** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Final > Jun 3rd

uclodds.jpg

The Champions League Final will take place in my hometown of Cardiff early next month and it will be between Italian side Juventus and Spanish club Real Madrid. Many have said it is a dream final for the host city with Juventus having that link to the great Welsh strikers John Charles and Ian Rush then Real Madrid boasting current Wales international Gareth Bale in their ranks.

It's close to call. I'm amazed Juventus are going into this at 2.80. I actually think they might have a slight edge over Real Madrid. It's the perfect final if you ask me. I'm certainly going to be very interested to hear what you lot have to say about it in regards to the betting for the big game.

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @LePapo, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @andrewcalo, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, and @WinningAdvice, what are you guys looking at for this epic game?

Yeah, it seems destined to be Juventus' trophy. Would love to see Buffon lift it. I also feel this Real Madrid side always has a bad performance in it somewhere. However, they seem to keep delivering when it matters. Avoiding the outright win in 90 minutes seems a very sensible idea, particularly with Juventus available at those odds.

Rumours circulating that Gareth Bale isn't happy he won't be given the chance to start in the final in his home town. Personally, it's well known around this city that Gareth and his family are very humble and noble people. I would be amazed if he's being a diva about not starting. Isco has delivered the goods since he came into the team so why would Zidane change a winning formula? I do think it could be worth putting a bet on Bale to score any time. Imagine, a tight game heading into the last few minutes. Bale steps up with the winner in his home town!

Juventus has been a better team in this year's CL. But in this final match it's a little bit different situation because of the neutral field where the match is played. Still, odds for Juventus look tempting. Like said before they have a bit more balanced team than Real Madrid, and in the best case scenario for Juventus this could end up being a same kind of match than against Barcelona.

Edited by Judeksi

Like i mentioned before - i have put small stake to Juventus winning the  Champions League back in September @15
Obviously i'll hope they can lift the trophy in Cardiff.

As for the match..
Really tough game to call. Particularly because Real Madrir is very clinical in these types of matches. 

Even this one is final match and so much is on the stake,i'll definitely go with BTTS @ 1.95.
Draw is very realistic outcome,but i don't see this ending as goaless final. 

As I've found whole analysis of the match bothering people, I edited the post and let only betting point of view. Well.. For everyone who would like to see the whole analysis, you can read it here. 

Betting point of view: For me personally, it's a coin flip match. There is that many things which are totally unpredictable and match could be decided by the smallest possible thing. Who will have a better day? That's just another fact, which is impossible to predict. In my opinion, Real Madrid isn't playing at their best this season, and even if there will be lots of people who will disagree with me, I think that they are not. As mentioned above, it's a tricky question, what would have happened, if Bale wouldn't pick up an injury and if Isco wouldn't play as much as he plays recently. Maybe someone thinks that I am overreacting with this player, but he is exceptional. He can make the difference on the pitch with two moves, and okey, I agree - Cristiano is the one, who usually pushes ball into the net, but without Isco, Real wouldn't had created that many chances. Not even close to that! For me, the biggest question is Carvajal. Danilo is far from Spaniards quality, and right flank of Real will be much weaker without him. If he won't play, then I am somehow giving little bit more chances to Juventus than the bookmakers and if on anything, than I would put my thought on Italians, but as everyone knows, I will be staying out of that match. An interesting bet might be both teams to score, as for Real is simply impossible not to concede the goal, while their attack is fortress and it would be a surprise if they wouldn't net at least one, but... why not? Atletico was 1-0 in front till 94th minute, will be that "easy" to score from corner kick against Juventus? Well.. anyway, have in thoughts, that it is the final of Champions league and that anything can happen in those 90+ minutes. If you need to bet, just to have fun during the match, rather bet with friends. 

Edited by Pep004

1 hour ago, Notorious said:

I feel pity for whoever read your entire analysis and didn't even get a prediction. If Real Madrid keep juve out u need to retire the clip board.

With this post you've just shown why do I feel pity for you.

@andrewcalo that's just an analysis of the match. Are you always betting on the match which you are analysing? I don't know how it is with you guys, but for me it's not all about betting.. looks that I misjudged situation here. I will edit the post.

Edited by Pep004

@andrewcalo can you remember a one match when he wasn't saying that Real Madrid will beat shit out of those fucking wankers? 

For me, betting equals investment on long term and if I need to advice to someone what to bet, I would never do it in this way. I know that he is the smartest, the richest and generally the best bettor ever walking on the earth, but as someone already wrote.. I would like to see his stats tracked for at least 1-2 seasons. Even if it would be more objective after 3-4, but well at least 1-2. For me, it's a passion to analyse the match and to try to find the "holes" for the opponent but stil, prediction will come only if there will be value on offered odds. 

Looking to those two sides, if Carvajal won't play, there is a small value on Juventus. They are "undersogs" in the match and I slightly disagree with that. 

Edit: and don't worry about the waste of time for this analysis. I got paid for that article, and I thought that it could be helpful to someone on this forum as well. :) 

Anyway, good luck to everyone who will put money on the match.

Edited by Pep004

I have just spent my valuable lunch break reading this thread, hoping to get a selection that I liked the look of. 

Instead, it's descended into a bitch fest!

FFS, come on you lot, I haven't got a clue on tonight, and was hoping that you lot, ( who have been fairly reliable all season) would use your superior knowledge to help my threadbare betting bank look a bit healthier.

Result seems to hard to predict, what about goals/BTTS.

RM Most corners?

Stop bitching & start getting back to the serious stuff. 

38 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

I have just spent my valuable lunch break reading this thread, hoping to get a selection that I liked the look of. 

Instead, it's descended into a bitch fest!

FFS, come on you lot, I haven't got a clue on tonight, and was hoping that you lot, ( who have been fairly reliable all season) would use your superior knowledge to help my threadbare betting bank look a bit healthier.

Result seems to hard to predict, what about goals/BTTS.

RM Most corners?

Stop bitching & start getting back to the serious stuff. 

I have to say RM -1 is appealing more and more.