** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2017

Rybarikova Vs Muguruza

Having already met 4 times with a 2-2 Head to Head Record, and with Rybarikova most importantly winning the only meeting on grass, it is fair to say that Rybarikova will know exactly what to expect from Muguruza who really tries to play her tennis via a defined path to victory. Muguruza has got this far by punishing and brutalising her opponents into submission by a bullying approach which has really been effective thus far. ?She plays a kind of game similar to Vandeweghe but not as robust and refined. Vandeweghe definitely is the more prolific shot-maker with better variety in her play. Even then, it was so very hard to regulate and reset her game to cope with the finesse coming off the Rybarikova racket. When I first saw the scoreline by which she had beaten Vandeweghe in their previous two meetings, I had to convince myself that it was some sort of a freak show until she confirmed it was not by beating Vandeweghe by a similar scoreline again. 

In Rybarikova's only meeting on grass with Muguruza in Birmingham in 2015, the scoreline of 6-3 6-1 seems to tell a story of Muguruza not really being able to cope with the Rybarikova game on grass especially with the mixture of spins and change of pace she would have had to cope with. I really cannot see Muguruza hitting her way easily out of this restrictive and somewhat strangulating game of Rybarikova. Rybarikova is 19-1 on grass, and in my opinion will not find fulfillment unless her current form gets her in the final. Looking at the overall picture, we can see that Rybarikova's chances are not any greater because this game is on grass. Muguruza is just the sort of player that she would consider a good customer with the sort of one-dimensional game that she brings to the table. Rybarikova has played Muguruza on hard courts and showed up too well to even consider taking her for granted today. The omen can only be positive especially with Rybarikova drifting fast. Experience has always said that it is the smart move to always go contrary to the market in fast double digit drifts. Rybarikova to play Venus in the final. Verdict

Galovic - Otte 3.84 Pinnacle

Going big for Galovic here. The guy is in the form of his life. He came from winning a challenger on hard, beating Basic, Caruso, Halys and now here he is showing even better tennis. Galovic had better opponents here. He was loosing from Florian Mayer, who cause some problems to Cilic on Wimbledon and then scored another surprising win over Gombos Otte gave everything against Janowic and Marterer having problems with a lot of DF. I see the match pretty equal with Otte slight favorite, but Galovic's odds must not been more than 2.50. Everything over 3 is clear value. I expect the odds to drop to around 3 until the start of the match.

Sam Querrey vs Marin Cilic

Over 43.5 4/5 paddy power

Cilic to win 3/1 5/2 paddy power

I do fancy Cilic to win this match as he has impressed during this tournament and the only two sets he has lost were in the last round. It wont easy though as he will lose a set against his tough opponent who had a great win in the quarters

Medelin Challenger

Salamanka - Souza 5.25 Pinnacle

This is my play of the week. Salamanka is a veteran (Former 137 in the world), who played most of his career in Colombia. I watched his match yesterday againts Arevalo. He was in control during the entire match and never gave a BP chance despite three setter with two tie-breaks. The dude has amazing forehand and is serving solidly. He is slow and had some problems with his sholder, but for this price it's worth a try. Souza had awful season. He is 8/13 on clay loosing a lot. In his previous tournament he also had some problems and retired in the first round. Souza's first two opponents were very weak and this is why he beat them easy.

ITF Winnipeg

Muller - Hibi 4.52 Pinnacle

Muller just beat in a very tough match Danielle Lao, who is on Hibi's level. She won four matches in a row and seems is in good shape. Muller's doubles partner Perez just played with Hibi so she could give some hints on the wekanesses of Hibi. H2H is 1:0 for Muller, but their sole match is in 2014.

Hibi lost the last two QF matches that she participate into from outsiders. Her two wins here were against players who are far away from her level. 3 to 3.50 is the more reasonable odds here for Muller.

5 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Berdych delivered in the end :ok. No idea about the finals tomorrow, so leaving that alone.

There are few bets for the Womens final that are very interesting

Garbine Muguruza vs Venus Williams

Over 22.5 games 8/11 paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power

Venus to win 11/10 paddy power

Muguruza to have most aces 7/4 paddy power

Venus Total aces Over 4.5 11/10 paddy power

This is match is so tough to call that it is hard to predict who will win. But Muguruza has been impressive and could edge this as she is younger compared to her opponent who has also been impressive and is looking back to her best especially with serve which will definitely give Muguruza trouble in the match

Edited by owenclass

Astana Challenger Q

Matsui - Grenier 3.75 Pinnacle

Matsui is Top 200 doubles player and former Top 260 among singles. He is a typical hard court player, who made some stunning single wins. One of them is over Arvidson three weeks ago on clay. The same Arvidson scored some surprises on the following week. Grenier is nothing special. He is 5:5 in his last 10 features matches, including 3 losses from total outsiders with odds 4+. 

Venus Williams plays like her sister Serena. The Serena aura strongly push her to top reactions and hittings

Mugu might take one set, but my choice here is Williams to win 2-1

Small stakes coz i am totally out of form

Good luck punters!

15 hours ago, Waggy_2 said:

Why do you never tip the 'unders' markets? Surely if you are tipping matches you think will go over the games or sets line, then conversely there will be other games that you must think will go under. Why do we never see you tipping any of those? I'm confused!

Well i like to go overs as i used to do unders at one time and i kept losing money as i thought they would easy bets especially for the top players playing against average players. But now i go overs as i seem to win a lot more bets when i do this tactic. I only do the overs bet if im fairly sure it will happen but if im not sure i just leave it alone instead of going for other bet which is the unders bet 

There is one more match in the Mens tournament so he is my selection

Marin Cilic vs Roger Federer

Over 37.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Federer to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power

Federer to serve most aces 5/2 paddy power

Federer to have most double faults 5/4 paddy power

Federer to serve Over 12.5 aces 8/11 paddy power

I dont think this will be easy for Federer as he is facing a tough opponent who has big serve and is certainly playing well and Federer did struggle a bit in the last round so him losing set is a distinct possibility even though he has not lost a set yet during this tournament. I can see Federer serving a lot of aces so im happy to do the bet with him getting more aces than his opponent. The chances of his opponent winning this match are slim but he can make it tough for Federer. So you never know

Edited by owenclass

Well done everyone on their successful bets

On 02/07/2017 at 11:43 PM, owenclass said:

Marin Cilic to win second quarter 4/1 paddy power

Johanna Konta to win fourth quarter 9/2 paddy power

Marin Cilic to serve most tournament aces 8/1 paddy power

I just feel that these players are coming into Wimbledon in form and have had some good results on grass which is a tough surface to play on when it is straight after playing on the clay

Two of my quarter final bets came through for me. But im not sure if Cilic serve the most tournament aces

Edited by owenclass