** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2017

Hozumi/Kato vs Barty/Delaqua 6.6 Pinnacle

Both teams are making pretty strong season. I can't understand why there is such a huge difference in the odds. Hozumi/Kato showed that they are capable to stun favorites in AO. They are doing pretty well for now. Barty/Delaqua are coming to RG after a tournament win in Strasbourg, but Japan's duo is capable to cause them big problems.

2 hours ago, Simeon Borisof said:

One i fancy for tomorrow is Chung to beat Nishikori @ 3.50 with bet365.Chung has been flawless so far and one who is really a fighter.He is extremely resiliant with a solid baseline.Nishikori has been rather shaky than solid.His injury might be the problem and those long rallies who are expected in the game wont help him much.I fully expect an epic clash in 5 sets with Chung edging it in the end.medium to high stakes on Chung @ 3.50 and a sporting bet on 3:2 @9 both with bet365

For anyone who is a tennis afficionado, then this is a tip that should just be written with no explanation. It is just the right pick to make the way the tournament has been going. At the very least Cheung should win 2 or more sets. I would not be surprised if I fell asleep today and woke up on Sunday morning to see Cheung in the final.

3 hours ago, Simeon Borisof said:

Vinolas to beat Djokovic @9 with bet365.Ridiculous odds i must say.Djokovic is mediocre at best and almost lost today but i think tomorrow Vinolas will eliminate him.Vinolas is on fire and i think this 5 set win will give him confidence rather exhaustion but while we are here we must point out that Djoko won in 5 sets either  si fatigue could be ruled out of the equasion.Given the current situation and form of both players i think chances are 50:50 so odds of 9 for the Spaniard look cracking value to me.Vinolas to win @ 9 with bet365.GL

I can't argue with your post but I would add this. Getting to the latter stages of a grand slam and the physical demands that go with it is the norm for Djokovic. It isn't for Ramos and that could be a factor. Best of luck with your bet. :ok

5 minutes ago, losingpunter said:

Djokovic is not mediocre that is his strategy to exhaust the opponent's stamina by running it to the wire. dont forget his coach is agassi and agassi did it best in the late 90's. this was first started by sampras in 1993-94.

That was almost suicidal for him yesterday.Schwartzman has the same strategy,he just lacks Djokovic classy shots.Ok,as i see it chances are 51:49 to Djoko to win it but come on,9 for a player who loves the clay?

A.Murray to LOSE the first set, but win the match 5/1 Skybet
Murray is really dragging his heels through these matches like many others and I think Del Potro has every chance today. Most likely for me is Del Potro to win the 1st set and the match end up being a slog fest. Skybet are offering a 5-1 shot on that so I'll be on that.

G.Monfils to beat R.Gasquet 4/6 Skybet
Not the sexiest price in the world but I think Monfils will come through here 3-1. h2h is very close between these two but Monfils won the clay encounters and I also feel that whilst Gasquet has not been tested (De Greef and Estrella) Monfils has had tricky opponents like Monteiro who I seem to remember beat Tsonga on the clay. I also note that Gasquet has had quite alot of unforced errors in his 2 matches.

I think Nishikori will beat Chung 3-1 so i don't see that being a shock result but I do think just maybe Fognini has a chance today. He won the last clay meetup between the 2 and seems to be playing pretty well. I've left it though because Stan has this way of never looking amazing but getting to the latter stages of this event all the time. He is the Italy of Grand Slams :p I was also tempted by Kasatkina 

I love this tennis where everything is possible...

Busta to beat Raonic 2,53

Great clay court player Busta! :)

Ramos to win a set 2,36

If Schwartzman took a set from Nole, I dont see a reason why Ramos shouldnt...

Chung to beat Nishikori 3,4

Nishikori is shaky this season and Chung is so solid from the baseline, quick around the court, decent shotmaker...

Venus Williams is in top form. She has the same mentality with her sister Serena. She knows that all girls are doomed. 

I will follow her during the next match to decide if i go with her on the outright winner market. Halep does not say anything to me. She might lift the trophy at the end, but if she faces Williams at any stage......hehehe

Thiem is another guy that might beat anyone including Nadal and Djokovic. Both Rafa and Nole are not the same players as they were. Rafa is trying to come back as the king, but the mission is not easy anymore, he does not convince anymore that he is unbeatable. Nole wins against average payers, but i want to see him against the big guys. Busta is the most improved player together with Thiem ans Alexander Zverev. 

I suppose that we're now going to see Wawrinka cruise to a 3-0 win after Fognini missed four set points on his serve. Unreal, never seen so much crap piled together in my 8 years on here. Both Kasatkina and Halep were completely brainless today, but the former more so.

6 hours ago, Fader said:

A.Murray to LOSE the first set, but win the match 5/1 Skybet
Murray is really dragging his heels through these matches like many others and I think Del Potro has every chance today. Most likely for me is Del Potro to win the 1st set and the match end up being a slog fest. Skybet are offering a 5-1 shot on that so I'll be on that.

This was an excellent shout mate, should've come in. But this is 2017 :eyes.

3 hours ago, Fader said:

it's so frustrating isn't it :|

Don't have to tell me, I'm about -300pts for the season now, on track for the absolutely worst season ever in eight years :@. I've made some mistakes, obviously, but the amount of luck against me has been insane. Match points, set points, injuries, you name it - just shows what a beast betting can be at times.

3 hours ago, Simeon Borisof said:

don't get so dramatic about it.Chung is on his way to send the game in 5th set and might land a nice and juicy price.Of course i am still waiting for Ramos to win tomorrow as well

Well well well......Trust me, I am on your side because I took Cheung to win in a medium bet but played the over 36.5 in my main bet. Still, I have to say that despite your comment, your inner man must be telling you different. I smell de-ja-vous big time. Cheung will seem to have lost this match on the rain delay. He will be lucky to get to the 5th set in my opinion..........well unless the tennis gods take Sunday off. Same story with Bellis yesterday. The big players are always able to perform more efficient checks and balances with an overnight delay. I really wish I am wrong.

6 hours ago, liquidglass said:

Well well well......Trust me, I am on your side because I took Cheung to win in a medium bet but played the over 36.5 in my main bet. Still, I have to say that despite your comment, your inner man must be telling you different. I smell de-ja-vous big time. Cheung will seem to have lost this match on the rain delay. He will be lucky to get to the 5th set in my opinion..........well unless the tennis gods take Sunday off. Same story with Bellis yesterday. The big players are always able to perform more efficient checks and balances with an overnight delay. I really wish I am wrong.

No doubt Nishikori remains the favourite and the rain delay didn't help my bet either but i hope Chung gets through this shit show and a few hours later Ramos will get the jobe done against Djoko

34 minutes ago, losingpunter said:

i think timea can win this one. will take her in 3rd set. was betting on kristina. hence missed this game.

Yeah, I've gone for Timea to win the tournament. Mainly due to value of her odds but I fancy her against Mlad. Ostapenko Vs Timea would be a good semi-final.

As a matter of suggestion on this forum, I really think it is high time that things are reorganized in respect to tipsters and tipping. First there should be a live board where the current standing and weekly results of tipsters are displayed so as to separate the cats from the pigeons. You cannot just have people as a way of relaxing, or just tip for the hell of it and not be held accountable, myself included before anyone starts having a go at me. At least then, when a person sees his awful record staring him in the face, he would deliberate well before publicising a tip.

As it stands, the whole forum just appears to be a circus where people just say anything to try their luck and cushion their egos. I have to honestly say that I visit various tennis forums on a daily basis, especially in the slam season and I have to say that this forum is ultra consistent with giving very poor tips. Even when tips are right, you can be sure they will be surrounded by three times more failures. There are two forums that I visit regularly with regards to daily tips, and I have to say that their results have been blinding. One of them scoring 8/8 at one banker a day. We need credibility!!!! It will be great to have the tipsters here being competitive; it will be nice to see what each individual is made of; it will also be nice for visitors to know the tipsters in form and sidestep the circus activities. There really should be no hiding place for anyone who cannot even come up with an average showing. The moderator should really have no qualms about this, because it is all about moving forward.

49 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Alright, you start :).

Well, It is really not up to me to start it off. It is up to the moderator or whoever in charge to set up a structure where this new idea can begin to work smoothly. It means having to reconfigure things on this forum.

22 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Well, It is really not up to me to start it off. It is up to the moderator or whoever in charge to set up a structure where this new idea can begin to work smoothly. It means having to reconfigure things on this forum.

I'm afraid that this isn't going to happen anytime soon, as it would take a lot of time and effort. But there's another point. If you want to be upfront and have everyone else to conform to the rules you've come up with, it'd be only fair for you to set an example and show us your betting records that can be verified via your posts on this forum. I suppose that this might cause a few problems, however, because you rarely post any odds/stakes/bookies in your posts, which I - personally - find strange given that you want "credibility" and to separate "the cats from the pigeons".

For me, Punterslounge is a great free forum that allows everyone to read and post to his or her heart's content. Nobody's forcing anyone to follow anyone's tips and there are no fees, so I suppose that nobody's worse off, really. I like it (and I even like your contributions), you may not, that's your thing. But coming up with a suggestion that should force everyone to conform to your ideals, even though you are not following them yourself - I don't know, I'm mystified.

But hey, I'm probably just a "circus" artist. Live and let live :ok

5 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

I don't post all that often but I'd have no problem with a record being kept of what I do post. When I was more active a few years back I used to keep figures in my signature - maybe users posting here could do that and from that some sort of table could be created. One of the reasons I don't post so much now is that I'm aware other users sometimes follow my tips and I don't always have enough time to do the research that I think you need to do to be successful.

7 minutes ago, Torque said:

I don't post all that often but I'd have no problem with a record being kept of what I do post. When I was more active a few years back I used to keep figures in my signature - maybe users posting here could do that and from that some sort of table could be created. One of the reasons I don't post so much now is that I'm aware other users sometimes follow my tips and I don't always have enough time to do the research that I think you need to do to be successful.

Well, records are being kept in that your posts are archived unless you delete them :). You can do whatever you want to do with them - and that's the freedom most (almost everyone?) of us like. No point in forcing anyone to do anything - unless you're in the glory hunters section of the forum, that is :lol.