** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > May 4th - 7th

champratings.jpg

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

loiratings.jpg

Here are the ELO ratings for League 1, League 2, and SPL this weekend. Still waiting on the Championship ones to update. Will add them when they become available.

In the Championship, Brighton and Newcastle are both promoted but still battling it out for the title. The four play-off spots are all but confirmed due to goal difference with Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, and Fulham the four to currently occupy those spots. However, at the other end it's the relegation battle that is still wide open. Rotherham and Wigan have gone but the last spot is still there to be taken with one of Blackburn, Nottingham Forest, and Birmingham still at risk. Would be interested to get views of fans of those clubs.

The League 1 play-offs start this week and it's wide open in my eyes. Fleetwood go into it as favourites for me but Millwall love play-offs. Bradford and Scunthorpe should also not be underestimated. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Bradford back in the Championship. My first game watching Cardiff in the Championship was a 2-0 home defeat to Bradford. Fond memories!

League 2 draws to a close as well with Plymouth, Doncaster, and Portsmouth all promoted already. The play-offs are still open to almost half the division. Luton and Exeter have sealed their places in the play-offs already and despite Carlisle and Blackpool currently sitting in the remaining two spots it is still technically possible for any two of Stevenage, Cambridge, Colchester, Wycombe, or Mansfield to gate crash the play-off party. At the other end of the table, the sad plight of Leyton Orient has been well-documented. They will be joined by either Hartlepool or Newport County in bowing out of the league. Hartlepool need a win and hope Newport County fail to win. The difference of 1 goal in the goal difference means a Hartlepool win and a Newport County draw would see County relegated due to an inferior goals scored statistic.

In the SPL, it's all winding down quietly. Celtic are champions. Aberdeen and Rangers looked good to take the Europa League spots. Inverness are all but down. However, it is still tight to avoid the relegation play-off with Motherwell currently in the dreaded spot but anyone in the bottom half could still get sucked into it.

What do you think you will bet one then, @DW_United@sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, and @MuineBheag?

Going with Newport win against Notts.... They need a win and play at home. Also Newport show a good Form in last Weeks, even Notts do this also. But it going for northing by Notts. So motivation and Home Advantage here, let me try Newport.

Championship ratings have now been updated and added guys! On a personal note, I quite fancy us to get something at Huddersfield. @Kenton Schweppes, how are you feeling ahead of the game? There are bitter sweet feelings down here with speculation growing that Peter Whittingham will leave on a free in the summer. He's never been the most consistent performer but more often than not he's performed well and has been responsible for some of our most memorable moments over the last 10 years. He's also a thoroughly likeable bloke who has openly embraced living here. He's in a relationship with a local lass and has stated he'd love to stay here but it looks like our board aren't willing to offer him the money needed to keep him. I think the best they offered was a 50% wage cut which is extreme. It's alleged he'd favour a move to Bristol City if they can offer the money.

However, on the plus side, rumours are growing that Manga is likely to stay with us when he was all but gone. Warnock has grown to like him as a player and Manga is becoming more enthused by Warnock as a manager after the two had a rocky start to their relationship. Manga could easily play in the Premier League when he's injury-free. If he stays then our defence is looking good for next season.

Can we take the positive mood from that Manga news and use it on the weekend? I'm confident enough to back us to at least draw. I think our high pressing game might cause Huddersfield problems. Warnock knows if we give them time on the ball they will punish us. My only worry is we've only scored 1 goal in 4 matches and Kenneth Zohore has gone off the boil again. A 0-0 draw or 1-1 draw is a result I'd favour.

Hello, I am new here, but already fallow this forum for some time.

I will start posting too some picks as well

I have a question:

This 4 teams will go to playoff, Reading, Huddersfield, Shef Utd and Fulham. who do you think are de 2 best teams at this moment prepared to win the playoff? I think is Shef Wed and Fulham. Do You Agree? if so i think there are big valuebeting this weekend in Championship.
Can You Experts give me your opinion? Tks :ok

2 hours ago, Pipoca said:

Hello, I am new here, but already fallow this forum for some time.

I will start posting too some picks as well

I have a question:

This 4 teams will go to playoff, Reading, Huddersfield, Shef Utd and Fulham. who do you think are de 2 best teams at this moment prepared to win the playoff? I think is Shef Wed and Fulham. Do You Agree? if so i think there are big valuebeting this weekend in Championship.
Can You Experts give me your opinion? Tks :ok

:welcome to PL @Pipoca :ok 

The playoffs are notorious for being very hard to predict because league form goes out the window. It comes down to who has the biggest heart in my opinion as they're all closely matched. ;) 

I Had made lots and lots of reading and i can say this.

Noone wants to play Fulham on the playoff 2 legs.That said and fulham are for sure 6th place, Sheff Wed if had to play them they will play them in a single game on wembley where they have more chances against them.

I took already in Very Very High Stakes and my banker of the year fulham Ah+0,5 @1,65 and also fulham to win in medium stakes @3, and why... if reading looses what i think its very possible Sheff cant even draw because they finish 3rd

Edited by Pipoca

For the third week in a row it's the exact same reasoning from me for Hibs v St Mirren.

I'll be a bit bolder this week and go for Over 3.5 goals at 3.00. This could be done by half time :ok

Also, Jason Cummings anytime scorer at 2.00. WTF!! Yes please.

Edited by allyhibs

I really hate these last couple of games of the season in most leagues. What you get is teams playing for nothing, then you get one team with everything to play for against another with nothing, but ALL the pressure is on that side and their odds are so low, it's just not a viable bet. Portsmouth for example @ 1.36 - they should steamroller Cheltenham, but there's only pressure on them and if they don't score early, it only gets worse. I'd much rather back them in the same equation after 10 matches in the season and they'd be 1.60 probably.

Blackpool need a win at home to Orient to seal a play off place. Orient already relegated, with the club facing financial ruin. Which means players probably aren't being paid & they will all be looking to jump ship this summer.

Blackpool AH -1.5 = 1.85 is about the best I can come up with.

Also Plymouth & Portsmouth stand a chance of winning the title, but they must both win.

Both playing teams with the proverbial "nothing to play for!!!"

Plymouth away to Grimsby - 1.96

Portsmouth AH -1.5 = 1.8 at home to Cheltenham

47 minutes ago, Teodore said:

Guys,

what about Huddersfield home win?

They still have chance to play 4 even to be 3rd.  

For me odds are tasty ;)

Any opinions?

As a Cardiff City fan I'm going to politely ask you to fuck off! :lol

In all seriousness, Huddersfield are struggling with their form and @Kenton Schweppes has said the mood around the place isn't as high as it was. Still, Warnock has said he's going to use the game as a last chance opportunity for some players who are looking to have their contracts renewed or extended for next season. So I can see a patchy and disrupted display from us because those players don't really offer much. Initially, I was thinking we could take a win or draw here but now I'm not so optimistic. I can see a draw at best with a narrow defeat likely.

I´m making some bets for today.

Write it up - going with Newport win small. Notts playing some nice football under Nolan and think even a Lose for Newport and they will stay in League because Hartlepool absolut in poor Form. But think Motivation will be high for Newport to win last Game.

Other bets are Stevenage win, Wycombe Win and a Combo Bet with Blackpool+Portsmouth and Colchester.

Someone here who are trust Morecambe for Win against Luton? Will Luton rest some players?

Fancy Falkirk to beat Dumbarton today and secure 2nd place in the Scottish Championship, as 3rd place Dundee Utd playing 4th place Morton so points will be dropped somewhere in that game, doubled with Arbroath to beat Stirling and become League 2 champions ahead of Forfar who are playing 3rd place Annan, so again, points will be dropped there also

Bet fair pays 2.64 for the double. (Might be a better price elsewhere, but I have funds in my account there!)

3 hours ago, Neubs said:

I´m making some bets for today.

Write it up - going with Newport win small. Notts playing some nice football under Nolan and think even a Lose for Newport and they will stay in League because Hartlepool absolut in poor Form. But think Motivation will be high for Newport to win last Game.

Other bets are Stevenage win, Wycombe Win and a Combo Bet with Blackpool+Portsmouth and Colchester.

Someone here who are trust Morecambe for Win against Luton? Will Luton rest some players?

Newport are very confident they can do it but it does have a warning of the old "anti-climax fever" about it. Massive turn out, great atmosphere, good form heading into it, and then the worst possible outcome. We've all been there. Based on stats, I would back Newport easily. However, this is football. It just has that feeling about it that the expected result will not be the end result.

6 hours ago, Teodore said:

Guys,

what about Huddersfield home win?

They still have chance to play 4 even to be 3rd.  

For me odds are tasty ;)

Any opinions?

I would avoid backing us tomorrow, Huddersfield, we have really struggled of late and I'm expecting a few players rested tomorrow just like we did last week in preparation for the week after.

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 3:03 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Championship ratings have now been updated and added guys! On a personal note, I quite fancy us to get something at Huddersfield. @Kenton Schweppes, how are you feeling ahead of the game? There are bitter sweet feelings down here with speculation growing that Peter Whittingham will leave on a free in the summer. He's never been the most consistent performer but more often than not he's performed well and has been responsible for some of our most memorable moments over the last 10 years. He's also a thoroughly likeable bloke who has openly embraced living here. He's in a relationship with a local lass and has stated he'd love to stay here but it looks like our board aren't willing to offer him the money needed to keep him. I think the best they offered was a 50% wage cut which is extreme. It's alleged he'd favour a move to Bristol City if they can offer the money.

However, on the plus side, rumours are growing that Manga is likely to stay with us when he was all but gone. Warnock has grown to like him as a player and Manga is becoming more enthused by Warnock as a manager after the two had a rocky start to their relationship. Manga could easily play in the Premier League when he's injury-free. If he stays then our defence is looking good for next season.

Can we take the positive mood from that Manga news and use it on the weekend? I'm confident enough to back us to at least draw. I think our high pressing game might cause Huddersfield problems. Warnock knows if we give them time on the ball they will punish us. My only worry is we've only scored 1 goal in 4 matches and Kenneth Zohore has gone off the boil again. A 0-0 draw or 1-1 draw is a result I'd favour.

Think it might be a draw tomorrow, two teams just playing out a dead rubber, we'll be looking to avoid Fulham so won't be going full tilt. As I said, probably be a few changes from us tomorrow like last week in readiness for the play offs, although I expect a few of the absentees from last week just to maintain match fitness and sharpness.

I am as shocked as i could possibly be,not seeing you guys lumping on Newcastle to finish 1st @ evs with bet365.As i see it,Brighton have mountain to climb if they are to beat Villa today.They failed to do so in the beginning of the season at home and today when they have already been promoted i cant see them throwing all out attack to achieve the win.THey have already put their foot off the gas and 2 loses came immediately.Today i expect them to get defeated once again or to take a point at max.Newcastle have far more easier task at home against Barnsley who are safe and sound and are just finishing the season.I expect a routine win for the home win which will be enough to see them topping the leaggue.To sum it up,i think Newcastle winning today is a given while Brighton don't care anymore and have lost against far worse oppositions in the last couple of rounds so there is no sign of them raising for the occasion.

Edited by Simeon Borisof

league1odds.jpg

This annoying play-off schedule means the League 1 semi final second legs are today... before the other play-offs have even started! Here are the odds to have a gander. Both ties are very evenly balanced with Bradford only holding a 1-0 lead going into their away leg and the second match being level at 0-0... what do you guys reckon about these games?

I still think Bradford are likely to qualify but it won't be easy. Might end up a draw on the night or could even require extra time and pens. I also think Millwall could get something at Scunthorpe. As I mentioned earlier in the week, Millwall do love the play-offs.

10 hours ago, Simeon Borisof said:

I am as shocked as i could possibly be,not seeing you guys lumping on Newcastle to finish 1st @ evs with bet365.As i see it,Brighton have mountain to climb if they are to beat Villa today.They failed to do so in the beginning of the season at home and today when they have already been promoted i cant see them throwing all out attack to achieve the win.THey have already put their foot off the gas and 2 loses came immediately.Today i expect them to get defeated once again or to take a point at max.Newcastle have far more easier task at home against Barnsley who are safe and sound and are just finishing the season.I expect a routine win for the home win which will be enough to see them topping the leaggue.To sum it up,i think Newcastle winning today is a given while Brighton don't care anymore and have lost against far worse oppositions in the last couple of rounds so there is no sign of them raising for the occasion.

1:1

3:0

On Saturday, May 06, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Kenton Schweppes said:

Think it might be a draw tomorrow, two teams just playing out a dead rubber, we'll be looking to avoid Fulham so won't be going full tilt. As I said, probably be a few changes from us tomorrow like last week in readiness for the play offs, although I expect a few of the absentees from last week just to maintain match fitness and sharpness.

God Stevie mate you won't have had an easier 3 points this season, you looked way better than we did and if Warnock gets his targets in the summer you'll be going for promotion next season no doubt about that and I'll be backing you in my pre-season patent. I like that Zohore, we could do with someone like him. Decent following too, 500, a few dressed as bananas. You're the only team to do the double over us this season too.

I must say if anyone wants to back us, Huddersfield, to win the play offs, I'd say don'the bother we've nose dived of late, we look a shadow of our former selves.

@StevieDay1983 any idea what the result of Warnocks talks with Tan were?

I see him talking of new faces by June but it seems to be squad fillers he's identified. I'm asking as I'm looking at a big ante post on Cardiff to make the playoffs and reckon there could be good value now before they pick up one or two big/biggish names in the summer.

2 hours ago, Icongene said:

@StevieDay1983 any idea what the result of Warnocks talks with Tan were?

I see him talking of new faces by June but it seems to be squad fillers he's identified. I'm asking as I'm looking at a big ante post on Cardiff to make the playoffs and reckon there could be good value now before they pick up one or two big/biggish names in the summer.

Rumours are he's being given a war chest of £5 million but will need to move on a few players to free up money for wages. The likes of Adam Le Fondre, Peter Whittingham, and Idriss Saadi could all leave to generate funds. It has been suggested Neil Etheridge is being signed as a keeper but not sure if that's as a number one or back-up. It's certainly going to be an interesting summer. We still need another striker. I wouldn't mind seeing Saadi being given a chance. He did alright in the couple of games he did play for us. He's big and physical. Could partner well with Zohore. I'd also like to see Noone and Pilkington moved on. Both have suffered from bad injuries and they just aren't effective enough out wide. Marley Watkins is being tipped as a potential signing and that would be great.

Results came in as I had hoped tonight in the League One Play-Offs. Bradford and Millwall in the final. Hopefully, Bradford will win that.

4 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

God Stevie mate you won't have had an easier 3 points this season, you looked way better than we did and if Warnock gets his targets in the summer you'll be going for promotion next season no doubt about that and I'll be backing you in my pre-season patent. I like that Zohore, we could do with someone like him. Decent following too, 500, a few dressed as bananas. You're the only team to do the double over us this season too.

I must say if anyone wants to back us, Huddersfield, to win the play offs, I'd say don'the bother we've nose dived of late, we look a shadow of our former selves.

Yeah, didn't see that coming. The red card sealed it for us. No idea what was going through Ward's head. Is he banned for both play-off games now or just one? Could be a huge blow for you guys. Still, Sheffield Wednesday coming up. How have you done against them this season?