** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

British Grand Prix

Silverstone, Sunday July 16th

A quick turn around in world of F1 as the British GP at Silverstone follows hot on the heels of Austria. It's a race Lewis Hamilton has completely dominated over the last three seasons and he could really do with a bit of luck just about now.
Last week he had to take a 5 place grid penalty and ended up losing more ground on his rival Sebastian Vettel in the championship standings. Vettel now leads by 20pts but the bookies cant split them and are both generally Even money in  for the World Championship although Skybet are being a bit sneaky by making them both a shade of odds against in the lead up to this weekend.

Stats

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 08.36.03.png

As you can see by the stats we have had a Safety Car for the last four years, coincidentally when the world went Health & Safety mad. Last year the race was started under a SC due to heavy rain. It's 8/13 that we see a fifth consecutive SC and with a dry forecast that price looks skinny to me.

We often get plenty of retirements here, five of the last seven races yo would have been paid out on the 'unders'. We are looking at 8/11 with Hills and Betfred for under 15.5 this week and thats about right. I'm not sure if its because we have two races within a week that cars have more reliability problems or not?

Anyway for the race itself Hamilton can be backed at Even money with Stan James and Vettel a big looking 5/2 with Paddy Power. The forgotten man Bottas is 11/2 generally, he did us a favour last week and is now just 15pts behind Hamilton in third place. he can go well again. I've always liked Daniel Riccardo here at Silverstone, I remember his Toro Rosso days and he always got the best out of his car, i'm expecting a big run from him this week, just need to find a suitable bet.
I see he's 11/4 to get on the Podium and 1/2 to finish in the top 6, maybe the Podium is the way to go.

Early bets

D.Ricciardo Podium 11/4 Bet365
Under 15.5 Finisher 8/11 Hills

:ok

Lewis Hamilton dominated proceedings in qualifying and as expected is now a long odds on favourite to get back to winning ways at Silverstone tomorrow. You can get a bit of 8/15 with Hills but is generally a 4/9 chance.
According to the Met Office the weather will be dull but mainly dry so I dont think we will have any problems like last year and Hamilton will be hard to beat by the looks of it.

I'm not a player at those odds and my bet on Ricciardo to get on the Podium has hit the buffers after he firstly got a 5 place Grid penalty and then had to pull out of Q1 so will start on the back row with Alonso.

Looking for value is pretty hard but the 16/1 about Max Verstappen is quite tempting, I do think Red Bull have a decent race package. He's 6/4 to get on the podium and only has to get past one Ferrari to achieve that. Ricciardo is 4/6 to get up into the points which should be quite easy for him and it will be interesting to see what strategy he picks.

Red Bull bets:

Verstappen EW 16/1 Bet365
Verstappen Podium 6/4 Skybet
Ricciardo Points 4/6 Bet365

:ok