** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snerts Speed Ratings

Oriental Lilly only 2nd.

I like 3 races on Saturday which are all on TV

York  2.05  This looks between Battered and Starlight Romance to me and my slight preference is for Starlight Romance at a much better price (6-1) rather than Battered ( 11/4) but it's hard to choose between them.

York  2.40  I Like Ultimate Avenue for this (8-1) - he will have to improve a bit but that is not impossible as he's only raced 5 times.

Ascot  3.00    Makzeem and Remarkable look the main players in this race but there's very little between them . (8/1 and 11/1)

Under the Covers  - lost

I have several possibles for Saturday
I've had a few cans and these are preliminary choices based purely on my numbers. I'll be looking more closely in the morning and deciding which ones to back but here are my thoughts tonight 

Haydock  3.00  Two for Two      7-1
Seems to be running into form and 7-1 looks good

Haydock  4.35  Clear Spring    7-1
Should be competitive in a fairly open looking race

Haydock  5.05  Savannah Beau, Pearl Acclaim
I can't see Hamish McGonagain (current Fav) or Show Palace (2nd fav) winning this one- I prefer one of the above

Ayr  7.20   Desert Ace, Foxy Boy
Pomme de Terre (current Fav) has had 3 fast runs and should be due a poor run in which case Desert Ace or Foxy Boy could be the one

Poor run yesterday -

Salisbury  2.50  Waseem Faris
Could be in for a decent run today and 16-1 looks too generous to pass up

Kempton  8.40  Sea Shack
The odds look a bit mean at 5/1 - 11/2 in an open-looking race but if he's ready to go after a short rest he should be involved

Sarabi and Red Tea both lost

Some good racing on Saturday but most of it looks too open to me and I won't be betting much.
The only one that stands out (slightly) is Red Pike in the very competitive looking 2.40 at Ripon, I just think the current odds of 16-1 (20-1 with bet365) make it worth a small e/w bet

Can/t help much with the TV races

In the 3.15 at Ripon I think Out Do is worth a small e/w at around 14-1 in a very tricky race

poor result yesterday

2 possibles today but both have negative points so caution required.

Kempton 4.15  Finelcity
Has my highest rating in this race but hasn't run yet this year so fitness has to be the biggest doubt  13/2 - 7/1

Yarmouth  7.40  See Vermont
Poor run last time on soft ground and might well follow up with another poor run - but back on G/F ground I'm hoping for an improvement  -  12/1 generally

I should have taken more notice of my negatives yesterday - both lost (as half expected). I think I've been looking too hard to find a winner.

Carlisle  3.15  Twizell
I can see her at least placing with a fair chance of winning @ 10-1 generally

Fairway to Heaven a N/R

A couple of interesting ones for Saturday

Chester  4.15  Penwortham   10/1 generally  (16-1  bet 365)

Seems to like it here - his 3 races here - 2nd, won, 2nd - have produced his best 3 ratings - his other ratings have mostly been poor so I'm hoping for a good run on his return to this track.

Newmarket  5.35  Always Amazing   4/1 - 9/2

Only had 2 races but produced decent figures and won't need much improvement to win this