** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > May 25th - 29th

champratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

irelandratings.jpg

We have a selection of games to finish off this full UK schedule before we focus our attention solely on the League of Ireland for the summer months. It's the FA Cup Final, Championship Play-Off Final (labelled the £160m game - or however much it is valued at this season!), League 2 Play-Off Final, Scottish Premiership Play-Off Final, and Scottish FA Cup Final. This all alongside the regular League of Ireland fixtures.

So there are some very big games. A lot of betting set to be done. What are we thinking to take the bookies down for these games then guys?

@DW_United@sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, and @MuineBheag.

50 minutes ago, Teodore said:

Guys, any opinions about over 2,5 goals in FA Cup final?

I think there will be at least one goal if there is to be a score up and maybe more and if you're going for over 2.5 goals make sure you edge it by going for under 2.5 goals 

Very ambitious is the final, limiting favorite is Chelsea champion, due to its stability and its more general course this year. Its good defensive function makes it a favorite, the winning performance is small and I will take the risk of both teams
ARSENAL FC vs CHELSEA FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.66

Arsenal v Chelsea FC

Arsenal: Shkodran Mustafi (26/2 d), Kieran Gibbs (11/0 d)(both doubtful), Gabriel Paulista (19/0 d), Laurent Koscielny (32/2 d, suspended), Santi Cazorla (8/2 m)

Chelsea FC: Ruben Loftus-Cheek (6/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Celtic v Aberdeen

Celtic/Celtic HT/ FT has landed in 24 of 34 of Celtics league wins this season - they have led at HT in 27 of 38 matches, Aberdeen have trailed at HT on 7 occasions this season, they have gone on to win 1 and lose 6 of said matches, of there 10 losses in 6 of those they have lost HT/ FT

Celtic/ Celtic HT/ FT 5/4 @ Coral

Reading v Huddersfield

These two sides traded 1-0 home wins in the regular season and we look set for another tight match. Huddersfield won a league high 22 matches by a 1-goal margin last season, who tied for 2nd; Reading with 18 (Sheff Wed the other). Those who like they're shot data (ie me) will no doubt want to side with Huddersfield who on my ratings are far superior to Reading, this is however a final and Reading upset the shot data ratings knocking out Fulham in the semi's, I expect luck to play some part in Monday's match and will look to keep both sides onside.

Either side to win by a 1 goal margin 5/4 @ Betway

Arsenal v Chelsea

Based on my shots ratings Chelsea are a far better side than Arsenal. Arsenal have lost 9 league matches this matches, of those 9, 5 have been by 2+ goals,18 of Chelsea's 30 wins have been by 2+ goals. If Chelsea take the lead, especially if it's an early one, I can see Arsenal completing folding. Another scenario is that should they go 1-0 down, being a final they will have to press for an equaliser and will be vulnerable to a counter attack. On top of the statstical analysis, Arsenal have some what of a defensive crisis. It's worth bearing in mind that Chelsea have won a league high of 12 matches by the solitary goal, that being said, I'll be keeping the one goal margin onside.

Chelsea -0.75 1/1 @ Paddy Power (Chelsea win by 1 half win half void, Chelsea win by 2 or more full win, draw or Arsenal and bet is a loser)

What do you guys think about today's Championship play-off final? The £100 billion game or whatever it is! I hope for the sake of @Kenton Schweppes that Huddersfield do it. There's something about Reading that I've never liked. It's like they are a bunch of London rejects who have the worst home support in the league. No offence to any Royals on here! I'm sure they're a pleasant club but I just don't like them. Kind of irrational I guess.

Anyway, I think it could be a high scoring game. Both teams know where the net is and neither team has the best defence. I wouldn't be surprised to see a five goal thriller. Definitely back over 2.5 goals scored. I'm tempted to push it to over 3.5 goals but it's tough to tell how much nerves and caution will come into play.

3 hours ago, Notorious said:

@StevieDay1983 you really think it will be high scoring? I'm reading Huddersfield is a very defensive team. Was going to bet under 1.5 goals lol. I also want to put a straight wager on Huddersfield..

Yeah, definitely back the goals. This season, in 46 matches, Reading scored 68 goals and conceded 64. Huddersfield scored 56 goals and conceded 58. Interested to hear what @Kenton Schweppes, our local Terriers fan, had to say on the matter but I think he's balls deep in Wembley right about now!

The bet that has caught my eye is to buy hotshots for 2 points at 23 with SPIN (25 points per Wells, Kachunga, Kermorgant and Grabban goal)

26-30 elsewhere but with Brown rather than Kachunga. I'd value that quartet at 26 so no bet as within the spread but the above I'd make half a point higher so the buy at 23 offers around a 15% edge (or that's the theory).

One of the easiest ways to explain value in fixed odds betting is getting odds against about something that you think should be odds on. I always think this scenario is a good example for spread betting; paying less than a goal for 4 players you believe are worth more than a goal. They may well all fail to get on the scoresheet but, with one goal edging you into profit, this is a bet I'm happy to take.

7 hours ago, Notorious said:

@StevieDay1983 you really think it will be high scoring? I'm reading Huddersfield is a very defensive team. Was going to bet under 1.5 goals lol. I also want to put a straight wager on Huddersfield..

I hope you didn't listen to me! :lol

Congratulations @Kenton Schweppes, enjoy the Premier League forum next season buddy! Going to miss you in here bar your cameo appearances for the cup competitions! :D

Yep, well done @Kenton Schweppes, strange how a team doesn't score a goal in the 3 matches, but can still go through!

Not much different to Albion not scoring from open play in the last 3 games, and losing the title to an 89th minute selection.

its a funny old game sometimes

Congratulations, you were by far the better team over the season & deserved it more than Reading.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry lads I've not been on for a while, it's all been a bit of a whirlwind of late but I'm over the moon we've made it to the Premier League, I've waited 33 years for this and it feels good to have made it.

I did say Stevie, when you had tipped us for relegation that we'd have a decent season but this is beyond everyone's wildest dreams. I also Blackburn would get relegated too.