** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLS > Jun 17th & 18th

StevieDay1983

Toronto -1 @ 1.77(pinnacle)

Toronto should be full strength as both Bradley and Altidore return from US international duty. Patrick Mullins will be notable absentee for DC United as he continue to rehab following a knee surgery. Toronto has so far been the most consistent team this season(I expect them to win the MLS cup barring any injuries to their key players) and they should return to winning ways against DC United who is definitely looking like a favourite for the wooden spoon now.

FC Dallas DNB @ 2.45(unibet)

Even though FC Dallas was beaten in their last two road games, we have to take into consideration that rotated teams were used. Against Chicago, it was a midweek game(3 games in a week) while against Portland Timbers last week, they were decimated by international callups. Key players like Gruezo, Acosta, Barrios and Urruti should all return here after being rested in the US Open Cup. Playmaker Mauro Diaz is likely to be on the bench after going ninety minutes in midweek. With all these key personals returning for FC Dallas, I like their chances of getting something here against the Whitecaps.

Atlanta United vs Columbus Crew

Despite winning 3-2 against Charleston in the US Open Cup in mid-week, Coach Gerardo Martino was unhappy because the team made a lot of errors against a supposedly weaker opposition. Notably, the defence lost individual battles and conceded goals from set-pieces (they also gave up three goals on set-pieces in the loss to Vancouver three weeks earlier). Martino was forced to make wholesale changes in the backline, plus accommodating another injury in midfield. The game plan was therefore disrupted as three key players went 90 minutes ie strikers Miguel Almiron and Joseph Martinez, plus central midfielder Jeff Larentowicz – all required for this weekend’s game against Columbus.

The regular backline will return and Larentowicz will start in central midfield; but it is doubtful whether the front pair of Almiron and Martinez will both start after their mid-week exertions. The team needs the three points to maintain their play-off hopes, and has also generated momentum when playing at home. But Coach Martino could likely go for a more cautious approach this time, especially given the tough fixture schedule over the coming weeks.

Since their 5-0 pasting away to Toronto at the end of May, Columbus Coach Gregg Berhalter has focused on improving the team’s defensive strength away from home. In this particular game, Berhalter’s team will be keen to block Atlanta’s penchant to score in the opening 15 minutes, while improving their own defensive transition. Under 2.5 goals.

14 hours ago, Tiffy said:

My apologies for little or no input @StevieDay1983

I am working more time than I want to at the moment, so just getting little or no time.

ideally I would like to give it up & be a full time punter

So would we mate! :lol

Don't worry, I'll keep being annoying and tagging you. You respond when you've quit your job and gone full-time as a corner tipster.

This is for the midweek game.

Sounders -1 @ 2.02(betvictor)

Both teams will be on a 3 games week. With this not being a conference game and flying cross country, I think Orlando coach Jason Kreis will rotate his team and leave the stronger team for the weekend conference game against the high flying Chicago Fire. A couple of players also looked gassed after that hard fought come from behind 3-3 draw against Montreal Impact in the weekend. Sounders should welcome back centreback Roman Torres and probably rightback Brad Evans. This is probably the first time Sounders get to play their first choice defence for this season. With the likelihood of Orlando playing a weaker team and Sounders finally getting healthy, I believe they should be able to chalk up another home win.

On 19/06/2017 at 11:37 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

So would we mate! :lol

Don't worry, I'll keep being annoying and tagging you. You respond when you've quit your job and gone full-time as a corner tipster.

Well you have destroyed the myth that I had built up of you!

So, if you are not full time, how do you find time to run this site around work etc

1 hour ago, Tiffy said:

Well you have destroyed the myth that I had built up of you!

So, if you are not full time, how do you find time to run this site around work etc

Paul does the running! I do the shuffling! It's the members that make this forum tick. You guys make it what it is. Just need a few more along to make the chat even better than it is now.  Glad we've got stalwarts like you around. :ok