** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps - Monday May 22nd

200 Towcester

Pembroke House NAP 7/2 Skybet/PP
Finished second at Worcester 11 days ago and that was another consistent effort. Has slipped to a decent mark and its interesting that Richard Johnson keeps the ride after being on top last time out so an obvious chance. A C/D winner too, which is a big plus around here.

2.40 Redcar: Class 6 Handicap, 5 Furlongs

You're better off long-term not to make too many excuses for horses if they didn't live up to expectations multiple times on the bounce. That's normally a clear sign that something is not right.

Nonetheless I make an exception in the case of the still lightly raced Backinanger. This three year gelding old has been disappointing the last two starts, but mostly on his turf Handicap debut four weeks ago. He was a bad drifter on the day, so there must have been a reason for his poor showing.

Unfortunately I backed him that day when first time cheek-pieces  didn't work at all for Backinangger. He was never in the race - to my surprise because if you go back and watch his previous starts you'll see a horse that shows a bit of early speed, but also quite a bit of keenness.

In fact his performances on the All-Weather over the winter were noteworthy as more often than not he caught the eye and ran better than the bare result would suggest. 

This son of Royal Applause was a late foal which explains why he often looked raw and unfinished business. Theoretically there should be improvement to come from him with age and experience. He also should enjoy fast conditions.

That's the reason why I give him one more chance - blinkers are fitted and he drops to the minimum trip, which in combination of the ground and the relive of another couple of pounds could work wonders.

Selection:
Backinanger @ 10/1 Bet365

4 minutes ago, Wtrylika said:

4:40 Redcar, Shudbeme, 67.00 at Paddy Power

One day you will get a winner, i'm sure of it.

Not sure when it will be mind.

Just in case your interested;

Your last winner was in April 2016 and you have selected 147 losing selections on the trot since then.

I admire your perseverance mate:ok

Redcar 3:40 Midnight Malibu @ 12/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Midnight Malibu...from Tim Easterby yard the 4yo has won four times at 5f on good to firm and good ground , She ran here last year round about this time when she ran 2nd to Michael Easterby horse Black Grass 2/1 fav which Nathan Evans claiming 5lbs was in saddle,

With no family member to worry about this time but he does send two horse for this race other horse being Excessable who's 7/2 fav at them moment , suggests to me he's looking for family one two here again , I've went for outsider of the two and although up 2lbs for that 2nd place in his first race of this season 16tn days ago at Thirsk 5f beaten a length,

The yard have brought Nathan Evans claiming 3lbs to partner Midnight Malibu

2.10 Redcar

SHAZZAB @ 9/1 Bet 365

Backed this last month when following Fahey and made a note to be on it next time especially if running over 6f or further.  It was doing all its best work late on over 5f after being outpaced and running green early.  Gets weight from most of these and no scary Newmarket runners to worry about. Should improve bundles today.