** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLS > Jun 30th - Jul 2nd

StevieDay1983

mlsratings.jpg

Chicago Fire are the in-form side right now with no defeat in their last 9 league games. 7 of those matches have seen them prevail victorious. New York City FC have also won their last three league matches on the bounce which is impressive. Worth backing both of these sides to win this weekend even though the value isn't outstanding.

@Setup, @vasilli07, @Icongene, @Tiffy, @andrewcalo, and @jamiedavies02, what do you guys think ahead of these games? Vasilli, I know you backed Fire last week. Tempted again? A lot of inconsistent form flying around at the moment. Out of the 22 teams in the MLS, 13 of those have had differing outcomes (win, loss, or draw) over their previous two matches. Tough calls all round.

Got to say this week fixtures are tough. I liked Houston but their second and third top goal scorers(Elis and Quito) are unavailable because of international duty.

Atalanta United DNB 3.24/+0.5 2.09(pinnacle)

I'm going to take a risk this week, splitting my unit into two. Atlanta hasn't been playing too well lately when playing on the road but their high pressing style could force Crew backline into mistakes. While Atalanta played in midweek, their front four(Almiron, Asad, Villalba and Martinez) are rested so they should all play in this game. Columbus Crew is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you could be getting from them each week so there is always a good chance that they won't turn up after their big win against Montreal. :hope

Edited by vasilli07

Odds seem to be dropping so I will post the Wed game first. Let's see if we can make it two in a row with Hotlanta.

Atlanta -1 @ 2.11(marathonbet)

Earthquakes Anibal Godoy has left to join up with the Panama national team that is likely to leave them abit short in the central midfield area. While both teams are on a 3 games a week schedule, Earthquakes are likely to be more tired. Players like Imperiale, Yueill, Hyka(77 minutes against Sounders) and Wondolowski have already play 90 minutes in the last two games. Being a cross country game as well, the travelling will add on the extra burden. Atlanta frightening front four(Almiron, Asad, Villalba and Martinez) should be ready to go again as it will only be their second game. Earthquakes is rather woeful on the road(2W-1D-5W) and I believe Atalanta should be able to pick up another win at home before the Gold Cup break begins. :hope

Edited by vasilli07