** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps - Saturday May 20th

8.50 Doncaster: Class 4 Handicap, 6 Furlongs

I give handicap debutante Manshood a good chance to outrun his price tag. He's had five starts in maiden company so far, placed three times, the two times he ran over today's trip he was in the money running to RPR's of 72 and 73.

He's got a fine pipe opener under his belt last month, that should set him up nicely and didn't sacrifice his potentially lenient opening mark. 

Potentially lenient if he improves for his first handicap start in new conditions. Soft ground, though, should suit quite well on pedigree.  Martin Lane was the other day in the saddle, so got to know Manshood, and has the ride today too. Could be an advantage.

Selection: 
Manshood @ 14/1 Paddy Power

13 hours ago, BillyHills said:

@Jimmy2shoes

Oliver Sherwoods post on facebook this morning;

Three runners today.

Bangor On Dee.
5.20pm Papagana runs in a mares bumper over 2m.
Papagana is a lovely home bred filly by Martoline, she is a feisty madam who has been quite backward to train. 
She's tall and leggy but she does go nicely at home, I want to get a run under her belt and then get her home for a good summer break. 
Papagana was on the schooling video last week when jumping some barrels in the ménage with Ourvilles Million, she thoroughly enjoyed herself that day and should make up into a nice hurdler next autumn.

Uttoxeter.

7.05pm Robinesse runs in a mares handicap hurdle over 3m.
Robinesse has only had two runs over the winter and has been third on both occasions. 
She found the trip too short on lively ground at Huntingdon first time out but still ran with credit, she got tapped for toe turning into the home straight and stayed on well to the line.
Robinesse then unfortunately had an enforced layoff after picking up a puncture wound to her knee out in the paddock so did not reappear until February at Fontwell. She would have just needed that run but we then had the driest April for 26 years so I was unable to get her back out again until now.
Robinesse should improve for the step up in trip and will appreciate any rain that falls, she is from a family that love soft ground, Mischievous Milly was a very good mare and their half brother Jersey Bean ran with credit last week end.
She won around here first time out in a bumper so hopefully trip, track and ground should all be in her favour.
Robinesse is a lovely filly at home, she's very good to ride, unlike the other members of her family who were quite naughty to break in and deal with as babies.

8.35pm Ourvilles Million makes his racecourse appearance in a bumper over 2m.
Ourvilles was a non runner last Sunday at Ludlow, the ground dried out too much and I didn't want to risk him as he's a big strong horse.
Ourvilles is a very good looking son of Sageburg (IRE), he is the first horse I have had by this sire and if Ourvilles is anything to go by I would love to have some more. 
He has the most wonderful laid back attitude but he has got a bit of devilment in him, he works nicely, he has a lot of natural ability and as you would have seen in the video of a couple of last week he enjoys his jumping too. 
Ourvilles is a big baby who I hope has a bright future.

They will be ridden by Leighton Aspell.

Papagana is looked after and ridden at home by Harry Beswick, she will be led up by Peter Macek.
Robinesse is looked after by Jana Minarikova she will be led up by Harry Beswick.
Ourvilles is looked after and will be led up by Harry Beswick, he is ridden at home by Chloe Boxall who also rides out Robinesse.

All 3 never at the races, so many of his runners having been PU too 

@Jimmy2shoes

From the trainer;

Horses make fools of you and the two bumper horses ran in an opposite fashion to they way they behave at home. 
I expected Papagana to be keen so she was dropped in and never picked the bridle up and I thought Ourvilles would be half asleep and he did a bit too much early on so didn't really get home.
You can never be sure how a horse will react to a racing situation until they run.
Both horses are fine subsequently and as you know I don't like my bumper horses to have a hard race and they are not trained to the minute, there is plenty of improvement in them. 
Papagana and Ourvilles are both nice youngsters.