** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

July 24 - July 30

One early pick.

Back Marco Chiudinelli (+6) to beat Paolo Lorenzi at 1.93 with Marathonbet

There's obviously a big gap between the two quality-wise nowadays, but I'm not convinced that this is going to be an outright demolition. Not only is Chiudinelli going to play his heart out at home, but Lorenzi is also bound to be tired after that run in Umag (where he needed several MTOs).

22 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

One early pick.

There's obviously a big gap between the two quality-wise nowadays, but I'm not convinced that this is going to be an outright demolition. Not only is Chiudinelli going to play his heart out at home, but Lorenzi is also bound to be tired after that run in Umag (where he needed several MTOs).

Nice call, odds already dropped a lot.

Back Frank Dancevic (+4) to beat Peter Polansky at 1.78 with Pinnacle

Dancevic is never easy to break down and Polansky is bound to be tired after last week, so I'll take the underdog on the handicap line here. His serve should allow him to keep this close - and maybe even win it.

Back Daniel Brands (+3.5) to beat Ernests Gulbis at 1.72 with Marathonbet

Backing Brands again, as Gulbis doesn't seem to be too stable at the moment. Brands has the serve to frustrate him - and his good efforts in the qualifiers shouldn't be underestimated.

Back Roberto Quiroz (+4.5) to beat Yuki Bhambri at 1.85 with Pinnacle

I understand why Bhambri is the favourite here, but the line looks a touch off to me nonetheless. Quiroz is a decent player at the Challenger level and I believe he's got every chance of covering it.

On 23/07/2017 at 8:59 AM, CzechPunter said:

One early pick.

I'm on this outright. Lorenzi has to be too short even if he does win. Fingers crossed. :hope

28 minutes ago, Waggy_2 said:

Is there anywhere to see rankings of tennis posters on this forum based on their tips, which posters tips are profitable, weekly/monthly/annual results for posters?

I'm a massive tennis fan and gambler and have followed this tennis forum for a while now and it definitely seems like we're all struggling to make any profit whatsoever. I could be wrong though. 

It's a forum, not a tipping service, so it's up to each poster to choose whether to post them or not.

18 minutes ago, Waggy_2 said:

Oh, ok. Where are they posted for those who choose to do so? 

You seem to be by far the most active poster in terms of tennis tips, would you say your tips are profitable? 

There isn't any "one" place. Those who post them usually have them in their signatures or perhaps in the Glory Hunters sub-forum.

As for myself - 2017 has been a nightmare so far, but yes, I'd say that I have a slight edge over the bookies in the long term. My feeling is that tennis betting has gotten harder recently, especially pre-match betting, but I believe that it's still possible to be profitable. Now to prove it...:loon

2 PICKS FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW MATCHES:

ATP CHALLENGER TAMPERE OFNER-ILKEL 2:0 SETS @ 1.57 on several bookies
Ilkel can' play on clay. Ofner has a lot of good Challengers results on clay.

WTA BASTAD SUAREZ-MERTENS @ 1.32 pinnacle
Suarez with a number of great wins lately, really in good form. Mertens definetely prefers faster surfaces.

Seriously though, 2017 has been sickening me over and over again. Look at Quiroz ffs - he was 7-6 2-0* up and had three break points to make it *3-0. And then he loses 7-6 3-6 1-6 and ruins the handicap bet. Too many of these freak occurrences this year.

@Waggy_2 As I've already stated, I think that there is, especially in live betting, which is what you should go for if your ambition is to make a living out of it (not my case). I still believe that this is just a long downswing with very little luck going my way, as that's what my experience tells me. I've had losing seasons before, I've had winning seasons before, you can't win them all. Are there better sports for betting if all you want is profit? Most likely. Is it possible to win money in tennis? Yes, but I don't believe that you should be trying to do so if you don't enjoy following the game.

Back Christopher Eubanks (+4.5) to beat Jared Donaldson at 1.90 with Pinnacle

Great result for Eubanks in the first round and I fancy him to give it his all against Donaldson as well, as he's got a history of playing top-notch tennis in this event. Donaldson is definitely overrated at the moment, he's done very little since Miami really. He's also a bit choky, while Eubanks should be able to hit freely.

TennisThread.png

14 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Back Christopher Eubanks (+4.5) to beat Jared Donaldson at 1.90 with Pinnacle

Great result for Eubanks in the first round and I fancy him to give it his all against Donaldson as well, as he's got a history of playing top-notch tennis in this event. Donaldson is definitely overrated at the moment, he's done very little since Miami really. He's also a bit choky, while Eubanks should be able to hit freely.

TennisThread.png

I second that, Donaldson is overrated! Nice pick.

Some funny bits this week as well.

Rosol in Prague against Maden - Led 5-0* in the first set, lost it 5-7. Ferrer in Hamburg against Delbonis - Led 5-1* in the first set, lost it 5-7. Kr. Pliskova in Nanchang against Hibino - Led *3-0 in the first set, went to adjust a fan, had to retire with a hand injury.

My guess is that we're going to see Ferrer beat Federer in the US Open later on (current H2H 0-17). :notworthy I mean, Federer is a special case of his own. He's 33-3 in this season, with the two non-exhibition losses coming against Donskoy and Haas :loon.

One more for me today.

Back Alejandro Gonzalez (+4.5) to beat Peter Polansky at 1.80 with Pinnacle

The odds for Polansky have been shortening, but I simply don't believe that he deserves that much credit. Still a thoroughly average player and hardly fresh either. Dancevic gave him a good test, so I fancy Gonzalez to do the same.

One for me today:

Jing-Jing Lu (-2,5 games) to beat Hibino @2.030 at Pinnacle for 7 units.
Jing-Jing Lu is playing very well since the beg of this tournament. She destroyed her 2 opponents during the Qualification and beating Diyas and Jankovic in the last 2 rounds.

She's on fire while Hibino is lucky to be here thanks to the retirement of Pliskova yesterday. I don't see any reason why the serie should stop today.

Edited by radicaly

29 minutes ago, bence7 said:

Haase to beat Goffin 2.10

Haase +1.5 set 1.42

Haase knows well the Gstaad court, played two finals recently. Had good games againt Olivo and Monteiro, while Goffin in bad shape. Yesterday i saw against Albot, don't trust in him.

Yes, I completely agree. I also put a small stake on him.

I took also Haase as Outright Winner for 1 unit @16.. Let's see.Don't really see any real favourite here and 16 is a value to me.

Hanfmann to beat Haase @ 2.90

Think there is value to bet on the underdog after watching both QF yesterday.  Both played well to dispose of their higher-ranked opponents especially Hanfmann (Ranked 222 before this ATP) showed no sign of tiredness in 3 sets in the high altitude.  As you all know well that ranking speaks nothing when a player is fit and at his best, the odds is partly set at the vast difference in ranking and so I see value in Hanfmann qualifying for his first ATP final after his first SF.

Couple of underdogs that I like for today from the qualifiers, let's say that I'm trying some new.

Connor Farren (+5.5) to beat Austin Krajicek at 1.98 with Marathonbet

Erika Sema (+7) to beat Heather Watson at 1.83 with Marathonbet

Patrick Kypson (+5) to beat Marinko Matosevic  at 1.87 with Marathonbet

Frank Moser (+6) to beat Liam Broady at 1.87 with Marathonbet

Alexander Nicholas Reyes (+7) to beat Marc Polmans at 1.70 with Pinnacle

Can Hanfmann goes on to win the Gstaad ATP?

Not that he has no chance, I will give him a 40/60 chance to make it.  He has beaten  3 players of Fognini's calibre and the fitter player to last the 3 sets will win the ATP.  I will take Hanfmann +1.5 set  when the odds are out................... should be around 2.0.

Edited by Robinnho