** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

Sir Puntalot

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here This one will cheer you up! I'm in trouble and big blind. Everyone has folded barr me and small blind. Flop shows Q 8 2, (the 8 and 2 the same suit as my Q) Small blind goes all in. I call, holding top two pairs and potential flush He shows A J Turn A River J I leave the tournament gracefully....

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Thats right Danny. Well, its my day, so here comes the last one. Betfair tourney. My QQ short stack to guy (4times mine) AK. You gussed what Im going to say :lol. But here is the one funny catch. Comes 4 first cards with the same speed and then 3-4 seconds break and ...K on the river. That really had me in chuckles :moon.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif A week or so ago I noticed that I had just over $2 (lol) in my Bet365 account, so decided i'd try and get it as high as I could without depositing any more. I started off played the Extreme Turbo tables (the best tables I could afford), and managed to get up to $25ish. I think I was pretty lucky though, and then I had a bit of a bad run where this went down to just over $10. Today I played some 10 player STTs with no luck (ran into AA a couple times, once when I had AK and the flop was K66) so I was down to just below $5. As I was having no joy with STTs I decided to sit down at a $0.05 / $0.10 pot limit hold'em game. I got up to $12 pretty soon after flopping a straight, then down to $8ish, at which point I got QQ in the small blind. 6 callers, I raised the size of the pot, was reraised by one guy, and this reraise got called by another and everyone else folded. On this table there was hardly any raising before the flop, and certainly no pots won before the flop, so I was a bit worried that maybe somebody was slowplaying AA or KK, but I decided that I was gonna stick with my hand (if this was a higher stakes game with good players then obviously I would have been worried and maybe thrown my hand away, but the worst case scenario was just losing $8 which would hardly be the end of the world). So I reraised again, and the first guy reraised me all in and the other guy folded. My opponent then turns over 74 suited, and just as I'm celebrating winning an $18 pot, he catches a 7 on the flop and a 4 on the turn puke.gif Obviously some idiot then proceeded to type "nh" into the chat box banghead.gif . I know that over time I will win these situations etc etc, and I know that it was hardly the highest stakes game, but in the last week or so i've been having a pretty annoying run, and seemingly losing every 50/50. Maybe this is the universe's way of evening things out after the luck I got in the Punterslounge freeroll a couple months ago laugh4.gif. I suppose i'm owed a bit of bad luck after that anyway, so I shouldn't complain too much bigokay.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here A bit gutted just now. In a $20 rebuy MTT and was at final table and chip leader. Was against the guy 3rd in chips all in. I have QQ he has 88. He flops an eight. :wall Then a few hands later im all in with kk against AJ and he flops an ace. and im out in 7th. :wall :wall :puke Was looking set for a decent pay out, especially if my queens held up

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Played in one of Betfred's Freeroll Freezeouts last night. We were into the 3rd hour of play and I was sitting with 30,000+ in chips. I hit flush on the river and thought 'sod it' and threw the lot in. There was only 3 players left in this hand including me. The guy to my left folded but the next called. Naturally, I'm sitting thinking 'got you sucker!' but you can imagine my horror when the chips went his way instead! :puke Worse still I never managed to record what his actual hand was to see what I lost to. At 12.15am and facing a 2 hour drive for a zoo trip the next day with the kids it was the last thing on my mind! :wall However, I finished 35 out of 1000 and took home the princely sum of $1.25... my first ever tournament winnings! :cow

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Just been playing in a STT at Victor Chandler. Down to the last two. We both go all-in. My A8 vs A3. Two 3's hit on the flop and that's me crippled. To rub salt into the wound he fluked a flush to win the tourney. Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Right, where to start......? I have had 2 or so hours to calm down as i have just had the most annoying of all hands in Poker I had been playing on Betfair .05c/1€ table and started off with €25 and over 2 1/2 hours had turned it into €181 with some fairly good play and some forcing of weaker stakes..... Guy comes on table with max buy-in and immediately starts raising left, right and centre...... at first I dont get cards for about 15-20 hands and fold every time..... he raises most hands...... Then I get dealt $$$&$$:&::: and thought here we go, time to make you pay!!! I check on turn and when he comes up he raises €20. I call.... flop comes ££&££%%%%&%%%%((((((&((( and wait his bet He goes all-in.....for €179 ......... I call for €139 knowing that I have him practically wiped with this hand.... He turns over &&&&&&&&&& and ^^^^^&^^^^ and I guess you know what happens next...... maybe not!!! turn throws out )))))&)))) and gives me a KKK44 house over his 33344 house only the river to go.... Now considering that if anybody had a 2,3,4,5 in this game they would have ditched straight away with it, I considered myself home and hosed then, the fcuking worst thing imaginable........ river comes $$$$$&$$$$ and my 2 1/2 hours good work wiped out by the table asshole....... should I have taken my winning money thus far or was I right to play this? hands like this make me sick and its these kind of hands that turn players off Poker for good...... and I lost my €25 buy in too just for good measure... What a fcuking joke!!!!! If anybody beats this as a bad beat for the same money involved then I'll shake his hand as I was too angry to get a screenshot, I'll just let you know that the cnut on my right immediately wrote wp in the chat box angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I was in a $5 hold'em single table - all i could afford. After some slow play i started winning, 3/4 hands at a time. was chip leader with no-one even on ½ of what i had. Lost connection for over 5 min.!!!! Could get onto web pages, could see who was in the different rooms - wouldn't reconnect. Finally got in and i was about 200 below the new chip leader 3 players gone. Got good cards A,10s - had to fold after turn - wasn't interested in bluffing. Still a bit steamed. Got dealt JJ next hand. Someone raised 200 - left 3 of us in. Flop - 2d 4c 7c Leader raised double pot, one folded - i called. Turn 10c. He raised half of what i had left - reraised all-in. He called. He had JJ, I had JJ he caught a flush on the river. I'd have better luck with betfair's exchange poker :@

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here :sad going well in a 350+ runner sixpac mtt tonight: Game #798628463: Texas Hold'em No Limit (200/400) - 2005/08/07 - 00:11:07 (UK) Table "SixPak 903391 - 9" Seat 1 is the button. Seat 1: Demondan (26320 in chips) Seat 2: Aj_cairns (7455 in chips) Seat 3: Coli05024 (7390 in chips) Seat 4: martina77 (1285 in chips) Seat 6: Demanz (9065 in chips) Aj_cairns: posts the ante 50 Coli05024: posts the ante 50 martina77: posts the ante 50 Demanz: posts the ante 50 Demondan: posts the ante 50 Aj_cairns: posts small blind 200 Coli05024: posts big blind 400 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to Aj_cairns [8d Ks] martina77: folds Demanz: folds Demondan: folds Aj_cairns: raises to 800 Coli05024: calls 400 ----- FLOP ----- [Kd 4d 2c] Aj_cairns: bets 1200 Coli05024: calls 1200 ----- TURN ----- [Kd 4d 2c][4s] Aj_cairns: bets 5405 and is all-in Coli05024: is all-in 5340 Returned uncalled bets 65 to Aj_cairns ----- RIVER ----- [Kd 4d 2c 4s][7c] ----- SHOW DOWN ----- Aj_cairns: shows [8d Ks] (Two Pairs, Kings and Fours, Eight high) Coli05024: shows [3h 4h] (Three of a kind, Fours, King high) Coli05024 collected 14930 from Main pot ----- SUMMARY ----- Total pot 14930 Main pot 14930 Rake 0 Board [Kd 4d 2c 4s 7c] Seat 1: Demondan (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: Coli05024 (big blind) showed [3h 4h] and won (14930) with Three of a kind, Fours, King high Seat 4: martina77 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 6: Demanz folded before Flop (didn't bet) which left me with 65 chips left. i just cant see why he called me pre flop. i had been playing pretty tight and had not been beat in a showdown at the table while he was there. :wall and then :puke

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

which left me with 65 chips left. i just cant see why he called me pre flop. i had been playing pretty tight and had not been beat in a showdown at the table while he was there. :wall and then :puke
ul m8!! I'd defend his decision to call preflop on the basis that it was costing him 400 to enter a pot that was already 1450 - he was head to head with you (last to act and everyone else had folded) - he had position on you for subsequent betting rounds and he had (admitedly low) suited connectors. So he had the pot odds and position. Although you played tight until that point, you were on SB and everyone to you had folded - even with little, there would have been the temptation for you to steal the blinds - he would have known that and when you put in a minimum raise, he didn't necessarily put you on a strong hand.....and wanted to defend his blind. I'm afraid that's how I see it - will be interested to see if any of the more established players here agree (or disagree!!)

fair comment gaf' date=' but after the flop he had a pair of 4s to which i bet 1200. i thought he might have laid it down then.[/quote'] Yeah - that ones a lot harder to understand......I'm not even going to attempt to justify it......

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Hi Frisky,

should I have taken my winning money thus far or was I right to play this?
I think you should have taken your winnings so far. Horrible bad beats in situations like that can be bad for the heart :cry . I generally work on the principle in real money games that if I get to more than 3 times my initial stake - I get out and come back in with original stake (some of the sites don't let you do this I think) - but I'm a bit of a wimp. This avoids that horrible feeling of having been miles ahead but getting whacked by a piece of bad luck I'm much happier with tournies - once my entry stake has been converted into chips it's much less like real money in my mind and therefore much less emotional :unsure. Obviously in the situation you describe the all in was mandatory - bet the other guy was dancing a jig after that river!

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here twas the guy who wrote "well played" in the chat box that pissed me off big time laugh4.giflaugh4.giflaugh4.gif I have the same principle as you though with gaining 3 times your stake but late at night you get some fools who are tanked up and playing stupidly and i thought i'd take advantage roll.gif Bollox!!!!!! sad2.gif

ul m8!! I'd defend his decision to call preflop on the basis that it was costing him 400 to enter a pot that was already 1450 - he was head to head with you (last to act and everyone else had folded) - he had position on you for subsequent betting rounds and he had (admitedly low) suited connectors. So he had the pot odds and position.
have to agree with this and he had trips when you went all in against him. it was unlucky but he had 3 times your chips and was suited so 800 call was nothing to him and I would have done exactly the same thing as him

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Just sat down to play a cash game on laddies. 50/1. I sat down with max 100. 3rd hand im dealt AA. I make a raise of $5. Someone goes all in for $80. What am i meant to do but call. He has KK. First card out on the flop is a K. Already $80 down foir the day now.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Its not really got any better I won a few $ in a nice little pot then dealt AJ. Up against guy with $900 and i got $280. Flop comes A210 Mixed suit. I put a nice bet in and Guy calls. I wonder if he has better kicker or Striaght draw. Next card was a 4. Put in another smallish bet. He calls. I knew if I put in a bigger bet he would still call. River card was a 5. He had A5. I lose. Story of this week. Luckily didnt lose to much just my $80 profit from earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I don't know why i do it, but i still play pacific poker. You play pretty well (and others make lots of mistakes), you get to the final table - pretty smug now; then you get to the last 2. You are chip leader and you can tell this guy want the game finished by the way he's playing. Lost conection :@ You click all over the place, email works fine, internet works fine, but can you reconnect? :sad You watch the lobby screen to see your chips steadily dwindle - still not able to get back in and just after you see the chips go from 16 to 0 ... reconnected message reads "The tournament has finished" Yeah NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!! :puke I've never been in a game where i got so many good cards. Don't wanna play no more.:cry

I don't know why i do it, but i still play pacific poker. You play pretty well (and others make lots of mistakes), you get to the final table - pretty smug now; then you get to the last 2. You are chip leader and you can tell this guy want the game finished by the way he's playing. Lost conection :@ You click all over the place, email works fine, internet works fine, but can you reconnect? :sad You watch the lobby screen to see your chips steadily dwindle - still not able to get back in and just after you see the chips go from 16 to 0 ... reconnected message reads "The tournament has finished" Yeah NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!! :puke I've never been in a game where i got so many good cards. Don't wanna play no more.:cry
Bad luck - that must hurt..... Send an email of complaint, explaining the position and what happened - as you were chip leader when disconnected, there's a fair chance they'll pay you out.......

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Just a follow up to this. After being disconnected in another stt where there were only 2 of us left, it only lasted about 2 mins so didn't do too much damage (lost this one too), contacted the customer support and they said they adjusted some of the settings for my account. Still having lots of disconnects so probably will not use them again. (for a while anyway). Thanks for the advice though. George

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I was playing in the Telegraph FF Qualifier on Betfred on Monday night. An opponent to my right goes all in pre-flop. I'm holding K10o with the only option being going all in too or folding. I decide to do the former and the rest of the table folds. Cards are shown and my opponent is holding 9Ko. Flop leaves me holding two pair... river leaves the jammy SOB to my right holding a straight! :wall :puke

• 1 month later...

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I know that it was a risk with possibly Kings and Aces flopping but the winning hand....WTF was he doing there????? :wall:wall Table "SixPak10 1186177 - 1" Seat 6 is the button. Seat 1: luckyone7 (1233 in chips) Seat 2: Wembley66 (1000 in chips) Seat 3: Jamer (858 in chips) Seat 4: Jay011 (654 in chips) Seat 5: friskyfit (768 in chips) Seat 6: kinglfc (1487 in chips) luckyone7: posts small blind 15 Wembley66: posts big blind 30 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to friskyfit [Qs Qd] Jamer: folds Jay011: calls 30 friskyfit: raises to 60 kinglfc: raises to 90 luckyone7: folds Wembley66: raises to 1000 and is all-in Jay011: folds friskyfit: is all-in 708 kinglfc: calls 910 ----- FLOP ----- [Ad 2s 9c] ----- TURN ----- [Ad 2s 9c][Kd] ----- RIVER ----- [Ad 2s 9c Kd][9s] ----- SHOW DOWN ----- Wembley66: shows [9d 6s] (Three of a kind, Nines, Ace high) friskyfit: shows [Qs Qd] (Two Pairs, Queens and Nines, Ace high) kinglfc: shows [Ac Kh] (Two Pairs, Aces and Kings, Nine high) Wembley66 collected 464 from Side pot #1 Wembley66 collected 2349 from Main pot ----- SUMMARY ----- Total pot 2813 Main pot 2349 Side pot #1 464 | Rake 0 Board [Ad 2s 9c Kd 9s] Seat 1: luckyone7 (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: Wembley66 (big blind) showed [9d 6s] and won (2813) with Three of a kind, Nines, Ace high Seat 3: Jamer folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: Jay011 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: friskyfit lost Seat 6: kinglfc (button) lost :puke