** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Make a living on Punters Lounge

Hi everyone,

I have been following Punters Lounge Racing Tips for a while now and I have decided to follow a method.

Nothing fancy, but it is very very. simple!

The idea is knowing when to stop!

So, all you have to do is check the horses in our beloved Punters Lounge right here at the top of the page by clicking on Horse Racing Tips, count the number of races and multiply that by 10. That will be your opening balance.

Set your target at lets say £ 50

Then place a WIN bet on the first selection, for £10

If the odds on that selection are over 5/1 and its a winner, then you have covered your target of 50 quid, collect and go to the pub.

If it is not a winner or the return is lower than your target, proceed to the second runner tipped.

Follow the process until you ve made your target.

Attention: You have to STOP once youve made your 50 pounds.

Check out this method for yesterday Saturday and today Sunday to find out that it works miracles!

Any comments are welcome.

Best

F

Edited by Cyprus Punter

• 2 weeks later...

Do best on the AW and in low grade handicaps.

Summer jumps is a bit inconsistent but in saying that we did have the first 5 winners at Huntingdon last night.

Trebles are up on the month and Saturdays only are showing a nice profit.

Early prices are a must for any backer, so much value the evening before:ok

billy, trebles have paid their worth this month, skybet loyalty fiver has enabled this to be a success, i use this soley for extending any losing weeks, any returns are used for £1 even or above bets which i take into the following weeks

doubling up is paper trading only just now but i havent  had to go too treble figures yet, still ahead in theory

the 4/6 shot today, prooved it takes time

patience is they key

ive been using my skybet loyalty bet £5 bet on the daily treble each monday and have had returns 3 out of last 4 mondays, as the free bet has to be over evens, it has been worth it, only downside is i miss the early prices as the free bet  arrives early on monday morning, its a tenner this week, and more free bets in future weeks, check t@c

im also paper trailing stop at a winner, excluding treble and nap, as they appear further down

1st race 1pt

2nd race 2pt

3rd race 4pt

keep doubling till winner

only downside is missing  a couple of double digit winners

and you may miss best prices as your betting one race at a time, and only the first race can you get the early price

although  all races are bog,, and multi accounts may be needed for money bets

will not be suitable for over 5 or 6 races in one afternoon as the timing may interfere with bets

Actually, I have had a few ideas along similar lines, but with a "stop loss".

This idea looks promising, but needs shortish prices (say < 2/1) to prevent long losing runs.

Something like:

Bet 1: to win £x. If win, reset and start again.

If bet 1 fail, then bet 2 to recover previous loss and win net £x. If win, reset and start again.

If bet 2 fail, then bet 3 to only recover losses from bets 1 and 2.

If bet 3 fail, then quit, accept the loss, and start again.

Just thinking, not yet tried.

made a loss today of 15pts

may have to look at what to do with ew

do it as a win or move to next race?

if you leave you could miss the big price

11/4 winner omitting the the ews  would have given a big profit

1 hour ago, corky said:

made a loss today of 15pts

may have to look at what to do with ew

do it as a win or move to next race?

if you leave you could miss the big price

11/4 winner omitting the the ews  would have given a big profit

Bit of a one off today with race times too, two meetings starting much earlier than the others, unlucky.
Plenty of winners later in the day too!
I suppose if your operating a 'win only' system you should just do the 'win' selections, but i guess thats what paper trailing is all about. 
I have to say i've never liked the doubling up or loss recovery staking plans, have a look around for some alternatives.

Anyone got any good staking plans they would like to share?

I'll have a look at some old threads later:ok

its a tough one, as it takes time, 1st one wins and its small profit

or it could be 6 or 7 hour shift, but i work full time, so it may not be practical

i will continue to paper trade until sunday

i was always told/shown that you had to record every single bet

betting bank separate from your own account

2%--20% staking bank, choose either level stake, increase on losses or decrease on losses, dont mix and match

the bigger the stake %, the greater the risk

and dont bet more that you can afford to loss

Edited by corky
missed a unit out

9 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

BH is it possible to change the format of the records to time of race and not meeting as like tips. Hope you get my drift.

@Xtc12

Hi mate, do you mean the results spreadsheet that you can download?

I just provide the tips, I don't have anything to do with the spreadsheet results. 
Paul is away at the moment but will be back in a couple of days, may be worth asking him.

BH,

Do you have a spreadsheet showing ONLY daily nap, and daily treble.

Re staking: In general I prefer level stakes (1 pt), maybe 0.8 pts for a long un and 1.2 pts for a shorty. Possibly 2 pts for a well fancied horse in a very high profile  (eg group1, grade 1) race.

I make my bets in the morning, so can't really do loss recovery unless slobbing it on the sofa. And those last minute bets while watching TV are some of my worst.

@Snoopdog

Sorry mate as i said to Xtc, the data is sorted by Paul, i dont have any control over the spreadsheets.

The Daily Nap is basically 99.9% the same horses I put up i the Monthly Naps comp. Strangely todays is different as i need a bigger priced winner for the comp being the last day, buts that hardly ever happens, once in 4 months or something.

What i'm saying is that all of the totals from the Naps can be found in the final tables for each month.

Results since 2016

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 08.38.05.png

9 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Just to say the ratings made a profit in May for the 10th month in a row.

£20 stakes on all selections plus Naps and Trebles would have returned over £800 profit.

:ok

thats a fantastic achievment, lots of hard work and time goes into and its great so see a profit for all the effort:notworthy

4 minutes ago, Snoopdog said:

If say £10 per pt, my nerve would have cracked before staking 31 pts.

in the 2 weeks of paper trailing i havnt went by the 6th selection,if/when it does it may be difficult to get the full bet on,or it could be a a real short price which may make it impossible to make profit and/or fail to recover losses. but so far with the paper trail i am in profit, and as explained at the begining , a few tweaks may be needed/adjusted and if i dont do ew, just win then every day has been profitable

the biggest challenge would be getting such a large bet on,eg 10th selection requires 512 stake @ 8/1, would take several accounts and with a time frame between 5 and 10 minutes and even less if races running late, and bookmakers would get "wind" of what was happening and limit bets or close account

I used to use a percentage staking plan and i found it was quite successful as long as you could find a system where you had frequent winners.

The secret was to set the plan at the right level for the strike rate expected. So for example your opening bank figure would need to sustain any losing run to avoid being cleaned out.

If you were backing short priced favourites then it could be a lot less than a more aggressive selection method with less winners at a bigger price.

Lets say i'm backing favourites, I would have an opening stake of 5pts and set the bank at £30, this gives me a losing run of 6 before losing my opening £30.

So 5pts on the first selection and then once we have a winner we split the bank into 6 again.

If the prices are short it will need patience to build up, but thats your choice, if you wanted to back 5/1 shots then you would maybe want a few more than 6 as a safety net.

I'll try this with the selections in the trebles and naps in a different thread for a month.

:ok