** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps - Friday July 14th

825 Chepstow

Carol NAP 15/8 Paddy Power

Silvestre De Sousa goes to Chepstow on Friday Night and should make his trip worthwhile with a victory on board Carol for trainer Ed Dunlop. To be fair she had been a bit frustrating but won nicely last time out over C/D and it seems a good decision to bring her back here. De Sousa has ridden her before (twice) so knows the filly well and I expect her to improve now she has got her head in front.

Newmarket 1.50 Tommy G @ 33/1 bet365 e/w if non runner Funding Deficit @ 66/1 bet365 e/w thanks

I did Tommy Taylor 2nd yesterday in write up so I 'll stick with another Tommy from my local trainer ,

Tommy G...from Jim Goldie yard this is the kind of races Jim targets horses for as he's looking to get e/w price money and if lucky in these big fields he may even get a win at big prices ,

He saddles a 4yo been a winner at 7f on good to firm ground at Ayr in his 2nd race this season that was only his 3rd run at that distance as he had two 3rd place finishes in his first two races on a racetrack over 7f as a 3yo , Jim been running him in his other races over 5 and 6 furlongs.

He ran 4 days ago at Ayr 6f GS when he finished 3.5 lengths behind Dark Defender when fifth of 13 runners a race that he was running on so hopefully just a prep race and this is main event with a extra furlong with young Joey Haynes in saddle , Jim also runs Funding Deficit with Josephine Gordon in saddle at double the odds of (Tommy G 33/1)

3.00 Newmarket. Atkinson Grimshaw 1pt win 12/1 bet365

Won very easily last time albeit in a class 4 but looks worth a go in this higher grade. Could have been raised more given the ease of his victory and possibly underestimated. I was expecting something like 7/1 so 12s is a bit of value imo.