** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Week > May 15th - 21st

eplratings.jpg

The last week of Premier League matches for the 2016/17 season right here! It's a bumper thread with midweek catch-up matches before a full schedule of games this coming Sunday. Let's end the season on a high and try to nail some of our best picks yet!

@sajtion, @discipline, @Pipoca, @the bastardian, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @allyhibs, @Judeksi, @Tiffy, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch, @betcatalog, @vasilli07, @omch@, @Pep004, and @WinningAdvice, what are you guys all looking at betting on this week?

36 minutes ago, discipline said:

First match after securing the title is very often a disappointment. On the other hand Watford's season is over. They avoided relegation but that's about it.

Yeah, I honestly think if they stuck with their manager they will be firm favourites for the drop next season. I think the teams coming up will be very strong. I can't see Newcastle or Brighton going back down. Newcastle have Benitez and I expect them to finish mid-table if he gets his way. Brighton remind me of Bournemouth and Swansea in the past. The play-off sides are all strong too with the potential to invest. I think next season we could see three teams that survived this season going down for the first time in a while.

In terms of the betting, I'm going to start the focus on the midweek games. I'm tempted by a handicap treble for Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester City. I think all three will win but it's a question of by how many. The outright treble is low at 1.62 so if you want a small return then back that. However, backing each side to win with a +1 handicap might be more tempting.

The Southampton versus Manchester United game is the killer. I really want to back the draw for that. Under 2.5 goals almost certainly.

@StevieDay1983 agreed on Newcastle. Yo-yoed straight back up that will certainly put a spring in their step next season.

I am reserving judgement on Brighton, what a bunch of muppets to blow being champions (of the championship lol)

Last week I smashed it - "I'm confident in Swansea. I think Hull might come unstuck."

and

"The Swansea Sunderland game could be over by half time. We have to win to keep pressure on both Palace and Hull - and I think we will. Sunderland are the type of team we know we are better than - their keeper saved them from a draw last weekend and I have a funny feeling we are confident enough to come out of the gate sprinting and score two before half time."

what a pity I followed all my damn advice including the shit tips eh? Lol FML

this week there will be blood. No draws last week and the stats overall V. lopsided with way less away wins than usual for the season as a whole - somewhat rectified last week, I expect more of the same thing this Sunday.

I'll be in the USA for these games. They are playing every game on ten different channels on cable TV! My wanking hand will be well and truly tested by the remote this week lol but is in great shape 

HOME WINS

Southampton will defo give Man U a game won't they?  

I fancy Burnley against West Ham. They were shocking against Liverpool.

And if you go for a Soutgsmpton win against Man U you should go for them to beat Stoke too. They are looking tasty atm.

AWAY WINS

Palace the stand out fixture for me. Man U will be resting everyone before the most important game of their season and Palace will be out for blood.

Everton to beat Arsenal (again). They know how and Arsenal will be knackered by now.

DRAWS 

Swansea v West Brom. I will be honest I had my doubts about this match a long while before we secured our premier league spot for next season. Now the pressure is off I think it will be a tidy entertaining game and lots of goals. We have not drawn anywhere near as much as last season so this feels a good safe bet to me. 

Leicester v Tottenham - these two love to stop the other one from winning and again a full of goals game and probably a draw in the end.

Edited by andrewcalo

There's been a massive upswing in goals which makes sense after the almost goalless games the last two weeks.

I'm betting on this tonight ...

IMG_4057.PNG

EDIT - there's also the possibility any of these will end nil nil - protect yourself on the front too with a tenner on each.

Edited by andrewcalo

Premier League:

Arsenal have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 home games in Premier League.
Arsenal are undefeated in their last 11 home games against Sunderland in all competitions.
Manchester City have won their last 10 games against West Bromwich Albion in all competitions.

Interesting 26 Football Betting Streaks for 16.05.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-16-05-2017

I think that I'll go with Man City first half again. This time -1, which would be a winner against Leicester as well, if Okazaki wouldn't hit a miracle.

On the other hand, I really fancy over on Leicester-Tottenham match. As Spurs are way stronger in the box than City, this poor defence of Foxes will be exploit too many times, so.. 

@Teodore I like this one and as I've said before, Leicester should have big problems in defence. Are Huth and Morgan still out? 

p.s. I have decided to take Man City -1 in first half. We'll probably see one change in the team with Pablo instead of Fernandinho on right full back position, but anyway I think that City is way better than WBA, also in pretty solid form and in Zaba's farewell from Etihad, they will destroy them. I was looking up to Man City win to nil as well (odds around 1,90) but Pinnacle isn't offering this type of bet.

Whole analysis is posted on my site: http://www.fa-p.eu/2017/05/manchester-city-wba.html

edit: WBA looks like 2nd league team today. Lack of everything. Playing with 9 players on 30-35m from their goalkeeper, and still letting so much of space in the channel.. Looks that I will beat the PL this year anyway :p 

Edited by Pep004

Well, the Wenger boys are back... Too stupid to beat fkn Sunderland at home.

edit: They did it in the end but 2-0 won't be enough. Liverpool will beat Boro and Arsenal won't score that much against Everton with that kind of pressure on them. Hopefully Wenger will have to go. I'm not an Arsenal fan but this man just doesn't know when it's time to retire.

...my mistake, I thought Liverpool and Arsenal both had 73 points. GD doesn't matter anyway. 

Edited by discipline

11 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

Don't worry @Tiffy, if history has taught us anything, it's to be positive about next season:

Palace_v_Brighton_Stamped.jpg

Haha, still living off faded glories @Mindfulness :ok

Think Brighton may have changed just a touch since those days. 

There is only one aim for next season. It's not even to stay up, it's to finish above the Nigel's. 

Bet you've got that as your screen saver!

it will be great to have those 2 games back next season though, ads a bit more spice into the mix!

24 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

Haha, still living off faded glories @Mindfulness :ok

Think Brighton may have changed just a touch since those days. 

There is only one aim for next season. It's not even to stay up, it's to finish above the Nigel's. 

Bet you've got that as your screen saver!

it will be great to have those 2 games back next season though, ads a bit more spice into the mix!

:cigar

Yeh I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Brighton for next season. To be fair I've always liked Hughton as a manager, he is underrated imo and treated poorly by previous clubs.

Can't be bothered to get into it on this thread but once all the EPL games have been played for this campaign I will open up an ante-post thread for 2017/2018 season and people can post their views.

On 16/05/2017 at 11:05 PM, Mindfulness said:

:cigar

Yeh I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Brighton for next season. To be fair I've always liked Hughton as a manager, he is underrated imo and treated poorly by previous clubs.

Can't be bothered to get into it on this thread but once all the EPL games have been played for this campaign I will open up an ante-post thread for 2017/2018 season and people can post their views.

Me too, I think we are lucky to have him. Not only a good manager, but nice bloke & wins with grace & loses with dignity. 

I'll reserve judgement until we see what transfer business has been done, but at the moment our squad will struggle. Nudge me when you put the post up.

Leicester tonight ... Spurs away from home, shit the bed time for them? They're are literally stuck permanently in second place now. Nah, they will give Leicester a game, they always do...though part of me suspects Leicester might just go and do a Man City on them and smash them by half time.

Hmmh...over 2.5 probably the wise bet. Or BTTS.

my selection for this weekend games is like this

west ham will sign off season with victory

crystal palace will win because man utd has to prepare for europa league match on wednesday and mourinho would be stupid to play first team

west brom will beat still in my eyes pathetic swansea. i don't know how they managed to survive this year but but i don't see them putting as much focus and effort into this game. they are safe but still defensively poor. west brom will sign off final match of the season with a win

stoke will beat southampton who have had 7 goalless draws this season. if this match goes the same away i only see stoke edging it

leicester will win convincingly their game but be careful placing bets on tottenham because i think hull could be more competitive than it seems

@sajtion I can see a Swansea draw at least in our last home game of the season. We stayed up because of our defending mate lol. Clements is a Defensive-minded coach. Conceded one goal in four games and that was a Rashford dive/penalty at Old Trafford.

Don't fancy Burnley to lose their last home game of the season either. Nor Southampton to lose to at St Marys.

Agree on Palace though. Bet of the week for me. But I'll be hitting the double chance on it, just to be safe.

Edited by andrewcalo