** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Football Predictions > Aug 4th - 6th

communityshieldodds.jpg

champodds.jpg

leagueoneodds.jpg

league2odds.jpg

splodds.jpg

scotchamp.jpg

The start of the 2017/18 Football League season officially kicks off one month from today! So to mark that upcoming date we are posting up the early bird odds for the opening weekend of fixtures. Feel free to put some early predictions and tips out there! :ok

@DW_United@sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, and @MuineBheag, it's almost time to get back into the mix guys! Let's hear some thoughts early doors! :drums

• 2 weeks later...

Right, we are now in the final run-up to this opening weekend of action. What are you guys all feeling? I've added the odds for the Scottish Championship as well. There wasn't really an appetite for Scottish Division 1 and 2 so haven't included them. I can change that if you all want me to though!

It's so close now you can almost smell it! :drums

wednesday were rubbish yesterday in their 2-0 loss to Rangers.

They looked pedestrian and the only spark came from forestieri who did not start.

Pudil who is a left back played centre half with lees with loovens coming on at half time.

There was a lack of pace and many aimless crosses into the box very few of which were won.

Preston at 21/10 with unibet looks decent value to me.

i am looking forward to new season so to get things started off i am going to tip my accumulator for the first round. i've had a thorough analysis of matches and decided to go for these. it's long shot i know but worth a try.

blackpool 
charlton
carlisle
coventry
exeter
luton
preston
accrington v colchester - both teams to score
fulham v norwich - both teams to score
sheff utd v brentford - both teams to score

£10 stake will return £25000

Hello everyone :cheers

Derby is a good value this weekend in my opinion, hell, even double chance x2 @1.57 looks good. I don't see Sunderland going back up immediately to be honest and I'm not convinced about Grayson. Count in a bad preseason and I can see them having trouble finding their feet. Derby is a good shout for promotion in my book and I fancy them for a good start.

I'll be also backing Aston Villa @2.10 this weekend, Bruce assembled a good squad and they are promotion contenders. Hull lost Davies and Huddlestone to Derby and honestly I expect Slutsky to struggle in Championship, calling it now no matter if everyone is raving about him.

And finally at Craven Cottage I expect goals this weekend, and maybe I will try draw for smaller stake. 1-1 correct score @6.40 is very tempting but my safest bet would be btts@1.65.

Early thoughts and it's only the first round but I'll be dipping my toes in the water this weekend and see what happens :hope

Easy start for me to the new season, will wait a few weeks until it settles down as some of the better teams are playing each other the the championship this weekend. One stand out bet, Nottingham Forest EVS against Millwall. Some good close season signings, they will have to much attacking power with Daryl Murphy,Jason Cummings and Velios up top and the attacking midfield/wing play of Zach Clough. Big home crowd. Millwall haven't really added to squad and a known quantity will struggle this season. For me a good opportunity to double your money early doors.

I generally put my selections on here for a few weeks and then fade away and turn up again the following year and do the same.

I'm back again but hopefully this season will be different. I'm going to work with a £2,000 bank which will equate to 100 points. Maximum bet will be 10pts. Hopefully being a bit more disciplined will keep me around for a bit longer.

So to start off

Difficult to tell how well these teams are going to play at this early stage of the season but when I look at the two squads I’d rather have Derby’s. Their squad looks like a good Championship team with plenty of experience at this level in it and plenty of goal scoring threats.  I’m also a big fan of Gary Rowett and what he has done with far more average players so feel Derby will have a good season.

Sunderland’s team on the other hand has been pulled apart from relegation and if pre-season is anything to go by, hasn’t gelled together yet. Sunderland look to be in free fall at the moment and whilst you can’t read too much into pre-season form, conceding 15 goals in their 8 games is not a great sign for them. It’s not the kind of form you want to be in when facing the likes of Matej Vydra and Chris Martin.

So I reckon this is an excellent opportunity for Derby to catch Sunderland out whilst they’re still sorting themselves out and pick up the 3 points

Derby to win 4pts @ 2.9 with Bet365

A brave bet @Bobby Vegas. Derby are the one team I think might need some time to get their form together. Rowett is one of the few managers around where you can have confidence he will get them at least mid-table but they have a feeling of transition about them. I think Rowett is an excellent appointment for the long-term but it might take them a few games to click. Like Birmingham, Aston Villa, Brentford, and Hull, I just don't want to touch them with a bargepole for the first few weeks.

I say that, every team I look at in the Championship has their pros and cons. This is going to be a very tough opening few weeks for us punters.

Bit annoyed with myself as I took the odds from Pinnacle at the beginning of the week to create a tissue market myself and Derby were 3.39. Had I looked over the fixtures a bit more I depth then I would have spotted a big bit of value IMO - certainly a 2pt gain on what I will get if they do win. Never mind, will make sure I learn from that.

Not sure it's that brave a bet. Rowett has been in charge since March so has had a bit of time to work with the squad. They've lost Will Hughes, Tom Ince and Cyrus Christie but have replaced it with quality in Andre Wisdom, Tom Huddlestone and Curtis Davies. Doesn't appear to be a huge overhaul of the team either compared to some others. If anything I picked them because of the stability. We'll see though.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to UK Football Predictions > Aug 4th - 6th

Sheffield Utd v Brentford FC

Sheffield Utd (last season): Ched Evans (f, newcomer), George Baldock (d, newcomer), James Hanson (13/1 f)(all doubtful), Simon Moore (43/0 first goalkeeper),

Brentford FC (last season): Sergi Canós (18/4 m, doubtful), Harlee Dean (42/3 d, suspended), Alan Judge (0/0 m), Lewis Macleod (13/0 m)

Wolverhampton v Middlesbrough

Wolverhampton (last season): Ivan Cavalerio (31/5 f, suspended), Kortney Hause (24/2 d), Helder Costa (35/10 m, top scorer), Phil Ofosu-Ayeh (d, newcomer), Ben Marshall (16/2 m), Jordan Graham (2/0 m)

Middlesbrough (last season): Gaston Ramírez (24/2 m, left the club)

Bradford City v Blackpool

Bradford City (last season): Charlie Wyke (19/7 f)

Blackpool (last season): Sean Longstaff (m, newcomer, probably in), Jim McAlister (22/0 m), Brad Potts (45/11 m, 2nd top scorer, left the club)

Charlton Athletic v Bristol Rovers

Charlton Athletic (last season): Lee Novak (29/2 f, doubtful), Harry Lennon (2/0 d), Lewis Page (8/0 d), Mark Marshall (d, newcomer)

Bristol Rovers: no absences

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I like the look of double chances on Brentford and Leeds away this weekend and a win for Bury against Walsall. Brentford impressed me last season, playing some creative passing football and have attacking options. I think Leeds with the likes of Chris Wood, Kemal roofe and Hernandez pulling the strings won't lose to Bolton. Bury again have to much in attack for Walsall if Beckford is on song and have goals in the team. Forest doubled £10 to £20 last night and £10 on the treble pays £37.19, small steps at this stage of the season for me. Best of luck everyone.

I kicked off the season last night withDerby to win, and a covering bet of the DC, so no losses there. I did fancy Derby to win , but after Darren Gibson said "we are shit" after the Celtic game, I thought that any manager would turn that into a positive to rally the troops. 

i also fancied Forest, but took them on the corner count instead. They won this 5-4, but I had them down at -1 on a handicap at 1.9!

staying away from results today, although I do like Exeter at home to beat Cambridge at 2/1.

Going for goals in the Championship

FUL V NOR BTTS & IPS V BIR U2.5  Double 2.66

BRI V BAR 02.5 & BTTS

FUL V NOR O2.5 & BTTS

IPS V BIR U2.5 & BTTS-NO

Treble pays 8.6

Good luck everyone & thanks god football is back!

Edited by Tiffy

here are some great bets today to win some money. my tips

bristol city to win and both teams to score

fulham norwich final score 2-2

peterborough to beat plymouth

shrewsbury v northampton both teams to score and over 2.5

charlton to win and to score both halves

blackpool to beat bradford by one goal or two goal difference

forest green v barnet both teams to score

port vale to win away match 1-2

chesterfield to beat grimsby

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UK leagues

Aston Villa have won their last 4 home games against Hull in all competitions.

Middlesbrough have won their last 4 games against Wolves in all competitions.

Oxford have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 games in League 1.

You can find interesting 25 Football Betting Streaks for 05.08.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-05-08-2017

some more

sheff utd v brentford - first half both teams to score

fulham v norwich - first half both teams to score

shrewsbury v northampton - first half both teams to score

forest green v barnet - first half both teams to score

accrington v colchester - first half both teams to score

£10 returns £30.000

Edited by sajtion

15 minutes ago, sajtion said:

some more

sheff utd v brentford - first half both teams to score

fulham v brentford - first half both teams to score

shrewsbury v northampton - first half both teams to score

forest green v barnet - first half both teams to score

accrington v colchester - first half both teams to score

£10 returns £30.000

Brentford are playing twice at two separate locations?

Arbroath to bt Queens Park Scot Lge 1  23/20 (Bet365)

Though they did not get out of their group in the cup comp they were up against Hibs, and Ross as well as Alloa and Montrose though Hibs beat then 6-1 they only lost on penalties to Ross. Queens Park are not the best travellers and have not won in the league away in their last 7 gmes.

Though head to head in recent games favour Queens Park I think home advantage will tell.

As there is nothing to really go on, form wise, it's a bit difficult to make an educated prediction. Small stakes on what I think might happen today, so here goes,

Cardiff City 7/5 at Burton. Burton are up against it again this season and have been handed a tough assignment against Cardiff. Warnock is a wiley old type and if anyone knows how to win promotion and get teams playing well it's him. Think Cardiff will have a decent season, I've backed them in my ante post bet for promotion and think they'll get off with a win today.

Brentford are now a solid Championship side and they are up at Sheffield United today who seem to have a few injuries to key players. Wilder hasn't managed at this level so I just wonder how he'll go. Fancy Brentford today.

Bury are priced at 21/10 at home to Walsall, am I missing something here? I fancy Bury to do well this time and Lee Clark has made some decent signings, they have some decent goalscoring strikers Ajose and Beckford, Harry Bunn joined yesterday from my team Huddersfield, he will do well for them.  The loss of Vaughan is a big one but the 900k will allow a few signings to come in.

Finally Exeter are decently priced at home to Cambridge. Losing last year's play off finalists and they'll be in the shake up again.

Cardiff, Brentford, Bury and Exeter.

18 minutes ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

As there is nothing to really go on, form wise, it's a bit difficult to make an educated prediction. Small stakes on what I think might happen today, so here goes,

Cardiff City 7/5 at Burton. Burton are up against it again this season and have been handed a tough assignment against Cardiff. Warnock is a wiley old type and if anyone knows how to win promotion and get teams playing well it's him. Think Cardiff will have a decent season, I've backed them in my ante post bet for promotion and think they'll get off with a win today.

Brentford are now a solid Championship side and they are up at Sheffield United today who seem to have a few injuries to key players. Wilder hasn't managed at this level so I just wonder how he'll go. Fancy Brentford today.

Bury are priced at 21/10 at home to Walsall, am I missing something here? I fancy Bury to do well this time and Lee Clark has made some decent signings, they have some decent goalscoring strikers Ajose and Beckford, Harry Bunn joined yesterday from my team Huddersfield, he will do well for them.  The loss of Vaughan is a big one but the 900k will allow a few signings to come in.

Finally Exeter are decently priced at home to Cambridge. Losing last year's play off finalists and they'll be in the shake up again.

Cardiff, Brentford, Bury and Exeter.

Totally agree about us, Kenton. Nobody is even backing us to make the play-offs. Every predictions table I have seen has got us finishing outside the top 10 which I find staggering given that we have a strong spine to our team, more depth than last season, and Warnock still in charge. The only exit of any note was McGregor. I can't even say Whittingham will be a big loss on the quality front. Loved the guy but he was hardly having an impact in games any more and that's even when he was playing.

Ward looks like a great addition and Damour could be the buy of the summer if he continues his pre-season form. Provided we win our home games and draw our away games that's all we want. Bar the odd result here and there. So I'd take a draw today but really think we should be looking to win.

We are 2.45 for the win today and Zohore is 2.60 as an anytime scorer.

17 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Totally agree about us, Kenton. Nobody is even backing us to make the play-offs. Every predictions table I have seen has got us finishing outside the top 10 which I find staggering given that we have a strong spine to our team, more depth than last season, and Warnock still in charge. The only exit of any note was McGregor. I can't even say Whittingham will be a big loss on the quality front. Loved the guy but he was hardly having an impact in games any more and that's even when he was playing.

Ward looks like a great addition and Damour could be the buy of the summer if he continues his pre-season form. Provided we win our home games and draw our away games that's all we want. Bar the odd result here and there. So I'd take a draw today but really think we should be looking to win.

We are 2.45 for the win today and Zohore is 2.60 as an anytime scorer.

Well just remember what we did last season, everyone backed us to go down....even you Stevie mate lol.