** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

May 1 - May 7

Why GGL is favourite against Harrison?He shouldnt be favourite against anyone these days and given the H2H between them odds of evens is a must take for me.GGL is having a nightmare year so far and i think there is great chance for him to continue like that.Although Harrison is no great shakes either i think odds should be at least set the other way.

Edited by Simeon Borisof

Back Daniel Brands to beat Laslo Djere at 3.01 with Pinnacle

I saw the Serbian two times here in Budapest last week and albeit he played some decent tennis, he also benefited from the circumstances. Troicki is simply an idiot, no longer wondering if he drops a set from 5-0 lead. Djere also had some luck against Verdasco when the play should have been stopped because of rain, but the match official had different opinion. All in all what he put on the table last week was a big and nice effort, but I am really wondering if he can carry that over to Istanbul.

On the other side, Brands is definitely not in the form of his life, but he already went through the qualies and is adapted to the circumstances. I don't give much importance to the H2H where the German leads 1-0 (they met last year in the AO qualies), but anyway I think it worth backing Brands, even for a set at 1.80

Just one bet for tomorrow

Maia Beatriz Haddad to beat Christina McHale @2,25

She brought me enough money in the qualies so I can afford this bet easily and I am pretty confident she will take this... Even more, I think this will end 2:0... and last but not least -> she will play semifinals! :) it is Rodina/Stosur 2nd round, both very beatable, Safarova/Jankovic/Pliskova/Kucova in quarterfinal and all of them are beatable... :)

On 30/04/2017 at 6:45 PM, Simeon Borisof said:

Why GGL is favourite against Harrison?He shouldnt be favourite against anyone these days and given the H2H between them odds of evens is a must take for me.GGL is having a nightmare year so far and i think there is great chance for him to continue like that.Although Harrison is no great shakes either i think odds should be at least set the other way.

I think if you carefully take everything into consideration and do a reality check, you will agree that odds are about right. What odds will I give Harrison to make it 5-0 on this different surface of clay? 6/4 and worse really. There is every chance of GGL stopping that rot here on his favourite surface. It will require emotional blindness to punt Harrison in the mist of  a more viable option.

Maia Beatriz Haddad to beat Samantha Stosur @3,4

Just go with the flow, Haddad played well today, good serving, defence, forhend down the line is doing well... Stosur is average player for the last year or even longer...

After seeing Brown throw it all away earlier on, now it seems like Harrison could well do the same. But how does one predict results like Domingues beating Edmund (check how the final set developed :lol) or Maria crushing Begu or O'Connell out-playing Mayer? I'm strongly considering sticking to underdogs only for a while.

Edit: Thanks, Ryan!

Maia Beatriz Haddad to beat Kristyna Pliskova @1,83

This will be the thoughest match for Haddad so far, mostly because Pliskova is playing in front of the home crowd, but still Haddad should be way better than Pliskova on clay court...

I had it in the quualies against Alexandrova, but compeltely forgot about her against Sramkova and Vekic... It was during thw weekend and I was out for holidays...

I truly believed in semifinals in Prague, but semis will be difficult for her against Ostapenko/Vondrusova... We will se what happens! :)

Judging by the way Jelena Ostapenko played versus Caro Woz today I think she's got a great chance to beat her next opponent. She struck so many winners in basically every game and she faced a match point but played so well to save it and then took the match in a tiebreak. Can't imagine Jelena to lose in either the quarter or semi so I think we will see the latvian in the final.

Dusan Lajovic to beat (-1.5 sets) Mikhail Youzhny at 2.14 with Unibet

Dusan beats Mikhail in straight sets on this surface probably in at least 7 of 10 tries nowadays. Before when Mikhail was better he might have had a chance on this surface but this is Dusans best surface and I think we will see him beating old Mikhail in straight sets for a spot in the quarter. One match between them so far and Dusan won in straight sets on clay in Kitzbühel 2015. Worth to try a set handicap here on Dusan.

Jelena Ostapenko to beat Ana Konjuh @1,72

Ostapenko hit 70 winners against Wozniacki! :)

Mona Barthel to beat Camila Giorgi @1,66

Barthel playing good for the whole year now and Giorgi had problems with an Asian player on clay...

Pedro Sousa to beat Gilles Muller 2,5

Sousa won a challenger last week and now he is playing in front of his crowd against a player who doesn't know what he is doing on clay! :) There will be a lot of easy targets for Sousa when Muller comes to the net... I am betting that he can make them at 2,5 :)

I was actually considering backing Konta, but no bet for me in the end. A tournament win is often followed by a disastrous spell if the player isn't used to it (and Siegemund isn't).

Edit: Well, looks like she had nerves of steel, congrats!