** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps - Saturday May 20th

240 Newmarket

Larchmont Lad NAP 11/4 Skybet
Won the Tattersalls Stakes over this C/D last year, been highly tried since so this represents a drop in class. Finished 9th behind Churchill in the 2000 Guineas but that run will have put him spot on for this. He should go in the ground having won on good to soft last year.

20:35 Uttoxeter - Ourvilles Million 1pt Win Bet @ 5/1 with Bet365

Oliver Sherwood had this gelding entered all over the place but has now settled for this closing race at Uttoxeter, i always feel such various multi entries as a good sign of confidence.

I tipped him up myself last week in the last at Ludlow but he was pulled and money was coming for him, again another good sign of Confidence.

http://www.skysports.com/racing/results/full-result/772826//14-05-2017/ann-esp-memorial-newcomers-standard-open-nh-flat-race

Capture.PNG

Newbury 3.30 Ribchester @ 7/4 -  888sports win thanks

Ribchester...from Richard Fahey yard the 4yo should have no problems on ground conditions , He has won three times from 6f to 1m on good to soft and soft ground, He was sent over to Meydan 56 days ago for a  1m 1f race when 3rd in Group 1 Dubai Turf with William Buick  in saddle and takes the mount today

4.25 Newmarket

Robanne @ 9/1 Stan James

Has been running in Group and Listed company for almost all her career and her run behind Eternally at Ascot would make her a shoe in today.  All her best form has been with give in the ground so we can forgive her Lingfield run on good last week (group 3).  Should be much more at home in class 3 handicap company and has the in form de Souza aboard.

10 hours ago, Jimmy2shoes said:

20:35 Uttoxeter - Ourvilles Million 1pt Win Bet @ 5/1 with Bet365

Oliver Sherwood had this gelding entered all over the place but has now settled for this closing race at Uttoxeter, i always feel such various multi entries as a good sign of confidence.

I tipped him up myself last week in the last at Ludlow but he was pulled and money was coming for him, again another good sign of Confidence.

http://www.skysports.com/racing/results/full-result/772826//14-05-2017/ann-esp-memorial-newcomers-standard-open-nh-flat-race

@Jimmy2shoes

Oliver Sherwoods post on facebook this morning;

Three runners today.

Bangor On Dee.
5.20pm Papagana runs in a mares bumper over 2m.
Papagana is a lovely home bred filly by Martoline, she is a feisty madam who has been quite backward to train. 
She's tall and leggy but she does go nicely at home, I want to get a run under her belt and then get her home for a good summer break. 
Papagana was on the schooling video last week when jumping some barrels in the ménage with Ourvilles Million, she thoroughly enjoyed herself that day and should make up into a nice hurdler next autumn.

Uttoxeter.

7.05pm Robinesse runs in a mares handicap hurdle over 3m.
Robinesse has only had two runs over the winter and has been third on both occasions. 
She found the trip too short on lively ground at Huntingdon first time out but still ran with credit, she got tapped for toe turning into the home straight and stayed on well to the line.
Robinesse then unfortunately had an enforced layoff after picking up a puncture wound to her knee out in the paddock so did not reappear until February at Fontwell. She would have just needed that run but we then had the driest April for 26 years so I was unable to get her back out again until now.
Robinesse should improve for the step up in trip and will appreciate any rain that falls, she is from a family that love soft ground, Mischievous Milly was a very good mare and their half brother Jersey Bean ran with credit last week end.
She won around here first time out in a bumper so hopefully trip, track and ground should all be in her favour.
Robinesse is a lovely filly at home, she's very good to ride, unlike the other members of her family who were quite naughty to break in and deal with as babies.

8.35pm Ourvilles Million makes his racecourse appearance in a bumper over 2m.
Ourvilles was a non runner last Sunday at Ludlow, the ground dried out too much and I didn't want to risk him as he's a big strong horse.
Ourvilles is a very good looking son of Sageburg (IRE), he is the first horse I have had by this sire and if Ourvilles is anything to go by I would love to have some more. 
He has the most wonderful laid back attitude but he has got a bit of devilment in him, he works nicely, he has a lot of natural ability and as you would have seen in the video of a couple of last week he enjoys his jumping too. 
Ourvilles is a big baby who I hope has a bright future.

They will be ridden by Leighton Aspell.

Papagana is looked after and ridden at home by Harry Beswick, she will be led up by Peter Macek.
Robinesse is looked after by Jana Minarikova she will be led up by Harry Beswick.
Ourvilles is looked after and will be led up by Harry Beswick, he is ridden at home by Chloe Boxall who also rides out Robinesse.

Original selection is a nr and the prices have collapsed on my other fancies so....

5.10 Newbury

WITHERNSEA @ 10/1 Paddy

Running off his lowest mark since winning at Donny at the end of 2015, has been consistent since with three placed efforts of 97,97 and 95 which suggests a mark of 93 today gives him a real chance. Two previous runs here have resulted in him being beaten 2l and less. Ran well enough in the Lincoln to suggest another crack at a mile would be fruitful. All his three wins have come with give in the ground which will be important this afternoon.