** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

League 1 Ante-Post 2017/18 Bet Chat

league1outodds.jpg

league1promodds.jpg

league1relodds.jpg

Here are the ante-post odds for League 1 ahead of the 2017/18 season. Understandably, Blackburn are seen as the firm favourites to bounce back but there is a lot of tough competition from the likes of Wigan, Portsmouth, Bradford, and Oxford. The fact a couple of promoted teams are expected to challenge for the promotion spots shows how strong this league will be.

In terms of relegation, Oldham, Shrewsbury, Blackpool, and Gillingham are the clear favourites. Walsall and Bury are always a decent shout as well. What are you guys all thinking?

@DW_United@sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, and @MuineBheag.

You single Bury out Stevie for relegation but I think the complete opposite. If they can keep James Vaughan and Jermaine Beckford fit, both are injury prone, they stand a really good chance of making the play offs, they will score goals. Vaughan has scored 27 goals in 34 appearances for Bury since signing for them but he is very injury prone. See who else they add player wise but Lee Clark knows the league and is a decentish manager, see how they fare but I think they could well be looking up rather than down.

• 1 month later...

Whilst he had a good year last year, I'm surprised by Vaughan's move to Sunderland given his injury record. Puts a bit more pressure on Beckford to perform now. That said they've signed Ajose this week who will always score goals in L1. 

Can't see past Blackburn and Wigan this year. Decent squads have been added to, especially by Blackburn.  I cannot believe they've convinced Peter Whittingham to drop to this level. 

As for my own team Bradford City, I can honestly say I haven't a clue.  We've lost the core of the team in McArdle, Meredith, Cullen and Marshall and brought in some young hungry players for not insubstantial fees. I do worry about our habit of turning wins into draws and still not totally convinced Charlie Wkye is the right man for L1.

One last thing, put money on James Hanson leaving Sheff U at some point this season to return to L1, a Championship player he is not!

On 10/06/2017 at 4:34 PM, Kenton Schweppes said:

You single Bury out Stevie for relegation but I think the complete opposite. If they can keep James Vaughan and Jermaine Beckford fit, both are injury prone, they stand a really good chance of making the play offs, they will score goals. Vaughan has scored 27 goals in 34 appearances for Bury since signing for them but he is very injury prone. See who else they add player wise but Lee Clark knows the league and is a decentish manager, see how they fare but I think they could well be looking up rather than down.

Yeah, I think it's their injury proneness that made me think Bury could struggle if they're not both playing regularly. Anyone team that is overly reliant on a small number of players for goals is playing a dangerous game. They've lost Vaughan now as well. It's a chance for them to strengthen the squad as a whole though. However, this could be like your Huddersfield tip last season so I look forward to seeing what happens!

New poster here.

I really can't really see beyond Blackburn to win the league, Reckon Charlton are probably the signing of a goalscorer away from being there or there abouts too and would take the 6/1.

Bury look like they're going to give it a good go aswell, they've certainly got goals in them.

I feel the same about Blackburn. Peter Whittingham is a class player and could still do a job in the Championship. The only reservations I have about them is a) the expectation they might have on them week in, week out and b) the manager. I have never been a big fan of Mowbray and I don't know if he'll necessarily be the right man to lead them to promotion. Hopefully he will be though.