Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
CzechPunter

French Open 2017

Waiting for Estrella all day and he starts like this lol. He's a fighter though. Just one for me tomorrow most likely.

Back Jiri Vesely - Over 17.5 games (vs. RBA) at 1.72 with Paddy Power

I think that there's something wrong with Bautisa, either physically or emotionally, he was well below his standards against both Millman and Kukushkin. The latter got 18 games done, so Vesely should too. The Czech is on fire actually, he's still in even in the doubles.

Btw, Halep was dreadful against Maria, Pironkova would've taken her out easily today :lol. That quarter is probably Svitolina's to lose now, but her record of GS chokes does make me uneasy.

Almagro-Delpo was sad to watch, two injured players and it was Almagro who had to retire eventually, find the vids if you want, just sad. Murray is so lucky with this draw, Nishikori might have an injury as well actually, not sure how big.

Back Darya Kasatkina (+4.5) to beat Simona Halep at 1.91 with Skybet

I think that this is going to drop to +4 come match day, so taking it today. Kasatkina did well against Vondrousova, it was a big test and she came through it, having to fight for nearly every single point. That should give her confidence going forward, the kind of confidence an easy win doesn't really give you. Halep, on the other hand, wasn't too impressive against Maria. In good form, Halep really should be crushing Maria 6-1 6-1 with all sorts of winners, but that just wasn't happening today. Not sure if it's the ankle or what, probably a combination of that + the fact that she didn't have a lot of time to prepare given that she had to treat the injury. Kasatkina also had an injury, but she's fully recovered by the looks of things, playing two good matches. A bit afraid that Kasatkina might get tight given the occasion, but there aren't many bets without doubts. 

Back S.Wawrinka/F.Fognini - Over 3.5 sets at 1.80 with Ladbrokes

I wasn't too sure about Fognini before the start of the tournament because of his family situation, but he's here to play by the looks of things. And, as a rule, he always ups his game against the very best. This year alone, he's already managed to beat Tsonga, Nishikori, and Murray - and he also took a set off Nadal in Madrid. Seeing Wawrinka on the other side of the net will motivate him, so I expect a fairly tight match. Wawrinka should win though.

J. Vesely to beat B. Agut 9/4 Bet365
Agut is just getting broken too much and isn't looking as consistent as you'd normally see him against weaker opponents. Vesely is a real strong claycourter and I think this will be Bautista's first real test and one that ultimately will see him eliminated for me. I see Vesely winning this 3-1/3-2.

G. Dimitrov to beat Carreno-Busta 4/6 Skybet
G. Dimitrov -1.5 sets to beat Carreno-Busta 11/8 188bet

Can easily look at this and perhaps think it was a 50/50 but for me Grigor is playing the best tennis and I see him winning this 3-0/3-1. H2H favours Dimi but Busta beat him in there last clay match a year ago in straight sets. Thing is that was when Grigor's form was about 10% less than now and Busta about 10% better than now and more important this is a big grand slam and I think Grigor will shine through on this one.

J. Ostapenko to beat L. Tsurenko 2-0 6/5 BetVictor
These two played on the clay just recently and Ostapenko won it in straight sets and I'd expect a similar kind of result here too. The women's game at the moment is abit random and we're not seeing alot of 2-0 wins even with big favourites but I feel Ostapenko is on such a hot streak of form right now and she never knows when she is losing. I fancy her here to win 2-0.

15 hours ago, Fader said:

A.Radwanska to beat Van Uytvanck 2-0 Evens Skybet
I think Aggy will be too strong today. She looked really good against Ferro only dropping 2 games and although Van Uytvanck will give her more problems than Ferro, I feel she will have enough to win this without dropping a set. 

M.Keys to win French Open 50/1 Paddypower
T.Bacsinszky to win French Open 33/1 Betvictor

I think Halep looks primed to win this year but it's so open I'm going with two massive outsiders. Keys has the power and on her day can do damage and Timea also has the ability here if things go right for her. Just alittle outsider interest.

I like those prices. But im not sure about Keys going far

Wow GG lopez is 9.00 vs Raonic.We all know Lopez a bit back was pushing top 25 and winning 250s like candy.He has finally found some form and Im sure he thinks he can make up for a really crappy last 9 month by winning tomm.Raonic did drop a set last match so I think he can be had by a guy when on form can be very difficult on the dirt.Lopez +1.5 large and med bet on 9.00

The bet i'll be having today is Schwartzman-Djokovic over 3.5 sets @ 2.75 or over 29.5 games @ 1.80 both with bet365.Schwartzman is great from the baseline and will give Djokovic hard time,making him work for every single point.He actually is far from his best and will no doubt be missing the target and getting broken a few times.Djokovic had litttle to no problems against both Sousa and Granollers but i think Schwartzman  is more resilient and  better than both of them defensively.Can't see a surprise though but i am sure that The Argentinian is worth a try to take a set off him or at least keep it tight and lose in 3.

8 hours ago, Fader said:

J. Vesely to beat B. Agut 9/4 Bet365
Agut is just getting broken too much and isn't looking as consistent as you'd normally see him against weaker opponents. Vesely is a real strong claycourter and I think this will be Bautista's first real test and one that ultimately will see him eliminated for me. I see Vesely winning this 3-1/3-2.

G. Dimitrov to beat Carreno-Busta 4/6 Skybet
G. Dimitrov -1.5 sets to beat Carreno-Busta 11/8 188bet

Can easily look at this and perhaps think it was a 50/50 but for me Grigor is playing the best tennis and I see him winning this 3-0/3-1. H2H favours Dimi but Busta beat him in there last clay match a year ago in straight sets. Thing is that was when Grigor's form was about 10% less than now and Busta about 10% better than now and more important this is a big grand slam and I think Grigor will shine through on this one.

J. Ostapenko to beat L. Tsurenko 2-0 6/5 BetVictor
These two played on the clay just recently and Ostapenko won it in straight sets and I'd expect a similar kind of result here too. The women's game at the moment is abit random and we're not seeing alot of 2-0 wins even with big favourites but I feel Ostapenko is on such a hot streak of form right now and she never knows when she is losing. I fancy her here to win 2-0.

I agree about Vesely and Dimitrov but not about Jelena Ostapenko. Feels like Lesia Tsurenko could be the only upset of the day in the womens draw. I backed Jelena in her last match and she didn't drop serve and had no breakpoints against her but I still have to issue a warning about her. She is sometimes not stable enough to keep doing good results day after day. In Prague she should have beaten Ana Konjuh after she had beaten Caro Wozniacki and that is an example of her bad days. That match against Ana Konjuh got interupted due to darkness and she lost it the day after. I think Lesia can have more left in the tank and do what Monica Puig couldn't do. And that is break serve and make it an interesting match by taking a set at least. We saw what Louisa Chirico did, she broke Ostapenkos serve and turned first set around and on that day another player with more stamina and experience in grand slams had beaten Jelena. Stamina is something Lesia does have so Jelena better watch out today.

6 hours ago, owenclass said:

I like those prices. But im not sure about Keys going far

She done her wrist in the second set mate ano it was all downhill from there.

4 hours ago, matrixman said:

Wow GG lopez is 9.00 vs Raonic.We all know Lopez a bit back was pushing top 25 and winning 250s like candy.He has finally found some form and Im sure he thinks he can make up for a really crappy last 9 month by winning tomm.Raonic did drop a set last match so I think he can be had by a guy when on form can be very difficult on the dirt.Lopez +1.5 large and med bet on 9.00

GGL has some issues with his ankle though. Not sure how limiting it is, but he did withdraw from the doubles because of it. He did win R2 even with that injury, however, so who knows. Good luck.

One more for me today.

Back Steve Johnson - Over 13.5 games (vs. Thiem) at 2.00 with Paddy Power

I don't really expect Steve Johnson to win this, but this line looks really low to me given how Johnson has been playing recently. He was very emotional at the end of his match against Coric, but he should recover from that and it should perhaps even boost his confidence and resolve in the end. This won't be played on Chatrier, so there shouldn't be any pressure problems - and Thiem is hardly clinical when it comes to beating these guys with big serves. He gets the job done eventually, but 14 games? Yep, I think that he'll drop those more often than not.

40 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

One more for me today.

Back Steve Johnson - Over 13.5 games (vs. Thiem) at 2.00 with Paddy Power

I don't really expect Steve Johnson to win this, but this line looks really low to me given how Johnson has been playing recently. He was very emotional at the end of his match against Coric, but he should recover from that and it should perhaps even boost his confidence and resolve in the end. This won't be played on Chatrier, so there shouldn't be any pressure problems - and Thiem is hardly clinical when it comes to beating these guys with big serves. He gets the job done eventually, but 14 games? Yep, I think that he'll drop those more often than not.

I was going to take something similar. I expect the games line to be covered today as Johnson is atleast serving well enough to make the sets close even if he doesn't get a set but I was worried by a 6-4 6-4 6-4 kind of scoreline.

9 minutes ago, Fader said:

I was going to take something similar. I expect the games line to be covered today as Johnson is atleast serving well enough to make the sets close even if he doesn't get a set but I was worried by a 6-4 6-4 6-4 kind of scoreline.

That's probably going to happen now that I've bet on it!

1 hour ago, Fader said:

In that case, Bet365 has +6.5 games handicap @2.1. Would you two consider that worth taking? 

30 minutes ago, vikki37 said:

In that case, Bet365 has +6.5 games handicap @2.1. Would you two consider that worth taking? 

Id leave the game alone personally but if anything Id be on games because one of those sets could easily be a 6-2 job and then you're up against it with the handicap. 

Just now, CzechPunter said:

Crazy, you see 4-0 and think it's done - as it should be. Meanwhile, MTO for Vesely as well, can't breathe properly or something.

This tournament is mental. So many injuries