Sir Puntalot

ELO Football Ratings - Now 70 Leagues!

12 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, zemo91 said:

Can't thank you enough,i'm so delighted, loving it! Those elo ratings have been so helpfull in my betting strategy.

Me too! :loon  The ratings have been a personal project of mine for 20 years, but the new leagues and new design have taken them to a new level - big thanks to our coder and designer for making it happen. :clap 

StevieDay1983 likes this

Absolutely incredible addition to this site. No excuse for not getting involved in talking about football leagues across the world on the forum now guys!

zemo91 likes this

13 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Me too! :loon  The ratings have been a personal project of mine for 20 years, but the new leagues and new design have taken them to a new level - big thanks to our coder and designer for making it happen. :clap 

must be amazing to start from scratch and seeing your project evolve over the years. I'm also planning to build my own model , but I don't have the necessary knowledge yet. I'm planning to take statistic and machinelearning courses next year. Most of the models do not take team characteristics,the quality of players  and the quality of an event in consideration( ex a shot from 33 yards has not the same goalscoring threath as one from 10 yards. A  predictive model that  somehow can introduce those nuances would definItly give you an edge. I don't know if it's realizable,we will see

Sir Puntalot likes this

Wow, that's indeed a hell of a work, cheers, Paul, looks wonderful! :ok

If I may suggest a further feature, in case you plan to develop it further: matches are sorted per league; it would be nice to have the ability to sort them per day, as well, i.e., to display all matches for a given day.

22 minutes ago, froment said:

Wow, that's indeed a hell of a work, cheers, Paul, looks wonderful! :ok

If I may suggest a further feature, in case you plan to develop it further: matches are sorted per league; it would be nice to have the ability to sort them per day, as well, i.e., to display all matches for a given day.

Hi Vuko, 

So you mean all matches from all leagues for a certain day? If that's what you meant, yeah that would be good, it's just how we would do that - perhaps we could list them on the main page https://www.punterslounge.com/elo-football-ratings

We need to design that page again because of all the new leagues, so give me some time and I'll chat to the designer to see what we can do. ;) 

We'll also be bringing in "Corner Ratings" in the near future. I think just having it on a separate tab would be easiest, ie Prediction | Performance | Corners

Yes, that's what I meant, all matches that take place on a certain day. It could be available at main page, as you propose, but it also could have its own links, for example "All matches today", "All matches tomorrow", etc., similar to links that exist now for each league. So, visitor can choose either a league either a day.

Sir Puntalot likes this

1 minute ago, froment said:

Yes, that's what I meant, all matches that take place on a certain day. It could be available at main page, as you propose, but it also could have its own links, for example "All matches today", "All matches tomorrow", etc., similar to links that exist now for each league. So, visitor can choose either a league either a day.

Cool, I'll have a think and chat with designer. :ok Excellent suggestion, sometimes you overlook the obvious. ;) 

froment likes this

Nice to hear for corners! I saw @twinny runs successfull thread on corners at Glory Hunters section, and got me interested in that market, but sources of the corners statistics are sparse, so I'm sure it would be another nice addition to the site! Which, BTW, progressed a lot since I last visited! :)

1 minute ago, froment said:

Nice to hear for corners! I saw @twinny runs successfull thread on corners at Glory Hunters section, and got me interested in that market, but sources of the corners statistics are sparse, so I'm sure it would be another nice addition to the site! Which, BTW, progressed a lot since I last visited! :)

Thanks Vuko, it's been a journey for sure and not done just yet. ;) 

froment likes this