** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

June 26 - July 2

I will take Konta @2.22 against Pliskova.

Konta is on fire in Eastbourne and I don't expect her to stop today against Pliskova who is struggling on grass since 2 weeks.
Konta just beat Ostapenko and Kerber. That's a strong performance.

On the other hand, Pliskova lost against Bellis (!!) last week 6/3 6/2 in Mallorca... And suffered in the last 2 rounds this week against Peng and yesterday against Kuznetsova where she could have lost it. She played a 2hours and 20 minutes game with 235 balls against Kuznetsova...! I expect her to be a little bit tired...

Konta lost last year in semi final against Pliskova so it's time for the revenge!

1 hour ago, radicaly said:

I will take Konta @2.22 against Pliskova.

Konta is on fire in Eastbourne and I don't expect her to stop today against Pliskova who is struggling on grass since 2 weeks.
Konta just beat Ostapenko and Kerber. That's a strong performance.

On the other hand, Pliskova lost against Bellis (!!) last week 6/3 6/2 in Mallorca... And suffered in the last 2 rounds this week against Peng and yesterday against Kuznetsova where she could have lost it. She played a 2hours and 20 minutes game with 235 balls against Kuznetsova...! I expect her to be a little bit tired...

Konta lost last year in semi final against Pliskova so it's time for the revenge!

It still remains a very dicey pick which ever player you chose to back for the win.  Betwise this is how I see it. Both of them have very potent and reliable first serves with Pliskova's being the more reliable. It would seem rather unlikely for anyone of them to win without going over 12.5 in total player games. In fact there is a very high chance of both players to go over 12.5 games. I am however siding with Pliskova over 12.5 games 8/11

18 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Anastasia Potapova to beat Elizaveta Kulichkova at 2.62 with bet365

Why is current junior no.1 Anastasia Potapova priced 2.62 against Elizaveta Kulichova? I mean she's good and coming strong now. I'd beware of this girl because she's got some great skills. Elizaveta has no form at all last two seasons and she's still looking for her big breakthrough. I think Potapova wins this and she might also do some damage in the maindraw.

Anastasia Potapova as a junior 15 years old is the reigning  Wimbledon junior championships champion and Nike Junior International Roehampton champion which is played just a week before Wimbledon junior championships in 2016 and Roehampton is where the Wimbledon qualifiers are played. She also reached the quarter final in Wimbledon junior championships at her first attempt in 2015 14 years old. Now she's 16 and as I said she's coming strong here. I strongly believe she will beat Elizaveta Kulichkova who only has played in the Wimbledon junior championships once in 2012 and she went out in the second round. Anastasia outclassed everyone in straight sets in last seasons Wimbledon junior championships including Kayla Day in the semis who she beat by 5-7 6-2 6-0. I think we might have an unpolished grass diamond in Anastasia.

Well done four-leaf...! I took Potapova at 3.. Just put 50 euros for 'fun' and it went quite easily. :)

Back Karolina Pliskova to beat Caroline Wozniacki at 1.70 with Pinnacle

Pliskova tends to be very reliable in the finals and the day off isn't going to hurt either, so I think that the 1.70 that's on offer is worth taking. Wozniacki has been better than expected, but Pliskova should be a much tougher test than Halep on this surface.

9 hours ago, radicaly said:

ok then, she was more tired that Pliskova.. :)

Jo Konta hurt her back in her last match and didn't dare to play ahead of Wimbledon so as a precaution she gave Karolina Pliskova a walkover.

Edited by four-leaf

Adrian Mannarino to beat Yuichi Sugita at 1.80 with bet365

Mannarino are acctually the better of these two. Can't belive in Yuichi to notch his first ATP title on grass against such a good grassplayer that Adrian acctually is. Yuichi has played well on the grass so far ofcourse but his run to the final was as easy as it gets. Matt Ebden -> David Ferrer -> Dan Altmaier -> retireing Baggy

That compared to Adrians road to the final beating far better players in Borna Coric -> Mo Safwat -> Nando Verdasco -> Andreas Seppi.

Only Mo Safwat is the easier part of Adrians draw. So all in all I belive he takes the title.

2 hours ago, owenclass said:

I think Pliskova will beat Wozniacki as her serve will win her cheap points and she will too good for her on this surface

I doubt that very much in my opinion. Pliskova is wrongly priced at 8/13 depending on whether that means anything to you . For me it is huge. Secondly Wozniacki leads the h2h 4-1 and looks like she could still conquer Pliskova even on grass. And finally, I do not think Pliskova is as dogged as Wozniacki. Wozniacki looks the hungrier and after taking out the home girl, will be confident to beat Pliskova. Pliskova really is too passive and restrained to even summon up the bottle to win........and I dare her to prove me wrong.  Woz in three. Verdict!!!

Edited by liquidglass

As much as i dislike the idea of backing  KaPlis in another final, after she has lost me money so many times.I would still feel the value would be in backing her. Woz is a ball pusher and wont attack. She would just be expecting KaPlis to make errors. KaPlis can win easy points on her serve and on woz's second serve she can absolutely murder the returns and push her under pressure. Pliskova with her head screwed on right can make it an easy final. Think she takes it in two sets.

+4.5 handicap seems too much for Monfils. Wins against mid-level players such as Young and Medvedev cannot convince me for Djokovic's form. On the other hand Monfils played really good game against Gasquet and we know that he can be a very competitive player when he decides to. I am not expecting Frenchmen to win it but he can take a set or play a very close two sets and cover the handicap.

Monfils (+4.5) 1.95 at Marathon

11 hours ago, liquidglass said:

I doubt that very much in my opinion. Pliskova is wrongly priced at 8/13 depending on whether that means anything to you . For me it is huge. Secondly Wozniacki leads the h2h 4-1 and looks like she could still conquer Pliskova even on grass. And finally, I do not think Pliskova is as dogged as Wozniacki. Wozniacki looks the hungrier and after taking out the home girl, will be confident to beat Pliskova. Pliskova really is too passive and restrained to even summon up the bottle to win........and I dare her to prove me wrong.  Woz in three. Verdict!!!

I think its time for you to eat your humble pie mister. not trying to gloat or anything after my win. I had no problem with your post until you said "i dare her to prove me wrong" That statement proved that you made the post about yourself and not the match itself. You call KaPlis's style too passive..what does that make woz's style? strength to strength comparison..KaPlis is better in each and every department. You said woz's knocked out the home girl in her previous match..she struggled against heather watson..a little more mettle by watson and woz was out.

Not trying to come across as someone who critiques..but when you write something like " i dare to prove me wrong" i have to highlight that you have been.

Good luck in your next bet

1 hour ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

I think its time for you to eat your humble pie mister. not trying to gloat or anything after my win. I had no problem with your post until you said "i dare her to prove me wrong" That statement proved that you made the post about yourself and not the match itself. You call KaPlis's style too passive..what does that make woz's style? strength to strength comparison..KaPlis is better in each and every department. You said woz's knocked out the home girl in her previous match..she struggled against heather watson..a little more mettle by watson and woz was out.

Not trying to come across as someone who critiques..but when you write something like " i dare to prove me wrong" i have to highlight that you have been.

Good luck in your next bet

Well well well, this looks like a freshman class of English 101 which I will be happy to take. You appear not to be too conversant with English phrases and uses especially in relation to translating or understanding in the context it was used.  "I dare her to prove me wrong" is only a figure of speech with no hidden connotations which I have used to back up my opinion. And what is your point on Pliskova?? That she could not possibly be passive because you feel Wozniacki is more passive?. Hahaha!  You cannot be serious!! ( Preferring to borrow the McEnroe special phrase)  So who is more passive? Pliskova or Wozniacki? Wozniacki might be a pusher, but she is a resilient pusher. She chases everything with purpose and is feisty and gritty more like you will see with Radwanska or Svitolina. Both Pliskovas are passive and very lifeless with their tennis. In fact Karoline has only recently just started to show the pumped fist during play. It was the same lifeless play that made Cilic a paper-tiger till he started putting some venom into his emotions . I certainly misread Pliskovas intentions and got it wrong from the angle I viewed it from. However don't you try to attempt to give me an English lesson until you find a defined path to follow. I will be happy to talk tennis with you any day matey! I have always called for a well organised tipping process on here so that we can separate the guessers from tipsters. I guess we are all fine with it being a recreational circus, and that is fine with me, which is why I just stop by these days.     

30 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Well well well, this looks like a freshman class of English 101 which I will be happy to take. You appear not to be too conversant with English phrases and uses especially in relation to translating or understanding in the context it was used.  "I dare her to prove me wrong" is only a figure of speech with no hidden connotations which I have used to back up my opinion. And what is your point on Pliskova?? That she could not possibly be passive because you feel Wozniacki is more passive?. Hahaha!  You cannot be serious!! ( Preferring to borrow the McEnroe special phrase)  So who is more passive? Pliskova or Wozniacki? Wozniacki might be a pusher, but she is a resilient pusher. She chases everything with purpose and is feisty and gritty more like you will see with Radwanska or Svitolina. Both Pliskovas are passive and very lifeless with their tennis. In fact Karoline has only recently just started to show the pumped fist during play. It was the same lifeless play that made Cilic a paper-tiger till he started putting some venom into his emotions . I certainly misread Pliskovas intentions and got it wrong from the angle I viewed it from. However don't you try to attempt to give me an English lesson until you find a defined path to follow. I will be happy to talk tennis with you any day matey! I have always called for a well organised tipping process on here so that we can separate the guessers from tipsters. I guess we are all fine with it being a recreational circus, and that is fine with me, which is why I just stop by these days.     

LOL you call urself a tipster? ur pathetic at best. 

Whats this whole thing about english?? Don't be a sore loser because you got owned. calling 3 set woz verdict..who the hell are you? show me a screen shot of how much you wagered on woz. Tipping with confidence and then falling flat on your face.  Keep 'tipping" losers.

19 minutes ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

LOL you call urself a tipster? ur pathetic at best. 

Whats this whole thing about english?? Don't be a sore loser because you got owned. calling 3 set woz verdict..who the hell are you? show me a screen shot of how much you wagered on woz. Tipping with confidence and then falling flat on your face.  Keep 'tipping" losers.

Had a bit of your feathers ruffled? Well that is what I do to naughty boys. Spank them with superlatives!! We will see how you do at Wimbledon. You could not have answered a more appropriate name than smoke. Well......... which really kind of clarifies the ontology of your inconsequential existence. I am done with you. Boy!!

3 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Had a bit of your feathers ruffled? Well that is what I do to naughty boys. Spank them with superlatives!! We will see how you do at Wimbledon. You could not have answered a more appropriate name than smoke. Well......... which really kind of clarifies the ontology of your inconsequential existence. I am done with you. Boy!!

what happened..cant provide a screen shot? all bark and no bite.

anyway out of respect for Czech gonna bow out and keep it civil. you can carry on with your spanking of little boys or watever is it you do when your not tipping losers.  "VERDICT" lol