** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snerts Speed Ratings

Soaring Spirits drifted to 9/2 and lost

Bath  8.00    
Pixeleen is my top rated but looks a mean price (13/8) for a horse that hasn't won for almost 2 years.

Belledesert looks less consistent but on a good day matches Pixeleens rating.

Under the Covers is not far behind but she hasn't had many races for a 4yo so hard to say whether she will improve again. I have my doubts so I'm going with Belledesert at 4/1 - 9/2.

There's a lot of rain about which doesn't make life any easier.

Picked the first 3 but backed the wrong one.

Newmarket  4.25  Khamaary        
Poor price (5/2 - 11/4) but should be hard to beat

Newbury  5.50  Delfie Lane        
Took a step forward last run over 6f and 7f should suit - looks a solid e/w bet at 9/2 - 5/1. Pursuing Steed is behind on my ratings but he won his last 2 and could progress so I can't write him off.

York 3.35
In an open looking race I think Mohab looks a good e/w bet at 10-1

For the TV races the best I can do are two favourites but they should give us a run for our money

Newcastle  2.25      Don't Touch    7/2

Newmarket  3.15     Home of the Brave    5/2

Not much of interest today but I think Morache Music (5/4) is one to take on at Windsor  6.30.

Vincentti is capable on his day but is this his day ? A seller with 5 runners is not a race I would usually bother with but there's nothing else for me today.

Mishaal was a N/R yesterday

Newbury  8.05  Angel of Darkness  e/w  7-1

Tundra won her previous race in a slow time so I think she's worth taking on and Angel of Darkness has looked progressive so far and shouldn't need to improve much to win this.

Struggling to find a bet today again

Ayr  4.55  Control Centre

I don't have a rating for the hot-looking favourite ( Nothing to Lose ) as he's been runing in Ireland.
Control Centre is my second top rated behind Dark Profit
This rating was over 6f but he ran at 7f a couple of times as a 2yo so I think he'll be ok. 
Dark Profit got his high rating while winning his last race and I'm not convinced he can reach this again today

At the current price of 14-1 I think Control Centre is worth an e/w bet.

Forgot to name the horse yesterday (Muscika) - just as well it was a poor run

Hoping for better today Pontefract 3.40  Cool Bahamian - I'll be surprised if he's not involved in the finish. Currently 5/1 - 6/1

Another flop yesterday

A couple of possibles today - both have been out of form recently but if they bounce back to anywhere near their best should have a good chance,  both around 7-1

Carlisle 4.20 Picks Pinta
Epsom 8.50  Huntsmans Close

Both placed yesterday 12/1 and 7/1

Another 2 outside picks today

7.25  Kibaar  
Up against a hot favourite in Longroom who could win again but if he falters then Kibaar has a decent record here and at 9/1 - 10/1 looks a fair e/w bet

8.00  Slemy
Has been poor all season so far so it's a bit of a stretch to think he might hit form today but might be worth a small bet at 9/1 - 10/1

A couple of duds yesterday

Hamilton  7.05  Manshood   around 3/1 generally
0-9 so far but a repeat of his latest run should be enough to get him off the mark.

Of the TV races  
Newmarket 4.35 
This is one to watch rather than bet on for me as I think Caravaggio might finally get beat with Limato and The Tin Man heading my list but I might be underestimating Caravaggio.
York  4.15
With some rain forecast I think Cotai Glory is the safest bet (around 6/1-13/2) while Copper Knight could spring a surprise at a fair e/w price (10/1 - 12/1)

Cabal well beaten

Catterick  3.50  Straightothepoint    around 4/1

Meshardal and Scoffllaw peaked last time out with a higher than usual rating which usually suggests a drop back to normal and  this would give my choice the advantage today. As these are the 3 main contenders on my ratings it looks a fair bet.

Meshardal still running very well and won yesterday

A couple of e/w bets today 

Chepstow  4.00  Juan Horsepower
This race looks wide open to me and 10/1 - 12/1 looks a fair bet

Chepstow  4.30  Toni's a Star
The main thing I worry about here is the Jockey - but it's a very poor quality race and it's the horse that counts - I hope. 8/1 generally

Toni's a star won, Juan Horsepower lost

Hamilton  7.20  King Robert  e/w

Very little of interest today - Naggers looks a worthy favourite but 5/2 looks way too mean and a small place bet or e/w bet on King Robert looks better value to me (betfair currently 6.2 for 3 places). I don't expect him to win but at 20/1 - 25/1 the place odds look tempting.

Grasping at straws yesterday and it didn't come off.

Only 2 races of interest today -  

Newmarket  3.15   Curious Fox    Should have a good chance here

Haydock  5.55  Rose Eclair        A bit of a gamble that she hits form - might not, but could win if she does 

Speeds combined with sectionals is excellent over shorter distances, but you cant account for the rough and tumble of racing, luck getting out the gate and tactics over longer distances, plus the ones that suddenly get over their problems and trounce you. You need something else to help you also.
Does anyone take heed of price movements? I am not too sure what to make of it.

Yeah, speed ratings are just one factor - but for me they are the major factor. The other things you mention are just part of racing and happen all the time. Price movements are something I've not looked into.

Nothing stands out today but I think a big run is likely from Udontdodou in the 7.00 at Chelmsford at 9/2

Another day with nothing obvious but a couple of speculative ones

Yarmouth  3.50  Wild Approach

Only 6 runners so 5/1 looks tempting 

Doncaster  8.20  Dandyleekie

Needs to bounce back after a poor run but should have as good a chance as any - around 5-1