** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Apr 29th - May 1st

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I just do not know what to call for tonight's game. Liverpool are one of the most unpredictable sides. I'm going to struggle to back them for the win here. Liverpool's away form has been decent recently but Watford have won their last three home games without conceding a goal! This is the exact sort of game Liverpool slip up in and without Adam Lallana I still feel they lack that extra creative cutting edge. My gut instinct is to back a draw.

@StevieDay1983 Yeh it's an interesting one tonight. ELO has the teams finely balanced at present and as you said, Watford pretty strong at home this season with only 5 defeats thus far. My problem is that they tend to do well against lesser sides and then loose to the big guns. It's also worrying that Watford lost the reverse of this fixture 6-1 :eek Although Mane and Lallana featured heavily that day - Watford cannot handle strong flank attacks.

If Lallana remains out then Watford +1.0 @ close to EVS could be a loose change bet but nothing more.

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

You called it. Could even have arguably been a win if luck had been with you more.

I just do not know what to call for tonight's game. Liverpool are one of the most unpredictable sides. I'm going to struggle to back them for the win here. Liverpool's away form has been decent recently but Watford have won their last three home games without conceding a goal! This is the exact sort of game Liverpool slip up in and without Adam Lallana I still feel they lack that extra creative cutting edge. My gut instinct is to back a draw.

I'm backing a home win. £55. It's rare to have only one home win in a premiership week.

On 29.4.2017 at 7:04 PM, sajtion said:

i hope no one followed it. it seemed like goal fest in my head but didn't turn out that way

• Southampton vs Hull
  • Stoke v West Ham
  • Sunderland v Bournemouth
  • WBA v Leicester
  • Palace v Burnley

No offence but goal fest in your head with these kinda games? :lol

I thought you were being sarcastic when I read your prediciton.

1 hour ago, discipline said:
  • Southampton vs Hull
  • Stoke v West Ham
  • Sunderland v Bournemouth
  • WBA v Leicester
  • Palace v Burnley

No offence but goal fest in your head with these kinda games? :lol

I thought you were being sarcastic when I read your prediciton.

I thought he was being sarcastic about Burnley getting an away win as well but he proved me wrong! Sajtion is like Matthew Le Tissier. A decent player, lacks consistency but keeps us glued to his tips because now and again he puts one right in the upper echelons!

I think Liverpool could be in trouble tonight.

They have the strangest away record in the premier league.

Very good against top opponents. Against the top 7 teams (excluding themselves), they are undefeated on the road. 4 wins 3 draws (15 points from 21 available). Compare this to Arsenal who have taken 1 point from 21 against the top 8 away (3-1 Chelsea, 2-0 SPurs, 3-1 Liverpool, 2-1 Man City, 1-1 Man United, 2-1 Everton. 3-1 WBA)

This shows that Liverpool are setting up very well against solid teams. Their problem comes when trying to make the running to beat the average to poor teams, that are playing defensively. They don't know how to do it. Bournemouth (4-3), Leceister (3-1), Burnely (2-0), Hull CIty (2-0), SUnderland (2-2) have all had home success against Liverpool. Fergie understood how to break down these defensive teams, and Klopp does'nt understand how to do it, yet.

I think the double chance Watford is more than possible here, especially if Liverpool struggle to find an early goal. Small bet on the home win at 6.2 and  2 units on Watford DC at 2.5

Edited by neilovan