** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England v SA T20 series

neilovan

As a Saffer I have never seen a worse squad assembled for an International series.

AB de Villiers,  Imran Tahir, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo   OK

but anything can happen with these guys 

Mangaliso Mosehle, Wayne Parnell, Dane Paterson,  Dwaine Pretorius, Tabraiz Shamsi, Jon-Jon Smuts.Farhaan Behardien, Reeza Hendricks

I would'nt put 10p on the s__tshower SA will put out here.

England at 8 to 11 looks a gift to me.

Edited by neilovan

amazing to watch that clown Berhardien steal the strike from one of the best batsmen in world cricket.  

5 overs in a row he harvests the strike with a single off the last ball. 

England win this at a stroll  probably with 5 overs to spare:welcome

Edited by neilovan

Pretty close but they won almost by 6 overs. Expecting another pounding on Friday,  Hopefully at a decent price.  SA should break open a 5kg jar of Vaseline,  and let everyone have a smear or two.

That was so bad it was embarrassing.  Clueless from top to bottom,  but I won a huge bet, couldn't be happier.

Edited by neilovan

Surely South Africa can't be as crap as they were in the 1st meeting. For me their biggest problem is undefined roles. Nobody seems  to understand what is required of them. The old fashioned approach of having an opener bat right through the innings is old hat. Rather have two openers firing from both ends.

The correct attitude is that  we cant get bowled out in 20 overs, and if we do we have lost in any case ! So fire away and go for it. And if you can't then get out the way and give someone else a chance.

I expect England to win here but odds of 1.61 are a little tight. AB can't really give his wicket away because the batting depth is so shallow. It forces him to play conservatively. Miller has not played a game winning innings in 14 months. Batting wise, who else is there ? Both openers are under enormous pressure and I expect at least 1 if not both to go cheaply again.

For me the bet looks like England to score the most runs in the 1st 6 overs which is 8 to 10

Edited by neilovan

• 7 months later...

2nd ODI at Centurian between SA and India

Weather in JHB is overcast and possibly looking like rain later this afternoon or early evening.Game in in Centurian which is about 40km's away.

Realistically, you can expect another pile of crap from the Proteas. Any time you see a team with Berhardien and Duminy in it, you should bet against them. Both are useless, and too old (34 and 33). As a SA cricket fan, I know they will deliver almost nothing. The two catches Berhardien dropped in the 1st T20 were pathetic.  If someone dropped those in a club game they would embarrassed.

Berhardien has this crazy cross handed way of holding the bat, which forces everything to be cross batted and land up around cow-corner (mid-wicket). It's impossible to drive the ball properly, and his technique non existent. 

Quote from JP Duminy

"You are going to go through periods in your career, where you go through slumps..."

Hilarious, because his slump has been going for at least 4 years. In Australia he would have been put out to pasture long long ago. Idiotic to drop Aiden Markram and make JP Duminy captain. Who makes these decisions?

The PROTEAS record in recent T20 and ODI series

India ODI  (recent) won 1 lost 5

ICC Champions L India, L Pakistan beat Sri Lanka

England T20 lost 2 of 3

England ODI lost 2 of 3

SO in the short format of the game they have lost 12 of 15 (against decent opposition - excluding Zimbabwe and Bangeldesh).

The problem is that India are only about 1.56 to win which is probably not worth it. The in game bet may be better, because SA have no finishers.

If SA bat 1st and get off to a decent start they will slump in the middle/end  overs. 

If they are chasing and are in with 1/2 a chance, only Morris has the ability to get them over the line. In a close game, SA batting second, Morris out, back India.

If I could get 7 to 10 on India for the win  I would take it, and I think the India highest 1st 6 overs is also worth taking. 

Edited by neilovan