** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Aug 11th - 13th

On 07/08/2017 at 8:05 PM, sajtion said:

i think burnley is going to beat chelsea 3-2 because i don't think chelsea is ready for new season at all. they can't replace costa with morata. he is going to flop in premiership. they sold matic who was crucial to their defense. hazard is probably negotiating with real madrid already and the team haven't signed enough players. i am taking double chance on burnley also because they will score 

I really can't see that happening, sajtion. Burnley have sold their best defender and their main source of goals last season. I think if one team will struggle to hit the ground running it will be them. I think Chelsea will win 1-0 or 2-0. I think Conte will opt for Batshuayi up top because he's looked decent in pre-season and Morata might not be match fit yet to start. Chelsea to win to nil for me.

On 2017-08-01 at 11:18 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

Question to anyone that's supporting or backing Manchester United this season. Is signing Matic the missing piece in the jigsaw puzzle? Are the Red Devils now the team to beat and will they begin their campaign with a solid win on the opening weekend? Is it worth backing a win to nil?

I would never back United to nil. There is certainly a positive atmosphere around the team that hasent been present since SAF left. But there is still too much incompetence in the defensive positioning.
I have watched the friendlies and its obvious that Lindelöf is not accustomed yet. Meanwhile Baily (the best centerback we have) is injured,  Rojo is injured and Smalling and Jones are still unreliable and shaky. 

Mourinho tried playing with 3 at the back against Real Madrid and it was absolutly horrible. They got back in to the game only after going back to 4-5-1.
So either he will try it again or have a hard time selecting a left back. Darmian? Blind? I would not bet on a clean sheet with that.

Im also impressed with West Hams squad this season, I think they will do well and finish at 8-4 place.

Edited by DW_United

6 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I really can't see that happening, sajtion. Burnley have sold their best defender and their main source of goals last season. I think if one team will struggle to hit the ground running it will be them. I think Chelsea will win 1-0 or 2-0. I think Conte will opt for Batshuayi up top because he's looked decent in pre-season and Morata might not be match fit yet to start. Chelsea to win to nil for me.

yeah i think you might be right. burnley will go down this year but conte is not happy with his team. it will be interesting to see how things will turn out for chelsea tomorrow. conte is a defensive manager and even if chelsea are still short of players they will probably get the win in end.

18 hours ago, The Sexless Innkeeper said:

Watford v Liverpool

Again, Liverpool brought in Salah who is immense but Coutinho situation is becoming more and more serious and Watford are not bad team at all, especially with Silva at helm. Liverpool defense is shaky with Matip, Lovren and Klavan their only senior CB options. Here I'll be also looking at home team over 0.5 goals @1.62

I agree that Liverpool's defence looks shaky, but I wonder who's going to do Watford's goals when Deeney is out? I think he's a very important striker for them and Watford has struggled to score goals for all pre-season: just 5 goals in 6 matches. Ok, Andre Gray comes from Burnley to help Watford, but I don't rate him as high as Deeney, and Gray has to settle in to the squad first too.

To me it feels that Watford will suffer at least in the beginning of the season, they need Deeney back as soon as possible. Liverpool has a long list of players who can score goals from left and right, and they looked really dangerous in the pre-season. To me the bet for this match could be Liverpool with the -1,5 handicap, I think they can easily outscore Watford tonight.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Liverpool have won their last 4 away games in Premier League.

Man City have won their last 4 games in Premier League.

Southampton have failed to score in their last 5 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 24 Football Betting Streaks for 12.08.2017 on this link ... Euro Football Rumours: Streaks for 12.08.2017

2 hours ago, Judeksi said:

I agree that Liverpool's defence looks shaky, but I wonder who's going to do Watford's goals when Deeney is out? I think he's a very important striker for them and Watford has struggled to score goals for all pre-season: just 5 goals in 6 matches. Ok, Andre Gray comes from Burnley to help Watford, but I don't rate him as high as Deeney, and Gray has to settle in to the squad first too.

To me it feels that Watford will suffer at least in the beginning of the season, they need Deeney back as soon as possible. Liverpool has a long list of players who can score goals from left and right, and they looked really dangerous in the pre-season. To me the bet for this match could be Liverpool with the -1,5 handicap, I think they can easily outscore Watford tonight.

Liverpool still remain a side that I feel could slip up against the so-called "weaker" teams. Klopp certainly gets his players pumped for the big games and he loves it when teams attack but he's still not shown evidence of being able to solve puzzles teams give him when they sit back and force the Reds to apply the pressure. I had expected Klopp to do more business in the transfer window and I think the failure to do so combined with the anticipated potential loss of Coutinho could be a problem. Not saying they'll do awfully but I don't think they will finish higher than 4th unless they seriously invest in some more creativity in the middle and another centre back. It will be tough here. Watford have a very good squad this season and I'm tipping them as dark horses to finish top 10. I can't call this one. I'm going to shirk it and say a draw.

I think that Citizens will start season with really high tempo. I am pretty sure that Brighton's defence won't hold too long. I know that a goal from home team can complicate things, but I am pretty sure that Pep will start with 100% and that City will be in front already in the first half.

PICK: Manchester City 1st half -0,5 @1,84 

EVERTON v STOKE

What effect will losing Lukaku have on goal production ? I think his goals will be sorely missed this season, and Man United got a good deal. Everton are trying to make the step up into the big 4 or 5, but it is a tough nut to crack. They are strengthening, but the big teams are also adding resources. How good is Koeman, when compared to Pep, Jose and Conte ? I am not sure... 

Have Everton really bought that well ? It remains to be seen, but it feels similar to van Gaal's time at United, when many average/good players were bought. At the level Everton wish to get to, you need world class players. They have added very good depth to the squad, but I am not sure they have the quality to beat the top teams. Everton, with many new arrivals will take time to get going. They may struggle for goals for the 1st month of the season. 

There has been a clear out at SToke, and I think they will battle this season. Goals hard to come by, especially on the road. What is Mark Hughes's plan ? I just don't see an open goal feast here, in what will probably be a tight game. 

I like the NO to both to score here at odds of 1.9

2 hours ago, DW_United said:

I Agree, too many question marks lying over Liverpool. I found 2.0 for Watford +1. Placed a bet with medium stakes. I think there is fair value as I dont think Liverpool will win with more than 1 goal

Left it bloody late didn't they! :lol

Still, will take that as an early kick-off win!

Hmm...

Everton has drawn their last 4 season's opening match

Stoke 6 consecutive under 2.5 from their last 6 season's opening match

Unclear what impact will Rooney has on the Everton but considering Stoke's dodgy performance, I am inclined towards the statistics as above and pick under 2.5 for this match

Edited by mrclubbie

26 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Left it bloody late didn't they! :lol

Still, will take that as an early kick-off win!

Didnt see the game. But looks like another crazy one. What fantastic start of the league!
I was content with getting my monet back at 2-3, still felt like a value bet. But that late equaliser made the day

On 07/08/2017 at 8:05 PM, sajtion said:

i think burnley is going to beat chelsea 3-2 because i don't think chelsea is ready for new season at all. they can't replace costa with morata. he is going to flop in premiership. they sold matic who was crucial to their defense. hazard is probably negotiating with real madrid already and the team haven't signed enough players. i am taking double chance on burnley also because they will score 

On 11/08/2017 at 2:39 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

happened exactly like i thought it would

Is anybody else tempted by Newcastle today?
I think Totenham might do a weak season this year and can end up somewhere around the middle of the table.
They will have a weak spot at the wings today, with Walker sold to City and Trippier and Rose out.
Can Newcastle exploit it? Im thinking about Newcastle (Asian) +0,5 (2.35) or DNB 4.1 with low stakes.

Edit: Looks like Kyle Walker-Peters and Ben Davies are going to play as fullback. It will be intresting to see if they can handle Atsu/Perez/Gayle

Edited by DW_United

i think benitez is a good manager and newcastle are a good team. This will be a interesting game, maybe will be similar to the man city game, only i think newcastle can trouble spurs more than Brighton did city.

harry kane to score.

over 2.5

spurs nick it

@Mindfulness

You were right about seaweed clinging to the rocks whilst the great storm washed over them. We clung to the rocks for 70 mins though!

City were the best team I have ever seen play at the Amex. 

Interesting weekend, and in fairness to your lot, if Zaha & Benteke had their shooting boots on, it could have been 3-3.

I am very impressed with Wagner though, think he will go along way in management. Baffles me why Huddersfield made all those decent signings even though Brighton were 2 weeks ahead in the transfer market!

No good for getting any winning bets though was it!

7 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

@Mindfulness

Every cloud has a silver lining!

:@ You swine.

You would not believe the hysteria and hyperbole comming from Palace fans after this weekends result, just ridiculous.

de Boer has to be given time to develop the team. We may have to go through the pain barrier to make the transition but you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. Defensively Palace are going to be very sketchy in the opening rounds, folks are just gonna have to deal with it.

Huddersfield are very well drilled, everyone knows their role and they have a good chance of staying in this division. I agree with you that they've been very good in the summer transfer market also.

I tend not to bet much in the early rounds, prefer to watch as many games as I can and gather information. Most match betting is highly speculative early on as so many important factors are still unkown. I'm always on the lookout for opportunities but match betting is extremely sketchy early on.

On 14/08/2017 at 4:17 PM, Mindfulness said:

:@ You swine.

You would not believe the hysteria and hyperbole comming from Palace fans after this weekends result, just ridiculous.

de Boer has to be given time to develop the team. We may have to go through the pain barrier to make the transition but you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. Defensively Palace are going to be very sketchy in the opening rounds, folks are just gonna have to deal with it.

Huddersfield are very well drilled, everyone knows their role and they have a good chance of staying in this division. I agree with you that they've been very good in the summer transfer market also.

I tend not to bet much in the early rounds, prefer to watch as many games as I can and gather information. Most match betting is highly speculative early on as so many important factors are still unkown. I'm always on the lookout for opportunities but match betting is extremely sketchy early on.

I love the banter on here, really Brighton's up the day!

Sure the Palace fans are being as fickle as most other supporters would be after a result like that. They are no different to any others are they? But, yes you are right to hold off for a little while, until things settle down.  Going to lay off backing results myself, having a dabble on goals at the mo.

Just had to take my 1 opportunity to have a little gloat! I'm sure it won't be happening after next weekend.

Thanks for the sportsmanship, there are some good footballing folk on here that we can share a laugh with.