** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Week > May 17th - 20th

frenchratings.jpg

Well, what a Ligue 1 season it has been on this forum. The activity for this section has been unprecedented. It finally looks as though we have our winners. Monaco can firmly seal the Ligue 1 title with a draw on Wednesday at home to St Etienne. Realistically, the title is already theirs due to having a far superior goal difference compared to PSG.

PSG have secured their place in the Champions League group stage next season and Nice will also join them in the Champions League but will need to qualify via the play-off phase. A fantastic achievement for them. Lyon will contest the Europa League and Marseille just need a win in their final game against Bastia at home to confirm their place in next season's Europa League. Bordeaux are still in the fight though and will qualify for the Europa League if PSG defeat Angers in the Coupe de France Final.

The relegation picture is a little more complex. Nancy need a win against St Etienne and hope that Bastia fail to beat Marseille and Lorient lose to Bordeaux. Otherwise, Nancy will be relegated automatically. Even if those circumstances fall in their favour, the best they can hope for is a relegation play-off. The remaining automatic relegation spot and relegation play-off spot could be taken by anyone out of Bastia, Lorient, Caen, and Dijon. All eyes will be on the bottom of the table for this thrilling conclusion.

@DrO@Icongene, @Pep004, @Pipoca, @FCNA, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @michaelwinsall, @rangers234, @DrBetter, @sajtion, @KikoCy, @Tanktop, @zemo91, @hairline, @mrclubbie, @clubgowi, @neilovan, @WinningAdvice, and @Lisandri, what are you guys all looking to bet on this weekend? Let's end this brilliant Ligue 1 season on a high and take the bookies to the cleaners! :drums

Ligue 2

Laval is stuck at the bottom of the scoring, coming from defeats and poor performances, on the other hand Nim has only one defeat in the last matches, is the best away team and can leave with victory
STADE LAVALLOIS MFC vs OLYMPIQUE NIMES @@ OLYMPIQUE NIMES, odds 1.53

Soso is in the middle of the scoreboard and is out of form, Troyes is in form having six wins and just one defeat in the most recent games
FC SOCHAUX vs ES TROYES @@ ES TROYES, odds 1.53

FC Lorient v Girondins Bordeaux

FC Lorient: Ciani (25/3 d, suspended), Moukandjo (25/13 f, top scorer), Marveaux (24/5 m)

Girondins Bordeaux: Pallois (31/2 d, suspended), Ménez (26/3 f), Touré (6/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

"I need to say, that if PSG will win against Angers in French cup (I am sure that they will) 6th placed team will play in Europe league. Why am I saying this if Nantes is 7th? Yes, Nantes is 7th with only a point more than Saint Etienne and Rennes, but situation over Lyon and Bešiktaš is still unclear. If Lyon will be baned from UEFA competitions for 2 years as promised, then 7th place will bring you to the Europa league as well, so we cannot say that Nantes have nothing to play for!"

Whole analysis here: http://www.fa-p.eu/2017/05/lille-nantes.html

"I was surprised to see Monaco on odds above the even. For a team, crushing almost all the opponents in the league, against a mid-table team, who have 42 points less then them, I think that bookmakers are wrong. Even if they are already the champions, I don't believe that Jardim will send youngsters on the pitch, as it is a normal league match. Some of them will play the last match for Monaco as there is a lot of rumours about almost all the first eleven (Mbappe, Falcao, Bernardo Silva, Lemar, Bakayoko, Fabinho, Mendy, Sidibe...), but even if we'll see a little bit mixed squad, I think that Monaco still have a decent chances to win the match."

Whole match analysis here: http://www.fa-p.eu/2017/05/rennes-monaco.html

Edited by Pep004

As I've said many times in this season, main strenght of Lorient is attack, and they need to play on great level in offence if they want to beat any team in the league. Today they will miss 2 of 3 key players in offensive part of the team, while also defence will be weaker as Ciani won't play. On the other hand Bordeaux is alraedy the team with more quality, in pretty solid form - undefeated in last 7 matches. They've beaten Lorient already in the cup and in the league match this season, so I see no reason why not to back +0,25 on Les Girondins in this duel.

Whole analysis here: http://www.fa-p.eu/2017/05/lorient-bordeaux.html

lorient is too good to go down. bordeaux haven't won that many games this season so i think with home advantage lorient will win. there is no pressure on monaco as they are confirmed champions but i still expect them to beat rennes. rennes draws a lot but that's due to their lack of quality so monaco should beat them. i also fancy few goals in angers vs montpellier and lille vs nantes so i am taking btts.

Nice had too many injury concerns this season... who knows where they might be if it wouldn't be like this. I just hope that Favre will stay and continue with magnificent work. (There are talks, that he might took over BVB). :(