** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

July 17 - July 23

Elias Ymer to beat Fernando Verdasco at 4.00 with bet365

Noway Elias should be at 4.00 in this matchup. He's playing at his favourite surface where he's played the past week in the challenger event at the same place that is Bastad. No travel time for Elias and he's got a match against a player coming from gras who can be a bit lacklustre at times in matches like this. I remember his brother beat him in Stockholm last season in straight sets so I can easily see another triump for one of the Ymer brothers here.

Ramkumar Ramanathan to beat (-1.5 sets) Christoffer Eubanks at 2.10 with bet365

Ramkumar coming into Newport with good form after reaching the Winnetka final where he lost in straight sets but now I'd say he's got a good chance of a straight sets win himself. The american has just started playing in june this season where he's reached two futures finals winning one and losing the final in the other against Tommy Paul in straight sets. Tommy is ranked around 400 so I don't see why Ramkumar shouldn't be a bigger favourite then 1.50 in this match. The risk of setbetting feels like it could be worth it this time.

Dustin Brown to beat Thomaz Bellucci at 2.37 with bet365

I don't know what Thomaz was up to this past week when he lost to Gastao Elias in straight sets having failed to serve out the first set. He's so awful right now Thomaz that I can't give him any chance whatsoever to beat Dustin who he never has beaten without Dustin retireing. When Dustin didn't retire in Gstaad last summer he beat Thomaz. The reputation Thomaz has doesn't make him an automatic winner. And Dustin should have a quite good reputation of winning matches like this so the odds doesn't make sense to me.

Mikael Ymer to beat Henri Laaksonen at 2.62 with bet365 

After Mikaels show last week in Bastad I think he's worth a bet. He will climb on the ranking and if it's anywhere he should climb more then he already has since last week it's in the Swedish open. If he beats Henri he will be awarded with a mutch tougher match against Pablo Cuevas. He's been given a wildcard ofcourse along with his brother Elias and I expect great things from him in the future. He's been playing good tennis in Bastad and should continue with a first round win.

2 PICKS FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW MATCHES:

ATP CHALLENGER POZNAN MAJCHRZAK-FAYZIEV 2:0 SETS @ 1.55 on several bookies
Local player Majrchrzak was one of the top juniors a coupel of years ago, and winning a lot of matches on clay on ATP Challengers level. Fayziev has an attacking game not suitable for clay.

WTA BUCHAREST KOZLOVA-CRISTIAN 2:0 SETS @ 1.36 pinnacle
Expect an easy win against local wild-card player.

Back Adam Pavlasek to beat Guido Andreozzi at 1.76 with Pinnacle

Andreozzi looks a touch overrated to me here, as Pavlasek is a quality player when on song. The Czech should have more than enough motivation for this after the decent Wimbledon performances and the first few rounds here, so I'd have him at 1.57.

Back Hugo Nys (+5) to beat Quentin Halys at 1.83 with Pinnacle

Have a feeling that this could be quite tight, as Halys has been rather average lately. Nys, on the other hand, has been playing very well in the doubles - and that could translate into a reasonable performance here.

Bleh. Taking this for tomorrow though.

Back Daniel Brands to beat Stefano Napolitano at 2.32 with Marathonbet

Gstaad is typically fairly quick, so Brands should have every chance of beating Napolitano imo. Notably, he also has some very good memories regarding Gstaad, as he beat Federer here back in 2013. I don't expect him to go far this time around, but he certainly has what it takes to qualify for the main draw.

Czech any opinion on the two wta finals today? Anett should get the job done..but she is well capable of losing it as proven in her match against woz in wimbeldon..30-0 up serving for the match went on to lose in 3..final set being 6-1. Thats the only thing throwing me off from backing her. your opinion?

3 minutes ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

Czech any opinion on the two wta finals today? Anett should get the job done..but she is well capable of losing it as proven in her match against woz in wimbeldon..30-0 up serving for the match went on to lose in 3..final set being 6-1. Thats the only thing throwing me off from backing her. your opinion?

She's the rightful favourite, but I think the odds are completely correct really, especially with Bertens having more experience. Personally, I'm happy to stay away, but I'll be rooting for Bertens, as I have her to finish the season in the Top32 or so. No idea in Bucharest, I've stopped caring about that event after R1 :loon.