** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Women's 2017 European Championship

euro2017women.jpg

The first post in this new section for women's football is the odds for the quarter-finals of this tournament. The big one for a lot of you is the England Women versus France Women game. A lot of trash talking going on. The England Women's team manager Mark Sampson is actually from just down the road of where I live so even the Welsh are supporting England here!

Anyone brave enough to call that one? @Paperclip and @Tiffy, you two were keen to see women's football covered. What do you think?

Been watching the games on 4/More 4. My first reaction was I thought Sweden might be a decent bet against Holland and it turns out the RP agree. They're 5/2 best and I may well have a bet.

I have had a bet (singles and the double) on 2-3 cards being shown in the 1st half of today's games at 12/5 and 13/5. I've been backing this since I put it up in the "nice work..." thread for the England and Scotland games on Sunday. In total I've had 2 losing days, 2 small profits via a single winner and 1 decent pay out via the double (on Thursday in the final group games for England and Scotland).

The odds have shortened over that time but it has happened in 8 out of 24 games and we are at the business end of the competition now so happy to go with modest stakes for an interest.

Germany yet to impress thus far and Denmark involved in low scoring games. I'm fancying both trends to come to an end tonight and have been tempted in by the 10/3 that Spreadex offer for >3.5 goals. The more cautious among us can easily get 5/4 for >2.5.

The same firm are shortest for total goals at 2.45 while the other firms go 2.6. One of those firms will award a bonus goal to buyers if there are 5 or more goals. If their price were to drop a little I may have a little bit of that as well. Waiting for line ups to see if any scorers leap out.

Have played total goals with that offer at 2.45, before working out that the price drop reflected the heavy rain that's falling at the venue. :$

Another reminder to me to check the weather where it might have a bearing on the bet but, hey ho, the money's down now.

Also bought Peter's goal minutes at 3 with SPIN (as high as 8 elsewhere). Has scored a couple of penalties in the group games so worth chancing at such a low price.

I've had 2 bets on the quaters

England to beat France 2.6. I think that England at all levels (outside the senior men's side) are too goo for most teams in Europe, and feel that the French have been less than convincing in this tournament so far.

France -1 Corner Handicap - 2.4. England don't seem to have many corners, I think that they can control the ball more effectively than their opponents when attacking, so worth a punt here at this price.

The double pays 6/1

Edited by Tiffy

5 hours ago, Tiffy said:

I've had 2 bets on the quaters

England to beat France 2.6. I think that England at all levels (outside the senior men's side) are too goo for most teams in Europe, and feel that the French have been less than convincing in this tournament so far.

France -1 Corner Handicap - 2.4. England don't seem to have many corners, I think that they can control the ball more effectively than their opponents when attacking, so worth a punt here at this price.

The double pays 6/1

Well I was right about England not having many corners. I thought  France may have pushed forward more once they went behind

bet £25, returned £26!

Spreadex are taking a view in the antepost market, with a standout 5/1 Denmark and 10/1 Austria.

You could dutch that to around 3.88 that either of the outsiders wins but I prefer a small bet on Austria at 10/1. Not sure any team that's made it this far should be quite that big.