by end of transfer window is going to make monaco much less of a threat so toulouse could get something. i also like double chance on them.

strasbourg could give lyon a run for their money. i am liking a score draw here since lyon have lost potent striker lacazette in the transfer window. i am not sure who is there for them to step up and strasbourg seem to have goals in them. 

lille have strengthened by bringing in strikers in araujo and pepe and few other midfielders which should help them be a better team in attack. interesting to note they play nantes who are coached now by ranieri and we know what he did with leicester. i am not sure he can do same with nantes although i expect them to play open and win games. i still feel they have lost their way a bit in pre season and that could be because raineri doesn't know his best team yet and best formation yet. i think lille will win and i also like lille win and both teams to score

i like angers to win 2-1 because bordeaux play in hungary on thursday and gives anger a bit of an edge in preparations and few more days rest. it was interesting to see how bordeaux conceded twice against the hungarians at home. that has rang alarm bells to my ears and by the fact they will travel twice away in space of three days i gotta fancy the a home win

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 1 & Ligue 2

Monaco have won their last 12 games in Ligue 1.

AC Ajaccio have won their last 3 home games in Ligue 2.

Monaco are undefeated in their last 20 games in Ligue 1.

You can find interesting 28 Football Betting Streaks for 04.08.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-04-08-2017

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Ligue 1 & 2 Predictions > Aug 4th & 5th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 1

Nice have won their last 4 games against Saint-Etienne in all competitions.
Nice have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 games against Saint-Etienne in all competitions.

Guingamp have lost with at least a 3 goal margin in their last 4 away games in Ligue 1.

You can find interesting 25 Football Betting Streaks for 05.08.2017 on this link ... Euro Football Rumours: Streaks for 05.08.2017

Hey Guys! Glad to be back for the new season...  And I hope to keep up with my good results on the top 5 leagues last year! And i hope to see some of you guys on the Acca thread, we had some fun last year (Notorious are you in the neighborhood?).

So to recap this first week end of Ligue 1, a lot has been going on lately... Bielsa at Lille, who spent a decent amount of money during the mercato, lot of young talented players, and obvisouly, Lille is gonna perform very well under Bielsa. I've seen them played in pre-season and the first match against Nantes, they're impressive, you can clearly see the "Bielsa style". 

Marseille improved a bit, I hope they'll make a good start, they'll be definitely more competitive than the previous season. And Lyon also (even if they've lost Lacazette and Tolisso to Arsenal and Bayern, i still think they're stronger this year), Lyon is regular, always performing, i'm just not a big fan of their coach. But this team is gonna be hard to play against, in Ligue 1 and Europa League...

I really think these two clubs can perform well in the europa league, Lyon did reach semis last year, quarter two years ago, losing poorly against a weak Ajax and missing a nice finale against United... Hope they'll do better this year...

Of course Monaco, even without Bakayoko, Silva and Mendy and maybe MBappé will still be a serious team to consider, and i really think they'll finish the league in the 2nd place behind PSG... Falcao is still here, Tielmans showed great potential, their defense and midfield is still very strong... I really hope they'll keep Mbappé this year...

Lille, Marseille or Lyon for the 3rd place, and of course, Nice, Nantes and St Etienne could also do something...

And finally, my favorite to win the league and also the champions league, PSG (ya I know, no objectivity whatsoever). With Neymar, and a very strong team, Pastore and Verratti finally out of injuries for good i hope, Draxler at the top, Daniel Alves the best right back in the world by far, and a new Di Maria, i see them winning Ligue 1, and at least reach the semis in the champions league... Last year 6-1 was a huge accident, something out of time and space, all of that while being much better than Barca... It won't happen again... In the contrary, this horrible memory will be useful, and i think they'll be unbeatable this year..!

We'll have to wait a bit to see the trends for this league... But it's so nice to start a new season, finally!

ps: there is a second parisian club in ligue 2 now, kinda nice, hope they'll reach Ligue 1 pretty soon, would be nice to have 2 clubs in Paris...!

Good luck guys! Nice to be back!

Edited by DrBetter

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 1 and Ligue 2

Lyon have won their last 3 away games in Ligue 1.

Tours have lost their last 4 games in Ligue 2.

Le Havre have won their last 4 games in Ligue 2.

Nice have won their last 3 home games against Troyes in all competitions.

You can find interesting 25 Football Betting Streaks for 11.08.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-11-08-2017

The week end is coming, let see what's going on:

Lyon win @2.00 tonight. Rennes can cause trouble, but IMO, they'll need a few games to improve... I see Lyon above anyway, a DNB might be safer but i'll go with the win, it's the start of the season, time to take a few risks!

Also tonight, i'll avoid Nice on this one only, even if it's against Troyes.

They'll play without Balotelli, and with an important match against Napoli coming this week, seems to me they might be preoccupied by the champions league game. I've no idea if they'll throw it away or not, considering that if they loose, they'll be in europa league anyway, and it will be easier to deal with than the champions league... They can perfectly choose to invest only on the french league, in order to aim a decent ranking at the end of the season... Playing the CL might cost them too much, as they don't have the team to play both at a decent level...

They need to beat Napoli if they want to have a chance, and IMO it's not going to happen, even if Napoli doesn't impress me a lot... 

Saturday's games: Too difficult to predict, no idea here, no clue, no team is tempting, no game seem interesting here, i've no feeling whatsoever...

For sunday, i'll back PSG, Monaco and Lille without a doubt... (Maybe Lille in a DNB, but i might consider an acca here)...

Good luck guys!

Edited by DrBetter

And where are our Nantes fan?

It would be nice to have their feedback on Ranieri and their team... Seems to be that they're a bit short to compete for a place in the top 6 of the french league... Didn't saw any recruits or so... IMO, no the best plan to put all your money on the coach... 

St Etienne is also a big question mark... new coach, a spanish one, apparently talented and who want to implement a "Barca style identity"... Not the first one, and without some key players, it will be tough... But Hamouma and Beric might shine more this year...!

In the end, i think the best surprise will come from Lille, not a good news for Monaco, Lyon and Marseille aiming the top 5. 

Finally, Bordeaux, for me the most disappointing french team.. Huge and beautiful city, superb stadium, good fan base, but no ambition at all... A bit sad...

Anyway, i think beside PSG, it's very open this year, and we'll have a great season, now that most of the stadium are now renovated and modern, and that there is now much more money in the french league, and as always, many many talented young players... This league has improved so much these past years, with all these new investors, new foreign coachs... For me the most interesting league to follow after the BPL...

But still.. It will be tough to catch the italian league at the UEFA ranking... it will take time, and the new version of the UEFA champions league is coming next year.. and with a Juventus that strong, and Nice probably out soon (they play Napoli in 5 days) it might not be easy for the french league to win a rank among the 5 top european leagues... Bad timing to get the 4th seat for the UCL.

Now if Monaco and PSG can perform well in UCL, who knows! I see both reaching quarter at least, and semi for PSG, Let's hope...!