** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

Sir Puntalot

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Had a bad beat - come and have a moan here You know what?? I'm pissed just spent 2 hours doubling my $50 buy in at VC poker to see it nearly wiped out by 4 repeat FOUR mudderfcuking bad beats I don't even want to talk about them .Idiots calling $5 dollar reraises with K3 and I have JJ with J 7 3 on the board of course river and turn are both 3 3 .The fact that these ppl will go broke calling these bets is NO GOOD TO ME.

Re: Had a bad beat - come and have a moan here

The fact that these ppl will go broke calling these bets is NO GOOD TO ME.
If you are playing at a level which your bankroll can absorb then they are very good to you. If not then you are playing with the wrong stakes.

Re: Had a bad beat - come and have a moan here Alright Paul, sorry to hear you didnt progress further in the rounders but you did well to get there :ok In regards to whether it was a 'beat' or not :lol ive a rule. OF COURSE theres no cut and dry rule as to whats a 'bad beat' or not but I think this rule applies to me.... Its only a bad beat if when you got your money in you were the significant favourite

Re: Had a bad beat - come and have a moan here

He was 67% pre flop and I was 87% after the flop' date=' if that wasn't a bad beat you need you're head testing mate. :lol[/quote'] Paul, he was 67% when the chips went in. That is not a bad beat - he was favourite.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

and after the flop he was an 8/1 shot!
So if the chips had gone in after the flop, not before you would have had a case. With the chips going in pre flop you are wrong - no bad beat. Annoying, yes, but you weren't unlucky.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Actually Paul, while I'd hate to be seen to be encouraging dave to argue (not that he needs any encouragementlaugh4.gif) , he's actually right. Its only a bad beat if you were ahead when the money went in, then suffered a reverse of fortune - as once you have gone all in its down to random luck. If you had gone all-in after seeing the flop then it would have been considered a bad beat ........... as you would have been well ahead. But you were behind when the money went in so what you had was basically bloody annoying, you get a great flop, you think you are going to win, things are going well .................. then the river card gives you a big kick in the bollocksfrown2.gif Its cruel because you have just got your hopes up............. but its not a bad beat ........... sorry embarassed.gif

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Sorry Paul but I agree with Dave here. The fact is that when you put all your chips in, the other guy was the favourite. It doesnt matter if neither of you hit any of the 5 cards in the middle and he wins with a pair of jacks, or if the flop comes AAT and he gets jacks on the turn and river to beat your full house with 4 of a kind, the point is that when you both put your money in he was favourite. What if the flop came 89T, the turn was a 7 and the river an ace? It is an identical situation, i.e. you are both all-in pre-flop, and he would win with a straight despite you making 2 pair on the river. Would you consider that a bad beat? The way I see it, the order of the cards doesn't make any difference if you are all in, and because he was favourite when you both put your money in means you can't really have any complaints about him beating you. Having said all this, it is bloody annoying when you hit your overcard and "take the lead" only for you to be overtaken again, but you need to realise that you hitting your ace and ten on the flop was very lucky. Put yourself in the other guys shoes. If you had JJ and were up against AT, and the guy with AT hit an ace and a ten on the flop and beat you, how would you feel? I reckon you'd make a "sticky" thread on punterslounge about bad beats to get it of your chest wink2.gif It's important to be honest with yourself and correctly identify what is bad play and what is a bad beat. In this case i'd say going all-in with AT was not bad play, and I suppose it's bad luck that you were up against a good hand, although not bad luck that the hand beat you. Anyway i'm gonna go do some poker reading to prepare myself for playing a few MTTs this evening happy.gif. I hope this isn't a thread I will need to post on too regularly although i'll probably be on here later when my pocket aces get beaten by 49os later :rollin Kaz cheers.gif

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Just finished 300 in Betfred's $250 Freeroll Freezeout. Wouldn't have minded so much as it was my first go at it but my last 2 hands were AA and KA and still couldn't win a damn thing!! Oh, the injustice of it al...!

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I may have been to blame and possibly underplayed the hand but I had to fight not to do a Hellmuth on this guy. Why the FCUK was he calling?!?!? Game #767752893: Texas Hold'em No Limit (25/50) - 2005/07/09 - 23:42:48 (GMT)Table "Tourney 792400 - 3" Seat 10 is the button. Seat 1: Ari2202 (1045 in chips) Seat 2: WFTE (1385 in chips) Seat 3: Sunts (5025 in chips) Seat 4: Iansew001 (1975 in chips) Seat 5: robert99 (1450 in chips) Seat 6: Mr_bump (2695 in chips) Seat 7: Joh100727 (1565 in chips) Seat 8: Clarky006 (1735 in chips) Seat 9: lace42 (1805 in chips) Seat 10: Newlands (1555 in chips) Ari2202: posts small blind 25 WFTE: posts big blind 50 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to WFTE [Ac Ts] Sunts: folds Iansew001: calls 50 robert99: calls 50 Mr_bump: folds Joh100727: calls 50 Clarky006: raises to 100 lace42: folds Newlands: folds Ari2202: calls 75 WFTE: calls 50 Iansew001: calls 50 robert99: calls 50 Joh100727: calls 50 ----- FLOP ----- [Ad 4d 8h] Ari2202: checks WFTE: bets 150 Iansew001: folds robert99: folds Joh100727: folds Clarky006: folds Ari2202: calls 150 ----- TURN ----- [Ad 4d 8h][3h] Ari2202: checks WFTE: bets 200 Ari2202: calls 200 ----- RIVER ----- [Ad 4d 8h 3h][5d] Ari2202: bets 595 and is all-in WFTE: calls 595 ----- SHOW DOWN ----- Ari2202: shows [5h 4h] (Two Pairs, Fives and Fours, Ace high) WFTE: shows [Ac Ts] (A Pair of Aces, Ten high) Ari2202 collected 2490 from Main pot :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

> sosacubs2121 posted small blind (640) > friskyfitz went all-in for 880 (with AA) > Game # 416,932,598 starting. > Dealing Hole Cards > GoldnBoy folded > sosacubs2121 called for 240 > Dealing the Flop(A§4¨6¨) > Dealing the turn(5¨) > Dealing the river(8©) sosacubs2121> lol > sosacubs2121 wins 1,760 with a Straight, Nine high > friskyfitz has left the tournament in 3rd place
Turbo $20 5 seat...just thought it was funny as I need to survive and got AA he was all-in from the blind with 97o. First card on the flop is an ACE the rest is history angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here just to continue...

> sosacubs2121 wins 1,520 with a Flush, Spades > GoldnBoy has left the tournament in 2nd place, winning $30 > sosacubs2121 has left the tournament in 1st place, winning $70
the Fcuker won and all banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here i know its not a bad beat as such but i love these turbo tables as most people dont play them much and mess around with 20 chips raises not realising that in 3 mins the blinds will be 800/1600 and I generally stay out of the action and let the others burn themselves out as the blinds go up rapidly. only tend to join in when 2 left and payout is definate. not real poker I hear you say but it is profitable happy.gif

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Two hands yesterday. 10 STT table. Beginning. Both the same situation. Hand 1. Im on BB holding 78o. Only one guy calls. Flop Kh 8h 4h. Check, check. 8 on turn. I go 200, guy all in, I call. He shows 2 hearts :eyes. Fair enough. Hand 2. I just call guy on BB. I have A2, flop 10 2 2. I play 200, guy all in, I call. Guy shows 10 2. Gimme a break :(.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Theres no end to this fokin Prima joke site :@ :@ :@. Rounders 2. Two hands one after another. Guy on short stack 22 all in against KQ. He catches 2 on flop, but other gets flush on river with his K. Next dealing I get 55 (short stuck) all in against KQ. There comes J J 8 8. Come on ffs!!! Sorry for whinging, just nothing goes my way lately :\.