** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

Sir Puntalot

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

ffs....................my KK ran into AA for the 4th fcuking time this weekend playing on the cash tablesbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif ...............................I think i might have to take a break from cash tables for a bit before my bankroll suffers too much....................... some of the cold decks and bad beats i've suffered have been completely ridiculous (see a few posts above) Its not actually the money i've lost thats so annoying (my bankroll is only down to what it was the start of last week) its the way i've lost it.puke.gif Its also started affecting my play slightly as I've also called a few final bets i knew i shouldn't just through disbelief that i'd been fcuked over yet again angry.gif ..................................... the joys of Poker laugh4.gif
couldn't agree more. It looks like the software is doing this deliberatly to boost figures. Some of the bad beats I have had are just unbelievable and beyond belief TBH. flushes A high getting done by 4 of a kind. Houses getting done by the same!!! Good TRIPS getting done on turn+ river by straight or flush, cant believe some of the things that are going on at the moment :$:$ Sad to say but there are so many poor players in games now that the chances of playing tight and succeeding in MTT esp. are GONE. people will now play with any matched pair!!!!

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Bit of a cheeck me calling this a bad beat but... Played a small $20 MTT @ betfred - 53 players. Finished 7th for $50 Had A8c against 97c chipleader raised to 4000 on flop. I had this and change. He caught a 9 with 2 other clubs showing. :( But to get there i got pocket 3's and 6's both catching the same on turn and river. First game i've had where i've had 2 4oak

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Played against this guy in a tournament the other night. His 77 v my KK. He went allin 12K against my 8K, blinds at 200. I won :D I think he's from Liverpool, but noticed that he went allin quite a bit. I think anytime he had an A or 2suited with a picture card. Not easy to play against.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Here's a rant.... I was coming 1st out of 1200 initial players at pokerstars. Buyin was $10 I believe and I was 1/120 remaining. After playing for nearly 4 hours, I finally get the nicest pockets AA. So I raised about 1/3rd of my chips preflop (being all excited and all... and hoping to pretty much just sweep the blinds or have a desperate sucker with a high hand take me on). The very last guy (who happened to be top 10 in chips) goes all in. I think well, FFS what the heck... He has pocket Queens... I'm smiling... flop comes up with nothing. Then bang, fkn turn card is a Q. To add insult, the turn card was yet another spade, so I still had hope. River comes up with sweet buggerall, so I lost a huge number of chips. I then go all in about 3 hands later with pocket Kings. The same guy calls me, he has pocket 9's. Of course, he get's a 9 on the flop and the rest was history. Out at 102 only 3 places from the prize money. A couple of the guys on the table commented, "Poker is a cruel game", "bad luck mate" and stuff like that.. It made me feel better I guess. But damn... AA loses to QQ then KK loses to 99. angry.gif /rant

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here It hurts i know :sad I'm trying to improve my game at the moment regarding finishing in the money. Too many times have i gone out a few places shy of the money. Its hard to fold a good hand sometimes,although you had the best hand both times! Don't forget to slow play when you get close to the money.It can be annoying to see but sometimes its needed.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Thanks Jomell... you are right.. i really needed to hold my nerve late in tournys if i really want to be a good player.. no excuse going from 1st to out of the money :( I was getting fatigued though which didnt help..

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Was in a $30 STT on betfred after that shambles of a dollarup on SO (even though i came 13th) (decided to blow all my money on betfred - again) 4 left and one guy on 200 - he folds One guy goes allin - other guy follows allin. I would have about 800 chips left if i lost so went allin Player1: JJ Player2: JJ me: AQ Q came up in flop. OOOh me happy Can't believe the cards that came next - they split a straight between them and i'm left with my chin on the floor. Ended up 2nd he had 88 allin me AQ - didn't hit this time :( (One of the players that left early was called bruise - not our bruise was it?)

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Just playing the 5,000 freeroll on nordic bet got dealt pocket 9s and a 9 and 2 8s come on the flop so i just slowed played and somebody bet 160 so raised it to 320 guy calls all in and i go all in he turns k 8 and ive got my full house and suprise suprise what comes on the turn a k couldnt bellieve it second time in two days been beat by a better full house well thats poker.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Ahem. In The Safety Net I get my 1st premium pair when my stack is 4x BB, so I go all in. 1 cocky caller who typed "I'll give you some pal" and called, as he obviously thought I was trying to nick the blinds. Him QQ. "Ha", I thought Me AA Flop 10 6 J Turn K Now I'm thinking, "No Ace" PLEASE! Flop *:wall :wall :wall

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here OK. We all get pissed off with these bad beats, me as much as anyone. At times I honestly feel like screaming and never playing poker again. I'm sorry about the lengthy tale, but I need to set a a scene. After playing in the Safety Net, I had a go in The Scottish daily and bombed out 1st hand (bad play if I remember), but I still wanted another game of cards. So I entered a $5 STT. Well I was doing OK. Bluffers couldn't shake me which helped me win a few with small pairs. Premium hands were played hard and stood up, and I didn't get too tied to my cards. When we were down to about 6 players, someone represented the nuts, which I had, and I ended up dbling through. This put me on about 5,800 out of 15,000 chips available. Then we lost another player. Anyway I was primed. 5 players, 2 on less than 1k, and I was chip leader by about 1500, guaranteed cash right? Then it started (apologies for the lack of details- I tried to capture the hand history, but failed by a hand). In the next 3 hands I played, in the order I remember them, my hand first, almost all were all ins on their part. QQ lost to AK. 10 10 lost to short stack JJ Then the killer K8spades. I limped in. 3 spades (no A) on the flop. YESSS! (Play it :dude). 3 players. I check, player 2 min. calls, player 3 folds. I think then call.:ok Turn Ah, I check player 2 goes all in for about 2/3 my remaining stack. Well, with the river to come only 1 combo can beat me right. It did.:lol We both held 2 spaded hole cards. Mine K-high, his A-high. So I was the small fish with 5 players left, 3 get paid, and I've taken a kicking. Perfect reason to tilt and play any old shite, yeah? Well, I didn't. I reminded myelf what we tell each other on here, stayed calm and managed to get into the money, winning $10. :cow

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here playing a fairly decent prize money tourney last night raises get 4 big blinds get called by 2 players no surprises and some really bad players at my table sitting with jj flop comes q j 6 2 (2 hearts onboard) towards the latter stages so is about 15000 in chips there bets 15000 gets 1 call think he is on a draw maybe flush draw turn brings 4 of spades, goes all in for last 20000 get called by his last 20000k 10 not flush draw river brings ace, tempted to throw pc out of window. then give him some abuse for bad play gets the audacity to tell me it was good play and i should gamble a bit more calling for about 9/1 shots on river not good play in my book.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Dont normally post hand histories, but thanks god this was in the safety net, hope it isnt a sign of things to come tonight: Hand #137494402 at table: Safety Net Started: Mon Nov 21 19:09:08 2005 Zorall is at seat 1 with 2540.00 ODDSLACI is at seat 2 with 1540.00 ajcairns is at seat 3 with 1370.00 flump is at seat 4 with 1130.00 Freddywhy is at seat 5 with 1480.00 Q-gloaf is at seat 6 with 1340.00 DrGz is at seat 7 with 4200.00 Flock is at seat 8 with 1380.00 cernaa is at seat 9 with 1440.00 SzilardSz2 is at seat 10 with 1500.00 cernaa posts the large blind 20.00 cernaa: --, -- SzilardSz2: --, -- Zorall: --, -- ODDSLACI: --, -- ajcairns: Kh, Ks flump: --, -- Freddywhy: --, -- Q-gloaf: --, -- DrGz: --, -- Flock: --, -- Pre-flop: SzilardSz2: Fold Zorall: Fold ODDSLACI: Fold ajcairns: Raise 80.00 flump: Call 80.00 Freddywhy: Fold Q-gloaf: Fold DrGz: Call 80.00 Flock: Fold cernaa: All in ajcairns: All in flump: Fold DrGz: Call 1460.00 Showdown: ajcairns shows: Kh, Ks (a pair of Kings) DrGz shows: Ad, 10h (high card, Ace) Flop (Board: Jc, 5h, 6c): Turn (Board: Jc, 5h, 6c, 9s): River (Board: Jc, 5h, 6c, 9s, 4c): cernaa shows: 3h, 2d (straight to the Six) Sidepot 2: cernaa wins the pot of 180 with straight to the Six Mainpot: cernaa wins the pot of 4190 with straight to the Six (0.00 rake were taken for this hand)

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

River (Board: Jc, 5h, 6c, 9s, 4c): cernaa shows: 3h, 2d (straight to the Six) Sidepot 2: cernaa wins the pot of 180 with straight to the Six Mainpot: cernaa wins the pot of 4190 with straight to the Six
Thats ****ing shocking to say the least :wall:wall:wall:wall

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here This hand put me out in 8th place in the City AM freeroll at Betfair tonight... :@ dealt to overton [Ad Js] Ian-D: calls 1600 jasebb: folds PL-Lady: folds overton: raises to 3905 and is all-in Taiger: folds Bad_Beat: folds LakiLaki: raises to 6210 ravenx: folds Ian-D: folds Returned uncalled bets 2,305 to LakiLaki ----- FLOP ----- [Jh Ac 4c] ----- TURN ----- [Jh Ac 4c][3c] ----- RIVER ----- [Jh Ac 4c 3c][2c] ----- SHOW DOWN ----- LakiLaki: shows [As Qc] (A Flush, Ace high) overton: shows [Ad Js] (Two Pairs, Aces and Jacks, Four high) LakiLaki collected 12610 from Main pot

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Just went out of BetFred $10 Freezeout after battleing my way past 100 players. What a waste of time, no money to show for it. Prize money was top 20. :@ :@ :@ burnt0br.png This guy was hitting hands for fun, I wouldn't be suprised at all if he goes on to take top prize. Bastard. :@

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here now i know that sporting odds is my nemesis. i waited and waited for a good hand. i got kk and some moron with about the same chips as me called my all in with q 5 diamonds. just look what happened. i was in the lead... he flopped 2 pair.......i flopped a king....trips...... he rivered the flush. would everyone here go all in, or nearly all in on a q 5 diamonds? i know i have said that sporting odds is fixed and i have had comments about just being unlucky and pot odds etc. but this happens in EVERY game i play. I can accept once in a while but this takes the mick. EVERY game is more than taking the mick..... i don't know...... taking the whole colon. Satilaboy: --, -- danno375: Ks, Kc Incy: --, -- Andy293: --, -- ingy007: --, -- alomar: --, -- Granding: --, -- Pre-flop: Incy: Fold Andy293: Fold ingy007: Fold alomar: Fold Granding: Fold Satilaboy: Call 400.00 danno375: All in Satilaboy: Call 2730.00 Showdown: Satilaboy shows: Qd, 5d (high card, Queen) danno375 shows: Ks, Kc (a pair of Kings) Flop (Board: 2d, Qh, 5c): Turn (Board: 2d, Qh, 5c, 8d): River (Board: 2d, Qh, 5c, 8d, Kd): Satilaboy shows: Qd, 5d (King high flush) Mainpot: Satilaboy wins the pot of 5460 with King high flush (0.00 rake were taken for this hand) the tw@t even took bthe piss when he won....,as if he had played it really well.!!!!! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :cry :cry :cry :cry :$ :spank :spank :spank :spank