StevieDay1983

FIFA Confederations Cup 2017

21 posts in this topic

fifaconfedodds.jpg

confedcupgroupodds.jpg

The FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 is scheduled to start later this month. The first round of games are set to begin a week this coming weekend. I will get the odds for those games up early next week. What are you all thinking ahead of this tournament? It's not exactly the most high profile tournament but can often be a little earner for punters.

Brazil have won the last three tournaments but they are not there this time around. It is hard to look past Germany and Portugal but you can never count out the hosts with Russia likely to be a tough match for anyone on home territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

fifaconfedodds.jpg

confedcupgroupodds.jpg

The FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 is scheduled to start later this month. The first round of games are set to begin a week this coming weekend. I will get the odds for those games up early next week. What are you all thinking ahead of this tournament? It's not exactly the most high profile tournament but can often be a little earner for punters.

Brazil have won the last three tournaments but they are not there this time around. It is hard to look past Germany and Portugal but you can never count out the hosts with Russia likely to be a tough match for anyone on home territory.

Its a shame Brazil won't be on it! There was the time when they had the best football in the world... :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shade34 said:

Its a shame Brazil won't be on it! There was the time when they had the best football in the world... :/

Yeah, they are playing so well right now too. Still, you compare this current Brazilian side to the great ones of the past such as the Brazil squad of 2002, 1998, 1994, 1970s, and 1950s... it's not quite the same.

Shade34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, they are playing so well right now too. Still, you compare this current Brazilian side to the great ones of the past such as the Brazil squad of 2002, 1998, 1994, 1970s, and 1950s... it's not quite the same.

Absolutely! The time when Ronaldinho Gaucho and Ronaldo, Robinho, Romário, Kaka, Cafu, etc... use to play, damn it was a beautiful game to watch! I was a kid at the time, and already could see how nice it is to watch a great soccer game. Actually I like mostly to watch champions league matches, or world cup kind of game; good players, exciting games, etc... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Shade34 said:

Absolutely! The time when Ronaldinho Gaucho and Ronaldo, Robinho, Romário, Kaka, Cafu, etc... use to play, damn it was a beautiful game to watch! I was a kid at the time, and already could see how nice it is to watch a great soccer game. Actually I like mostly to watch champions league matches, or world cup kind of game; good players, exciting games, etc... 

Yeah, definitely. We were doing our A Levels (17-18 years old) at the time of the 2002 World Cup. So many fantastic memories including our History exam being delayed by 15 minutes so we could all watch the end of the first half of the England versus Brazil game. That Brazil squad was immense. Ronaldo was after his best then but still tore it up. Most clinical striker ever in my opinion.

I think this current Germany side are a more complete team though. More organised. Well, they were in 2014. I'm not sure they are as effective now. That's why I can see why Portugal are joint favourites at 1.90. I think a few teams would be favoured more if they were in it though. The likes of France and Argentina. Maybe even Italy as well. That's the beauty of the Confederations Cup. The big guns aren't all involved so it can let a less-fancied side enjoy a decent run.

Shade34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-8 at 6:22 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, definitely. We were doing our A Levels (17-18 years old) at the time of the 2002 World Cup. So many fantastic memories including our History exam being delayed by 15 minutes so we could all watch the end of the first half of the England versus Brazil game. That Brazil squad was immense. Ronaldo was after his best then but still tore it up. Most clinical striker ever in my opinion.

I think this current Germany side are a more complete team though. More organised. Well, they were in 2014. I'm not sure they are as effective now. That's why I can see why Portugal are joint favourites at 1.90. I think a few teams would be favoured more if they were in it though. The likes of France and Argentina. Maybe even Italy as well. That's the beauty of the Confederations Cup. The big guns aren't all involved so it can let a less-fancied side enjoy a decent run.

"History exam being delayed by 15 minutes so we could all watch" SO TRUE kkkk 

Yes, thats why they won the last Cup, this time although I really hope Brazil wins, I think France, Italy, Germany and Argentina are very strong competitors too. Besides those teams, I'm not really well informed about the others, I'll just wait and see who has the juice to get there! :) 

What you say? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

confedodds.jpg

The first round of matches are coming up this weekend. What are we thinking for these? Any of you guys that are missing Premier League action fancy getting involved in the betting for this?

@sajtion, @discipline, @Pipoca, @the bastardian, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @allyhibs, @Judeksi, @Tiffy, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch, @betcatalog, @vasilli07, @omch@, @Pep004, and @WinningAdvice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2017 at 11:21 AM, zemo91 said:

Germany at 1.40,was expecting it lower. Are they missing some player?

 

Read somewhere that Germany are putting out an "experimental" squad in this tournament, so I would be wary of lumping on them, although the should still have enough to beat Australia.

Instead of Allyhibs double, which I initially fancied myself, I have gone btts in Portugal game and -1 Chile to win in the Asian handicap. That double pays 3.64 (general). 1.91 for each bet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

German "future" squad with super talented players like Kimmich, Can, Goretzka, Sane, Draxler, Süle etc. will beat Australia today. Good opportunity for the young lads to show something.

Some of these players could play for U21 tournament - but they have still enough good players in u21.

1.40 is juicy. go for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

@stevieG well done mate spot on so far.

So is anyone watching these matches? Really good fun and thank fcuk there's some matches to watch. 

Yeah, I've never been the biggest fan of the Confederations Cup. Always just felt like a friendly tournament. This one feels different. A lot of the teams haven't played in it regularly. The likes of Russia, Portugal, Chile, and Cameroon are not frequently there. Even Germany have not played in it too often. The absence of some big nations such as Argentina, Brazil, France, Spain, and USA has added some freshness to it. So I think they all really want to win it. A trophy is a trophy at the end of the day. They are hard to come by at international level.

I still think Germany will win it. Doing their usual squeak through the group phase of an international tournament but watch them boss the knockout stages now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portugal is definitely a better team and will have no problem getting the win, it will also chase the goals, since they are counting in the event of a tie
NEW ZEALAND vs PORTUGAL @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.42

I expect a very tough fight, with the two teams giving it all to qualify, I expect the two teams to be especially cautious and so I do not see big scoring
MEXICO vs RUSSIA @@ +2.50 Under, odd 1.87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany wants the win to claim first place to avoid Portugal in the semifinals, I expect Germany's easy win with many goals
GERMANY vs CAMEROON @@+2.50 Over, odds 1.62

I expect to be a beautiful and interesting match, the two teams have good offensive lines and can score from at least one goals goal to confirm the goals
CHILE vs AUSTRALIA @@ Both team to score, odds 2.00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@betcatalog for your information, and everyone else - I always do your doubles, but add a goal for insurance on the under 2.5, or go over 1.5 on the over 2.5, etc. I have only ever lost ONCE out of about two dozen bets.

GUARANTEED winners every time. Take yesterday - Mexican game under 3.5, Portugal over 1.5 and to win  -  came in at almost evens. Easy money.

StevieDay1983 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

@betcatalog for your information, and everyone else - I always do your doubles, but add a goal for insurance on the under 2.5, or go over 1.5 on the over 2.5, etc. I have only ever lost ONCE out of about two dozen bets.

GUARANTEED winners every time. Take yesterday - Mexican game under 3.5, Portugal over 1.5 and to win  -  came in at almost evens. Easy money.

Hopefully, others will follow your lead. It's clearly a tactic that's working well.

Here are the odds for the Semi-Finals...

confedodds.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

    • Bookie Offers
    • Bet £5 Get £10 Free Bet x 2! Limited Time Offer!
      Bet £5 Get £10 Free Bet x 2! Limited Time Offer!
  • £30 Free Bet
  • Popular Members