Jump to content
Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

ELO Football Ratings - Now 70 Leagues!


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, zemo91 said:

Can't thank you enough,i'm so delighted, loving it! Those elo ratings have been so helpfull in my betting strategy.

Me too! :loon  The ratings have been a personal project of mine for 20 years, but the new leagues and new design have taken them to a new level - big thanks to our coder and designer for making it happen. :clap 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Me too! :loon  The ratings have been a personal project of mine for 20 years, but the new leagues and new design have taken them to a new level - big thanks to our coder and designer for making it happen. :clap 

must be amazing to start from scratch and seeing your project evolve over the years. I'm also planning to build my own model , but I don't have the necessary knowledge yet. I'm planning to take statistic and machinelearning courses next year. Most of the models do not take team characteristics,the quality of players  and the quality of an event in consideration( ex a shot from 33 yards has not the same goalscoring threath as one from 10 yards. A  predictive model that  somehow can introduce those nuances would definItly give you an edge. I don't know if it's realizable,we will see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, that's indeed a hell of a work, cheers, Paul, looks wonderful! :ok

If I may suggest a further feature, in case you plan to develop it further: matches are sorted per league; it would be nice to have the ability to sort them per day, as well, i.e., to display all matches for a given day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, froment said:

Wow, that's indeed a hell of a work, cheers, Paul, looks wonderful! :ok

If I may suggest a further feature, in case you plan to develop it further: matches are sorted per league; it would be nice to have the ability to sort them per day, as well, i.e., to display all matches for a given day.

Hi Vuko, 

So you mean all matches from all leagues for a certain day? If that's what you meant, yeah that would be good, it's just how we would do that - perhaps we could list them on the main page https://www.punterslounge.com/elo-football-ratings

We need to design that page again because of all the new leagues, so give me some time and I'll chat to the designer to see what we can do. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, that's what I meant, all matches that take place on a certain day. It could be available at main page, as you propose, but it also could have its own links, for example "All matches today", "All matches tomorrow", etc., similar to links that exist now for each league. So, visitor can choose either a league either a day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, froment said:

Yes, that's what I meant, all matches that take place on a certain day. It could be available at main page, as you propose, but it also could have its own links, for example "All matches today", "All matches tomorrow", etc., similar to links that exist now for each league. So, visitor can choose either a league either a day.

Cool, I'll have a think and chat with designer. :ok Excellent suggestion, sometimes you overlook the obvious. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice to hear for corners! I saw @twinny runs successfull thread on corners at Glory Hunters section, and got me interested in that market, but sources of the corners statistics are sparse, so I'm sure it would be another nice addition to the site! Which, BTW, progressed a lot since I last visited! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, froment said:

Nice to hear for corners! I saw @twinny runs successfull thread on corners at Glory Hunters section, and got me interested in that market, but sources of the corners statistics are sparse, so I'm sure it would be another nice addition to the site! Which, BTW, progressed a lot since I last visited! :)

Thanks Vuko, it's been a journey for sure and not done just yet. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 07/05/2017 at 1:36 PM, froment said:

Yes, that's what I meant, all matches that take place on a certain day. It could be available at main page, as you propose, but it also could have its own links, for example "All matches today", "All matches tomorrow", etc., similar to links that exist now for each league. So, visitor can choose either a league either a day.

Sorry for the delay - This is now live and on the nav menu with a date selector https://www.punterslounge.com/elo-football-ratings/todays-elo-ratings :ok 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 5/4/2017 at 6:44 PM, Sir Puntalot said:

Sooooo, we've been busy! ;) https://www.punterslounge.com/elo-football-ratings :ok 

We'll get to designing the index page at some point soon, but you can see all leagues here and on the nav menu.

I'm off for a lie down... :zzz

1

great work sir.
i can't find the 70 leagues on https://www.punterslounge.com/elo-football-ratings 

i only see 39 leagues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...